Map Creation - Gradients (1 Viewer)

KieronTreacher

The Senate
Jan 20, 2016
Grimsby
I'm currently trying to create a map for OMSI 2, and using the DEM/Aerial system to get the maps onto the editor, I've noticed I haven't seen a terrain change despite following roadhog's DEM tutorial posted the other day. Is there a way for OMSI to recognise the terrain or do I have to do it manually?
Lindum.png

The picture above shows Lindum Hill in Lincoln, should by DEM data recongise the gradient of the hill or am I completely misunderstood on what the DEM actually does?

Gh0st28

Mar 29, 2016
I'm currently trying to create a map for OMSI 2, and using the DEM/Aerial system to get the maps onto the editor, I've noticed I haven't seen a terrain change despite following roadhog's DEM tutorial posted the other day. Is there a way for OMSI to recognise the terrain or do I have to do it manually?
View attachment 6553
The picture above shows Lindum Hill in Lincoln, should by DEM data recongise the gradient of the hill or am I completely misunderstood on what the DEM actually does?
If i am correct you have to put the terrain changes in yourself :)

Advertisement

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
DEM should give you terrain roughly matching that of real life. You should see the terrain jump up from sea level to something above it if it works, even if the bit of ground is quite flat. If nothing happens, I'd check you've got the right files such that the DEM file(s) do actually cover the area you're after. :)

Gh0st28

Mar 29, 2016
DEM should give you terrain roughly matching that of real life. You should see the terrain jump up from sea level to something above it if it works, even if the bit of ground is quite flat. If nothing happens, I'd check you've got the right files such that the DEM file(s) do actually cover the area you're after. :)
Oh ok didn't know that :P

Advertisement

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread