Answered Map tiles load right in front of me on all medium and large maps, and when it does, bus gets stuck (SSD)

sjain

Aug 3, 2016
Full PC Specs:

System Builder - Core i7-5820K 3.3GHz 6-Core, GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB AMP! (2-Way SLI), 780T ATX Full Tower - PCPartPicker United Kingdom

CPU: Intel - Core i7-5820K 3.3GHz 6-Core Processor
Motherboard: Asus - X99-A ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4-2133 Memoru
Storage: Kingston - Savage 480GB 2.5" Solid State Drive - game is installed on this SSD
Storage: Toshiba - MD03ACA-V 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: Zotac - GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB AMP! Video Card (2-Way SLI)
Video Card: Zotac - GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB AMP! Video Card (2-Way SLI)
Power Supply: Corsair - RM 1000W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit

(incase driver issues cause this):

Wireless Network Adapter: Netgear - A6210-100PAS USB 3.0 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi Adapter
Monitor: Acer - S277HK wmidpp 27.0" 3840x2160 60Hz Monitor
Keyboard: Razer - Blackwidow Tournament Edition Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Razer - DeathAdder Chroma Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Kingston - HyperX Cloud II 7.1 Channel Headset

---------------

So basically, whenever I play a map that is medium or large:

1. I load in, and the game runs fine for about 10 minutes of driving

2. Then, as I continue on, the game pauses and I get the "Loading map tile X of Y..." splash screen for a few seconds, then the game resumes after the tile loads successfully near me.

3. About 2 minutes later, I come up and the map in front of me is missing, the road just ends and is floating midair.

4. When I go onto that road, but don't go to the edge, the game shows me that same splash ("Loading map tile X of Y...") screen again, but this time the tile does not load and the bus touches the edge, causing it to freeze (but indicators etc. still work). There isn't a way out of this.

Notes:

- None of any of my maps have missing splines or objects
- This happens on all medium or large maps, including (tested the issue occurs on these maps, latest versions) Spitterburg, Hamburg Tag und Nacht, BoTW, Lemmental, Karbowo, Motorway Map, etc etc and it occurs every time
- I have the "Load all tiles on map start..." option enabled in settings.
- The game is running on an SSD.
- I have already applied the Large Address Aware and 4GB Patch patches to Omsi.exe
- I have verified game cache on Steam for the game.
- I have messed around with the graphics settings extensively, every single option, and it didn't help

- My OMSI 2 install is about 120 GB at this point (reinstalling will take too long), and I never installed anything for months, and the issue didn't occur until I got back into the game a few weeks ago.
- I have checked the SSD for corruption, normal read/write speeds and errors, including CrystalDiskInfo for SMART values... everything is fine

Absolutely confused as to what is causing this. All help is widely appreciated!

p.s. just wanted to say to admin, I love the forum design, its perfect and how every forum should be, functional and beautiful

Last edited:

sjain

Aug 3, 2016
Hey not sure if you are following this still (@Kyle C)

Just did a clean install of OMSI 2 version 2.3.004 (latest), installed Addon_gcW, Busdriversobjeckte and Lemmental fully, as well as the same MAN bus and after extensive testing the issue is gone, regardless of whether the "Load all tiles on map start..." is checked or unchecked.

I still can't be bothered to re-install; I actually copied over Busdriversobjekte from the old install and I re-downloaded addon_gCW. I think this issue is happening in the maps because something is corrupted or messed up in addon_gCW and its not being reported in the log properly. I will clean install that addon and report back.

BTW, those two addons (Busdriversobjekte and addon_gCW) are the only required downloads for Lemmental, aside from the map itself.

At least the issue is solved. Also, Lemmental is an incredible map. Highly recommended!

Not going to mark this as solved until I report back

EDIT: THE ISSUE IS SOLVED ON MY MAIN OMSI INSTALL TOO

Full steps on how to fix:

- My "OMSI 2\Sceneryobjects\addon_gcW" folder was 200MB
- The download extracted is about 5MB

1. I deleted my old addon_gcW folder (I actually moved it to the desktop since there might be some misc objects in there needed for other maps)
2. I re-downloaded addon_gcW from here:

- Link to site = gcW Straßenobjekte | gcWorld Modifications
- Direct download of it = https://github.com/gcWorld/gcw-Strassenobjekte/releases/download/v1.3.2/gcW.Strassenobjekte.1.3.2.zip
- Archived link of site (archive.is didn't work) = gcW Straßenobjekte | gcWorld Modifications

Unfortunately I can't archive the download without rehosting it. If the page goes missing check : gcWorld/gcw-Strassenobjekte

3. Then I installed the new download by extracting the folder inside the .rar to my OMSI 2 root game install folder.

Last edited:

lubukesh

Apr 10, 2016
Tiles not loading means you have missing objects (bear in mind it might be common objects that most maps use, hence why it happens on several). Try running Map Tools on some of them to see if it brings up anything missing.

Reactions: sjain

Kyle C

Creator of Swindon Map
Oct 17, 2016
The *.sco files should only be about 1KB, yes. This only defines the object and points to model file and textures as well as settings properties.
I've always found that warnings can be ignored if it's only things like textures or sounds etc. Anything else I would look into.

Best bet is just to completely delete the map folders which don't work and reinstall them. You won't lose any objects/splines and the actual map files should be fresh.

Kyle C

Creator of Swindon Map
Oct 17, 2016
If you have the same on Steam, have you tried unticking the DLC on the game page to uninstall it, then ticking it again to install it?

EDIT: Sorry, just realised it isn't a Steam DLC; dunno why I thought it was :P I'm out of clues then, sorry buddy

Kyle C

Creator of Swindon Map
Oct 17, 2016
Glad you got it working!
Cheers for the map recommendation; will have to try that at some point! :) P.S Did it fix it on all the other maps too?

sjain

Aug 3, 2016
Tiles not loading means you have missing objects (bear in mind it might be common objects that most maps use, hence why it happens on several). Try running Map Tools on some of them to see if it brings up anything missing.
Thanks for your quick reply. I forgot to mention that none of any of my maps have missing splines or objects

sjain

Aug 3, 2016
Have you tried loading the map without busses?
That is a great idea, thanks, usually forum posts get me nowhere. I will try this tomorrow, it is a very likely cause of the issue because I have so many busses installed. Maybe it's the bus itself being too memory heavy? I mean I haven't tested for this issue with any lightweight buses such as the SD202. I've always used Citaros, the buses here and the nice V3D buses

sjain

Aug 3, 2016
Update:

I really should have posted the log, I forgot to on my three other posts on other forums. I have now attached it. Pastebin mirror =
appears there is something wrong with the tiles in the log. I never had any issues with these maps, it seems I have corrupted something with my massive mods installed (120GB)

Thing is though, this error never happens immediately. It only happens when I drive for some time in a direction - i.e. when I spawn in, the tile loads fine, but when I spawn in somewhere else then drive to that same tile it doesn't load. Weird.

Second point: I'm seeing lots of missing .wav files in buses that I installed a long time ago, maybe some stuff got corrupted in my copy? Idk man, when I download the file fresh, then check the MD5 and even SHA1 hashes against the ones I have installed they are the same. Weird again!

Edit: an example from the tile log

file = maps\Lemmental\tile_-6_1.map

error = line 6092

where is line 6092 = its at the very bottom of this extract ("0")

also = the file "Sceneryobjects\ADDON_gcW\vorwarnleuchte.sco" is 1KB. is this normal? all the other objects are as well

Object Nr. 315
[object]
Sceneryobjects\ADDON_gcW\vorwarnleuchte.sco

Attachments

Last edited:

sjain

Aug 3, 2016
The *.sco files should only be about 1KB, yes. This only defines the object and points to model file and textures as well as settings properties.
I've always found that warnings can be ignored if it's only things like textures or sounds etc. Anything else I would look into.

Best bet is just to completely delete the map folders which don't work and reinstall them. You won't lose any objects/splines and the actual map files should be fresh.
Thanks, this seems like the right thing right now. Appreciate the detailed help :) very good and relevant advice.

Reactions: Kyle C

iomex

UKDT
Dec 10, 2015
What he is describing is a different fault. I've had it once or twice on DLC maps, but was a long time ago, so can't remember the fix.

I'd guess at faults with AI vehicles.

sjain

Aug 3, 2016
Have you tried loading the map without busses?

What he is describing is a different fault. I've had it once or twice on DLC maps, but was a long time ago, so can't remember the fix.

I'd guess at faults with AI vehicles.
So it didn't get solved.

Hey,

I clean installed the Lemmental Map to the latest version with all patches, to V3.0.9 and the issue still occurs. I checked the file hashes of all my downloads and I just clean installed the map right before loading up this route (455 to 455ZOB with Man Lions Coach)

I also tried with "load all tiles on map start" unchecked.

----

Screenshot of issue =

----

Video of issue (started capturing as soon as i saw it) =

----

Pastebin mirror of log =

----

There is a lot of missing stuff in the log. I checked the map with OMSI map tools and nothing is missing, and I manually checked the files and they are all present. Weird :(

Btw. I was loving that route. :(

edit: thanks for all your help so far!. btw i linked direct imgur and pastebin links but it still auto formatted

Attachments

sjain

Aug 3, 2016
If you have the same on Steam, have you tried unticking the DLC on the game page to uninstall it, then ticking it again to install it?

EDIT: Sorry, just realised it isn't a Steam DLC; dunno why I thought it was :P I'm out of clues then, sorry buddy
Hey, that's absolutely fine. I am going to clean install from Steam now and test the same map and bus. Thanks so much for all your efforts guys, you're seriously the best. And this is a really difficult issue with almost no pointers.

And probably thought it was a steam DLC from the quality? But the same can't be said for Gladbeck :P thx for replying so fast :)

Reactions: Kyle C

sjain

Aug 3, 2016
Glad you got it working!
Cheers for the map recommendation; will have to try that at some point! :) P.S Did it fix it on all the other maps too?
You know it was late and I actually forgot to test other maps, though I swore to myself I would as soon as the issue was fixed. I'll try this quickly, eager to find out. Spitterburg first :) thanks for still replying. You're a nice person to talk to