Map Help (1 Viewer)

Apr 2, 2016
Cornwall
Pronouns
He/Him
Hi all,

I was thinking about making a map (well for years now). I had many atempes at it but never worked. Is there anyone on here who is willing to help me on a left path map?

I mainly need help is:

Finding/creating objects and splines

Traffic Lights

Creating New Buses

Please let me know if you can help,

Regards,

Will

P.s: Sorry if I posted this in the wrong topic.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gh0st28

Mar 29, 2016
Hi all,

I was thinking about making a map (well for years now). I had many atempes at it but never worked. Is there anyone on here who is willing to help me on a left path map?

I mainly need help is:

Traffic Lights

Creating New Buses

Regards,

Will

To create splines you need to click on the spline tabs/ object and go either load or load directory and select a spline/object you want to use. It will then appear in the blank box above. Click on that spline/ object and press the key "N" 

Creating new buses require blender which is extremely tricky so you would have to learn.

Traffic lights need to be attached to a junction cube. There are some traffic light manuals around but i am sure someone can post the link.

Key Commands

- "R"- Rotate an object or spline

-"G" - Grab and move a spline or object

-"N" - Create a new object

Watch some tutorials and look for manuals or just ask someone to link you to them 

Hope this helps :)

-TheMapper

Reactions: WTR33450

Advertisement

South England Design Team

INACTIVE
Banned Member
Apr 28, 2016
Hi all,

I mainly need help is:

Traffic Lights

Creating New Buses

Regards,

Will

For the buses, which ones?

Rob_Devs

All time legend/Salisbury Reds Driver
Jan 29, 2016
Salisbury, Wiltshre
To create splines you need to click on the spline tabs/ object and go either load or load directory and select a spline/object you want to use. It will then appear in the blank box above. Click on that spline/ object and press the key "N" 

Creating new buses require blender which is extremely tricky so you would have to learn.

Traffic lights need to be attached to a junction cube. There are some traffic light manuals around but i am sure someone can post the link.

Key Commands

- "R"- Rotate an object or spline

-"G" - Grab and move a spline or object

-"N" - Create a new object

Watch some tutorials and look for manuals or just ask someone to link you to them 

Hope this helps :)

-TheMapper

With the key commands, you also forgot z and x which would move and object / spline on the x or y axis

Apr 2, 2016
Cornwall
Pronouns
He/Him
@robertharris1996 I know little things like that, but I meant creating new objects, like roads and junctions. I have tried inserting traffic lights, but it never worked for me. Blender I know nothing about.

@North Devon Team Buses like:

Dennis Trident President, and Trident 2

Transbus Dart SLF Caetano Nimbus

Optare Solo*

Volvo B7RLE*

Scania Wright Solar*

Dennis ALX 400*

Dennis Dart*

* I know these have already been made, but they need more work on them before  I want to use them.

Rob_Devs

Jan 29, 2016
Salisbury, Wiltshre
@robertharris1996 I know little things like that, but I meant creating new objects, like roads and junctions. I have tried inserting traffic lights, but it never worked for me. Blender I know nothing about.

Optare Solo*

Volvo B7RLE*

Scania Wright Solar*

Dennis ALX 400*

Dennis Dart*

* I know these have already been made, but they need more work on them before  I want to use them.

3 of the star buses you listed are illegal, because of copyright infringement. The guy who made them, never obtained permission to model them, so im afraid you will have to wait till newer versions are released, lowlander21 is working on an alx400 trident 2 which is a still a while from being completed. Road-hog123 is making a dart but not sure how far away it is from completion. The volvo b7rle is made actually a b7l and is made by ad156, but you need to obtain his permisson first before you start modifying his vehicle.

INACTIVE
Banned Member
Apr 28, 2016

Optare Solo*

Volvo B7RLE*

Scania Wright Solar*

Dennis ALX 400*

Dennis Dart*

I am in the process of learning Blender to make (to start with) a President, I have plans for a Dennis Dart, Scania Omnidekka and Scania Enviro 400, but seeing as I have only just learnt the Blender basics, I don't want to say too many as I may not do very well, but I do have a list of buses I personally want to do and I can see a couple that are on there, I wont mention what ones as someone else will probably make on before me. In short, consider the President (Trident 2) off you're list!

Advertisement

INACTIVE
Banned Member
Apr 28, 2016
@robertharris1996 I know leagal right would come into this, which would be a problem. Might just be a mater of using different buses that are already been made.

@North Devon Team That would be nice to have a president, but its understandable if you are unable to. I which I had the time and the knowlegde to use something like blender.

We are making a president and it has already started in Blender, it will be only usuable on our map at first but we do have plans to release a President pack very soon after which would include quite a few different variant's. Is there anything specific you arelooking for? (Rollbands, LED lights etc?)

Lukeyboi

Lukeyboi's OMSI Workshop
Apr 5, 2016
Pronouns
He/Him
We are making a president and it has already started in Blender, it will be only usuable on our map at first but we do have plans to release a President pack very soon after which would include quite a few different variant's. Is there anything specific you arelooking for? (Rollbands, LED lights etc?)

Brighton and Hove/Plymouth Citybus spec might be a good one to release. One of those is my schoolbus. 

INACTIVE
Banned Member
Apr 28, 2016
Yeah, and now the PK02--- presidents are with either Herberts Travel or Plymouth Citybus. They're great machines but I'm sick of them as I've had one of them as my schoolbus for 5 months straight and we always used to have a variety on the route.

Ah. We don't have a school bus but the R3 I get home can be a Dennis Dart MPD, ELC Esteem, Enviro200...

Apr 2, 2016
Cornwall
Pronouns
He/Him

We have so many of them down here all through 1999, 2001 and 2002

Dennis Trident SFD332BR1 Plaxton President. 1999:

1tZz7jBhb6eKDf78Ci_AYEJpkpzpJ973.jpeg

Dennis Trident SFD136BR2 Plaxton President. 2001

Might say sheffield, but that now belongs to a depot near me! Moved here in 2015.

Dennis Trident SFD336BR2 Plaxton President. 2001

Might say sheffield, but that now belongs to a depot near me! Moved here in 2015.

Dennis Trident SFD134BR2 Plaxton President. 2002

Dennis Trident SFD136BR2 Plaxton President. 2002

Last edited by a moderator:

Advertisement

Ross

FF Council
Premium Subscriber
Apr 1, 2016
Dundee
You need to load in a traffic light. (Try a Roadhog one). Located in Sceneryobjects\Road-hog123\Addon_British_Style_Road_Signs\Generic\Traffic Lights, then place it somewhere random. Making sure the traffic light is still selected, then press Parent to then click the junction in question. Then press Options... when still selected on the traffic light and edit the indices.

Hope this helps.

You need to load in a traffic light. (Try a Roadhog one). Located in Sceneryobjects\Road-hog123\Addon_British_Style_Road_Signs\Generic\Traffic Lights, then place it somewhere random. Making sure the traffic light is still selected, then press Parent to then click the junction in question. Then press Options... when still selected on the traffic light and edit the indices.

Hope this helps.

thanks, ive done everything but the indicies dont show in options i omly get numbers but no 'main' next to one or any text how do i make them appear?

Rob_Devs

Jan 29, 2016
Salisbury, Wiltshre
thanks, ive done everything but the indicies dont show in options i omly get numbers but no 'main' next to one or any text how do i make them appear?

I will make a tutorial either tomorroway or Tuesday for you to follow because I'm currently at work and need to be able to show you, hard to explain on here

Advertisement

Users who are viewing this thread