Map Making (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 1, 2016
Hey everyone,

Should I build map?? I have an old project lying around (Semi-fictional Swindon) and I would like to finish it off but I afraid that I won't be able to finish it to the high standards of map makers on this forum!

• I don't know how to make custom splines or objects and it is necessary to know how to make a map?

• What is optimizing and how do you do it?

• Should I focus to finish one route? 

Any tips and tricks would be helpful!!

Here are some screenshots! (Sorry these are low definition as these are quite old :D )

View attachment 2565

View attachment 2566

Last edited by a moderator:

domzee2003

Banned Member
Apr 1, 2016
Hi @Whiskey.Stuffs,

I certainly think you should finish off your semi completed map for the following reasons:

1. This is only the start of your map development skill building, you can always improve after it is completed.

2. Create the map to your best ability and people like @RhysGeoffrey and @iomex will be happy to help.

3. This map has serious potential.

4. Its a No-Brainer

View attachment 2328

Reactions: Rhys

Advertisement

Lukeyboi

Lukeyboi's OMSI Workshop
Apr 5, 2016
Pronouns
He/Him
Your map doesn't look too bad actually.

Here's some things you should do to keep it at good quality though:

Stay away from Freemans Objects. They are low quality piss-poor objects.

Some hills/tight roads should be good. Always proves for an interesting and challenging drive every time.

A backdrop would be a good thing to use too.

Apr 1, 2016
Your map doesn't look too bad actually.

Here's some things you should do to keep it at good quality though:

Stay away from Freemans Objects. They are low quality piss-poor objects.

Some hills/tight roads should be good. Always proves for an interesting and challenging drive every time.

A backdrop would be a good thing to use too.

Hi @Whiskey.Stuffs,

I certainly think you should finish off your semi completed map for the following reasons:

1. This is only the start of your map development skill building, you can always improve after it is completed.

2. Create the map to your best ability and people like @RhysGeoffrey and @iomex will be happy to help.

3. This map has serious potential.

4. Its a No-Brainer

View attachment 2328

I might release the map as it is and you guys could tell me what to improve or change? As I would love your guys opinions! 

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Lukeyboi

South England Design Team

INACTIVE
Banned Member
Apr 28, 2016
I might release the map as it is and you guys could tell me what to improve or change? As I would love your guys opinions! 

The only thing I would say (apart from the obvious development needed!) is that, the selection of objects available now, compared to when you originally made it, is far larger. Therefore, it should be so much easier now. The thing I would say is that you might want to rebuild existing parts of the map using newer objects and splines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread