Maps Manly ACT THREE (2 Viewers)

Oct 30, 2016
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Pronouns
He/Him
Really like the map so far, however what I am assuming to be memory-related issues on my end saw this to happen after 10 minutes, just after getting to Spit Jn. As you can see, some vehicles go completely black and others white.
20200107201203_1.jpg

Afterwards, I attempted to spawn another bus on a different part of the map, and this happened.
20200107202908_1.jpg

Does anyone know what may be causing these issues?

Reactions: LT586
Really like the map so far, however what I am assuming to be memory-related issues on my end saw this to happen after 10 minutes, just after getting to Spit Jn. As you can see, some vehicles go completely black and others white.
View attachment 56951

Afterwards, I attempted to spawn another bus on a different part of the map, and this happened.
View attachment 56952
Does anyone know what may be causing these issues?
That is a memory issue in my experience because OMSI 2 is only a 32bit program. Have you used the 4GB patch? which tends to reduce this problem

Advertisement

This sort of critique annoys me.
It makes a whole heap of assumptions about something that the author doesn't know or doesn't care about.
Critiques like this make me feel like pulling the pin on the map, taking down the download and getting outside more.
Some talk about the vibe on this forum being crushingly negative. I can't believe that I have bothered to respond to thia after having driving over 600kms today in 40+ degree heat.

the map seems good, but there are a few things to maybe look at?
  • the lanes are very thin for buses - As in real life :)
  • you cant use the controller to set the destination on most routes - What controller? Which bus are you using?
  • i have seen quite a few broken ai paths - Did you read the FAQ? I spent 7 hours fixing that stuff yesterday under the assumption that folk like you might just be happy to have the map .
  • i have also seen quite a few splines that dont line up and even some floating road markings (All road marking float to some extent, thats how you see them. If you have a better strategy for building a 8 lane intersection on a hill with traffic lights on a gradient, I've love to know about it.)
  • terrain seems inaccurate - All heights of roadways are accurate to real life or within a 3 metre tolerance in ACT ONE areas (FReshwater, Curl Curl, North Manly). All textures have been custom created from scratch. BTW, I'd love to hear about your last holiday in Manly, where you went and which buses you travelled on.
  • awful buses used - seriously, please just create a fictional repaint for the masterlite or something than using that god-awful eclipse - I didn't know about the masterlite until yesterday-thanks Eamonn (I've been off having a full time job, two kids and building a 900 tile map from scratch). One thing I do know is that the masterlite is payware so not everyone has it and would therefore create a barrier for entry for many users. If you like, build a better bus. I'm only using what I know to be available, I'm happy to have suggestions.
  • repaints arent complete and dont seem to be baked - citaro bendy - make better ones if you like. I can supply photos.
  • the whole system with the timetable and choosing the route is confusing - as in real life mate, created by and used by real local bus drivers. Can you appreciate that things might be done differnetly in different places. Did you even read the readme? I'm not sure where you are from or how buses work in your local area, but our drivers get a bit bored driving the same route back and forth all day. We have major nodes like Manly, Wynyard, North Sydney, Spit Junction, Warringah Mall, Dee Why, Narrabeen and Mona Vale so you can drive one route to the terminus and then drive another route somewhere else.
apart from that, i like the idea of this map (Me too mate, that why we've spent over 7 years building it), and there are certain things like the signage, and just the attention to detail that is very nice (very nice, really?). i just (I just wish I didnt waste 6 hours + a day for years on a map which has been a waste of your precious time) wish that maybe you released only maybe the M20 and M30 (ironically neither bus route is completed to the other end - Sydenham anyone. Both routes use major corridors like PAcific Highway and Military road which are used by over 20 other routes) but make it to a really nice standard (What do you define as really nice standard? - the vaguest and most frustrating statement that this type of critique uses). i also love the voice pack (Great, although I wouldn't suggest meeting any of the contributors in a dark alley in any city of your choice after you have savagely slagged off a massive part of their recent lives).

To finish my critique of this critique, this is not the tone that gets you your way with this map. Too many people have worked too hard on this to put up with such a level of unbridled hatred. If you are thinking to yourselves reading this that nothing here is hatred, then you need to reassess where your life is going and how you make friends and influence people. I hope you are all happy living a great life with your famliies and not some juvenile troll who is awkawrd at discos.

I put this thread.forum on notice. Whilst we are happy to take feedback, we wil not tolerate what we perceive as non-constructive, vague or misguided feedback or hatred based on the author's ignorance of local Australian conditions. If it continues, we will take our map elsewhere.

LeylandNationalStagecoach

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
@Chuckinho I've seen Act 3 of this map in development a few times on your Facebook page every now and then... from the screenshots, it always looked like a great map. I never had any of the older Manly maps, mainly because I was only able to play OMSI 2 since like a year ago now, and I thought that if Act 3 is in development, there's not that much point in downloading and installing Act 2 and/or 1, if Act 3 is just going to come out.
And now, it's actually released!

Being a map developer myself, I understand how much time and effort goes into doing just a single junction. When you see the junction, it seems "simple enough to do", but actually doing a junction is far harder than most people think. As I said, I very much appreciate map creators like you who devote so much time (7 YEARS!!) to an OMSI 2 map. Also, 50-odd routes is a feat and a half. Well done in actually doing this map and not giving up like most other people would probably have done. I haven't seen anyone else who ever made a route this big, anyway.

I have to say that the map looks really promising and I can't wait to give it a spin for the first time! :D

@Chuckinho I've seen Act 3 of this map in development a few times on your Facebook page every now and then... from the screenshots, it always looked like a great map. I never had any of the older Manly maps, mainly because I was only able to play OMSI 2 since like a year ago now, and I thought that if Act 3 is in development, there's not that much point in downloading and installing Act 2 and/or 1, if Act 3 is just going to come out.
And now, it's actually released!

Being a map developer myself, I understand how much time and effort goes into doing just a single junction. When you see the junction, it seems "simple enough to do", but actually doing a junction is far harder than most people think. As I said, I very much appreciate map creators like you who devote so much time (7 YEARS!!) to an OMSI 2 map. Also, 50-odd routes is a feat and a half. Well done in actually doing this map and not giving up like most other people would probably have done. I haven't seen anyone else who ever made a route this big, anyway.

I have to say that the map looks really promising and I can't wait to give it a spin for the first time! :D

Thanks mate. We really do appreciate your kind words. Map making for us is not just about throwing some Spandau objects down and thinking up a name.

One of our intersections consists of 11 taffic light phases which took forever to work out.

iomex

UKDT
Dec 10, 2015
I think some people are failing to take into consideration the size of the map. You just can't expect a map of this size to look and feel as something like Hamburg. I know from experience what map editing is like, and that if you want something of this scale, some things have to be tolerated.

For example,
  • It is a high performance map due to the amount of tiles and bus lines - it's not going to be for everybody. Not every PC will run it.
  • Buses take just as long as maps to develop, you can't just squeeze them out to include in a map.
  • It sometimes takes several attempts to get AI pathing spot on, just on one junction. For example, I made a SPUI, it took 12 attempts to get the AI to work properly on it... and that's just ONE junction.
The questions for me are:
  • Does it look, feel and 'smell' like the real thing? Yes, I've driven those roads IRL (albeit a long time ago), and it does have that in buckets.
  • Do you have to make compromises or suspend immersion to complete a route? No, you don't. They function fine.
Although things like misaligned splines and textures are noteworthy, they should not really form part of an overall perspective of the map. Also consider the amount of effort that has gone into photographing basically half the buildings in Sydney and the suburbs...

Advertisement

LazyGuy222

Resident First Leicester Enthusiast
May 7, 2016
Leicester
I think the map is set around 2017 so I assume any dates after that will cause issues. Just a thought.
Aah, that'd make sense. Thank you

I think the map is set around 2017 so I assume any dates after that will cause issues. Just a thought.
I went back to 2016, and it still had those same schedules

Advertisement

I have some issues with O405 included in the map. The bus is non-operatable. It cannot stop. Lights are not on. How to solve it?

First thing I'd do is put the handbrake on ;)

Aah, that'd make sense. Thank you

I went back to 2016, and it still had those same schedules

If you go forward in time on the map to say 2021, maybe the Brookvale routes will have been done - I'm joking.
Patience shall be rewarded.

View attachment 56964
Anyone know why only North Sydney Sat/Sun/Hol is loading, and no other schedules? I've had a look at the TTData and its in there.

Hotfix#1 should fix this
http://bit.ly/manlyacthree_hotfix1

BTW, you look to be at the wrong depot ;)

Advertisement

This thread is more than 5 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread