Map making (1 Viewer)

Solution
I have a question regarding objects. Can I use pre-made objects and credit authors upon release of the map? I know BTV objects can but other packs contain objects I need. I was wondering if it would be allowed with it being my first map?
Either the readmes or the download page tend to show distribution rules and how you can use them. Most packs allow them to be used with credit. You would most likely need to send a link to the dependency page when you put the map up for download instead of including the objects in the download. If you're ever unsure, check the readme or consult the author.

BigOmsiFan

The Real Guy, The Best Guy, Known as ButteredToast
Mar 19, 2016
Blackpool
Theres a lot to choose from in our download centre, btv has a decent pack with a good verity British Scenery Pack
A good start for scenery. Hog has a good pack for road markings and signs Road-hog123's British Road Detailing Pack 1. Flora is a good pack of trees/flowers/grass etc... [UKDT] Flora. Most maps available will have some sort of scenery to use, but it would be up to you, there isnt a big pack with everything in it im afraid, although you will find what you need. There is also an option for creating your own if that's something you are able to do or willing to learn.

Your best option is to mess about in the editor for a bit, maybe create a small test map to get yourself used to the editor and map building.

Advertisement

iomex

UKDT
Dec 10, 2015
With splines, it's best to make your own - its a relatively straightforward process which I've detailed here: Dev Tutorial - Making Splines

With objects, as above. I'd say to explore what assets are available, see what you like then try to keep the total number of collections you're drawing from to a minimum (i.e. a few bigger packs rather than lots of little ones), this helps keep your dependency list as small as possible. There is an automated tool to convert Sketchup Warehouse models into OMSI-ready objects, but this process is a bit more involved: Beta - Sceneryobject Conversion Utility

Reactions: Alex Davies

Advertisement

FirstEnviro

Developer of the Studio Polygon [Redacted]
Studio Polygon
Nov 1, 2016
United Kingdom
I have a question regarding objects. Can I use pre-made objects and credit authors upon release of the map? I know BTV objects can but other packs contain objects I need. I was wondering if it would be allowed with it being my first map?
Either the readmes or the download page tend to show distribution rules and how you can use them. Most packs allow them to be used with credit. You would most likely need to send a link to the dependency page when you put the map up for download instead of including the objects in the download. If you're ever unsure, check the readme or consult the author.

Solution
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread