Maps Manly ACT THREE (1 Viewer)

Advertisement

Lets say i want to drive M30, how do i get the right terminus if there's just codes.
There's no explenation which code is what.

The timetable shows the runnumbers (N001, etc) but in the journals I also can't find which run covers which routes.

View attachment 56979

I hope this helps
xMSEpI.jpg

Am I missing something here?
Each individual Shift might include lots of different routes. That's how we fly.
In Line, type the 3 digit reoute number 228
Then select the 4/5 digit route code e.g. 2281

All this information is in the journals

I tired, but is not work either

Maybe a wee read through our latest FAQ might enlighten things...
http://bit.ly/manlyomsifaq

or maybe you could post a wee video

Last edited:
But what if you want to drive a specific line, there's no way to find that route without going thru every single journal.

What you could do is Open all the journals in Adobe Acrobat Full version and merge all the journals.
Then do Ctrl F and type in the route number you want.
It should tell you when it goes.
This is far easier way of doing things asking our overworked timetablerto make wee timetables like in the good ol' days.
q4xkKa.jpg

Reactions: Poobear76

Advertisement

Apr 11, 2016
But what if you want to drive a specific line, there's no way to find that route without going thru every single journal.

A small tip: all destinations in the map are: line number + route number. Example: The destinations for line 247 are 2470, 2471, 2472 etc. That same number is what you enter as destination in the Masterbus/Masterlite displays.

When you select a route to run, you will see the number you have to select in the 'Terminus' field of the timetable selector, as well as in the timetable itself. As most of RHD busses do show the timetable somewhere, i think you shouldn't have trouble finding the timetable sheet in the bus you are driving.

The destinations that have a 0 before the number refers to a metrobus, express or night route. M20/M30 are 020x/030x, N90/91 are 090x/091x, etc.

I hope it helps :)

Ps: Chuck, please just ignore the trolls. They exist in every community as a very annoying minority. I am pretty sure most of the people in this forum does appreciate the quality of your map and the enormous effort you put on it.

While the Eclipse used as AI has fallen far behind in quality compared to the more recent releases, in fact this forum has an improved version of that same bus, i think it is a good choice as AI because it is a very lightweight bus. Manly is a heavy map, so using high quality buses such as the E200MMC (which i think is the best freeware RHD single decker available atm) as AI would make the map run far slower in low end PCs. And when the other timetables get finished, the amount of AI buses will skyrocket, specially with Brookvale depot which has all routes from ACT ONE/TWO (a total of 16) plus several new lines made for ACT THREE. I know what i'm saying - i once replaced the entire AI of Scunthorpe (a pretty big map with a lot of lines) with high quality models like the mentioned E200MMC and the Masterbus and Masterlite, and holy god i suffered big freezes when loading AI at the Ashby bus terminal. The looks of AI traffic is not a priority in a map, so using a more simpler bus to improve framerate is better in maps with lots of lines.

In fact, the Brazilian community, which usually has more people with low end PCs, made in these years a bunch of buses without any interior, made specifically for AI purposes. They are extremely lightweight and can greatly improve framerate in heavy maps. If there were any RHD bus with that option, i think it would be a very good help for people with low end PCs.

Last edited:
Reactions: LT586 and MylesW
Hi,

Thanks for making the map. However, when I entered the map, all it was showing was the sky and no roads or AI vehicles were showing. I checked my maptools and only two objects are missing (fixed vehicles). Is that the reason why my map was not showing?

Thanks!

Probably not the right place to ask, but can anyone help me and maybe tell me why when I put the B7TL and the ADL Enviro 200 MMC into the AI list, the buses appear with the number on the destination board but the other part says "Sorry not in service". I've put the .hof file into the bus folder, but still nothing. Would I need to create a brand new .hof file for the 2 buses?

Many thanks.

Advertisement

A small tip: all destinations in the map are: line number + route number. Example: The destinations for line 247 are 2470, 2471, 2472 etc. That same number is what you enter as destination in the Masterbus/Masterlite displays.

When you select a route to run, you will see the number you have to select in the 'Terminus' field of the timetable selector, as well as in the timetable itself. As most of RHD busses do show the timetable somewhere, i think you shouldn't have trouble finding the timetable sheet in the bus you are driving.

The destinations that have a 0 before the number refers to a metrobus, express or night route. M20/M30 are 020x/030x, N90/91 are 090x/091x, etc.

I hope it helps :)

Ps: Chuck, please just ignore the trolls. They exist in every community as a very annoying minority. I am pretty sure most of the people in this forum does appreciate the quality of your map and the enormous effort you put on it.

While the Eclipse used as AI has fallen far behind in quality compared to the more recent releases, in fact this forum has an improved version of that same bus, i think it is a good choice as AI because it is a very lightweight bus. Manly is a heavy map, so using high quality buses such as the E200MMC (which i think is the best freeware RHD single decker available atm) as AI would make the map run far slower in low end PCs. And when the other timetables get finished, the amount of AI buses will skyrocket, specially with Brookvale depot which has all routes from ACT ONE/TWO (a total of 16) plus several new lines made for ACT THREE. I know what i'm saying - i once replaced the entire AI of Scunthorpe (a pretty big map with a lot of lines) with high quality models like the mentioned E200MMC and the Masterbus and Masterlite, and holy god i suffered big freezes when loading AI at the Ashby bus terminal. The looks of AI traffic is not a priority in a map, so using a more simpler bus to improve framerate is better in maps with lots of lines.

In fact, the Brazilian community, which usually has more people with low end PCs, made in these years a bunch of buses without any interior, made specifically for AI purposes. They are extremely lightweight and can greatly improve framerate in heavy maps. If there were any RHD bus with that option, i think it would be a very good help for people with low end PCs.

As for trolls, they are everywhere. We try not to be offended and the balance over the last week has been very much toward positive and constructive feedback instead of lazy pathetic rudeness. We appreciate that the map isnt perfect but we reject negative feedback based on the shortcomings which exist in the real world i.e. "The lanes are too narrow" "The bus repaints are boring"

Saying that we continue to compile our favourite Frequently Annoying Questions

]
j4iVEI.jpg

Very much appreciated your kind words, mate.
I know you have been driving around Manly since ACTONE and I'm glad you still enjoy the Northern beaches of Sydney.
We have as you've suggested used the eclipse for AI because it works wth as little strain as possible on memory.
A lot of feedback around ACT TWO was that the map was too heavy and that textures needed to be lighter and more economical, now the shoe has changed feet and things are apparently too light.
There are now over 50 routes on the map with Brookvale Depot bursting at the seams.
I do remember ages ago there were some Brazilian buses that even had doors on both sides. ;)

Probably not the right place to ask, but can anyone help me and maybe tell me why when I put the B7TL and the ADL Enviro 200 MMC into the AI list, the buses appear with the number on the destination board but the other part says "Sorry not in service". I've put the .hof file into the bus folder, but still nothing. Would I need to create a brand new .hof file for the 2 buses?

Many thanks.

You are correct, you are better to ask on Facebook. I am travelling an average of 500 kms per day through large areas with no Internet access. Forums chew bandwidth more than the facebook.
As for your question, We do not know these buses. Understnading why they might throw up these errors would require us to have a good test of them which would require time we are spending expanding the map.

Hi,

Thanks for making the map. However, when I entered the map, all it was showing was the sky and no roads or AI vehicles were showing. I checked my maptools and only two objects are missing (fixed vehicles). Is that the reason why my map was not showing?

Thanks!
What do you mean by Fixed Vehicles?
Have you checked that you have all the splines.
If you are not getting any tiles then you may need to make sure you reinstall the map and/or at least try and load the map without buses.

What do you mean by Fixed Vehicles?
Have you checked that you have all the splines.
If you are not getting any tiles then you may need to make sure you reinstall the map and/or at least try and load the map without buses.

Fixed vehicles mean static vehicles.

I checked and I did not have any splines missing.

I have reinstall the map already and for have tried to start by loading the map without buses but without success.

Thanks

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Fixed vehicles mean static vehicles.

I checked and I did not have any splines missing.

I have reinstall the map already and for have tried to start by loading the map without buses but without success.

Thanks

Could you post the results of Maptools here? If you are missing a static vehicle, as with any other object that will cause the map to fail to load

Apr 11, 2016
As for your question, We do not know these buses. Understnading why they might throw up these errors would require us to have a good test of them which would require time we are spending expanding the map.

I think it is because the ailist is configured to use a hof called "Manly_ACT THREE" but the hof provided with the download is "Manly_ACT-THREE-North-Sydney-Eclipse". Then the AI buses are searching for a non existent hof file, so they will only select 'Not in Service'. This only affects AI buses, player vehicles do work fine, unless you select the wrong hof, like for example picking the Brookvale hof instead of North Sydney.

1578672297178.png

1578672326377.png

Ps: Do you know if there are any working links for the ACT TWO map (only the map folder)? I wanted to try if i could make some of the ACT TWO routes driveable by copying their timetables, but all links seem to be dead.

Reactions: LT586

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
The ailist is configured to use a hof called "Manly_ACT THREE" but the hof provided with the download is "Manly_ACT-THREE-North-Sydney-Eclipse"
The name listed in the AI-list is the name defined inside the HOF file, not the name of the file itself.

Advertisement

This thread is more than 5 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread