Map Making Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

archiec123

Jun 13, 2016
hi there,

I have started on building my first ever map, however I feel the quality is awful, e.g. splines don't match junction colour shades, flickering pavements. so if anyone could please give me some tips or advice or pointers as to how to make the map look a little more better than its current state, then that would be greatly appreciated. Also, i am open to some constructive criticism as well, after all it will help me to learn. please note that I only started this yesterday so there is not a lot in it. i might have included too many but anyway, here are some screenshots:

View attachment 3805

View attachment 3806

View attachment 3807

View attachment 3808

View attachment 3809

View attachment 3810

View attachment 3811

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
Administrator
UKDT
Dec 10, 2015
Here's what I'd suggest: open Cotterell in the Editor and pull bits apart to see how it's been done. If you don't save then any changes you make won't affect the map. The textures in your map don't match up because they're different. In Cotterell we changed the textures of the splines we used. You're using a combination of Cotterell and BotW splines, so one or the other needs to have its textures changed to make them match. :)

iomex

UKDT
Dec 10, 2015
And with flickering textures, just change the height of either spline by 1cm. Flickering happens when 2 textures are trying to be displayed in the same place

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
Staff Team Leader
Forum Moderator
UKDT
Premium Subscriber
Dec 10, 2015
Good on you for critiqueing your own work, that's the way to make higher quality stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.