[Map] Aberdeen (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ross

FF Council
Premium Subscriber
Apr 1, 2016
Dundee
Myself and @ABZ BUSES / JORDANADAM44 are in the process of creating an Omsi 2 map for Aberdeen, Scotland. Latest editor screenshots are to be posted here to keep a work in progress thread going, along with the one over on aussiex.

Due to the scale of the city, we will be splitting the routes into 5 or 6 versions over the next few years.

In the first version, one of the largest routes, the 19 from Cutler to Tillydrone will be recreated. 

A custom repaint has also been created for the Gemini 2, to make the feel of this map as realistic as possible. Here is a line up of three of them, along with a Barbie B7L at King Street depot (totally unfinished).

20160324005037_1.thumb.jpg.611b40d410b8c341b9b1aa1e4e45a1da.jpg

If you want to help with repaints, retexturing, making new buildings, static vehicles, you name it, feel free to PM  one of the two of us
imageproxy.php

More WIP to come! Tillydrone is around 30% complete, so I shall be posting some screenshots of that soon.

Myself and Jordan hope you enjoy reading this WIP thread on the UKDT/Fellowsfilm forums, and if you have any comments don't hesitate to post!

Thanks,
Ross & Jordan

Last edited by a moderator:

Advertisement

Rhys

Add-on London Team
Mar 20, 2016
Hey man,

I personally wouldn't focus on the repaints too much as they aren't a necessity for a map. Try focusing more of the map development as that will get people to have a bit more insight to your project :)

Reactions: InterCity24

Advertisement

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
The repaints are very good and all, but as this is a map thread it would be nice to see the progress you're making on that :) It's your thread and you can do what you want worth it, but I suspect you might lose people's interest in it if you don't show map progress, which would be a shame

Advertisement

I know this is a map thread before you start biting my ear off :P  but here is the Gemini now that all the branding on the exterior is done. My orignal plan was for this was to kick start and idea i've had/ been thinking about for a while ( i know it will sound mad but i think one day it could be done), The idea was to create some maps of places in scotland then when lotus comes out join them up and have one big map of scotland (i know that at the moment omsi would not be able to cope with that but if lotus can then you never know what people will create. Anyway am being over ambitious so i will by quiet now :D . News on the map is i have started on a Culter area (not at a stage to show case just yet) and thats pretty much all thats new apart from the rapid development of Tillydrone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Ross

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread