MAN Euro6 Project

Max

TruckSim.Org Ops Manager
Administrator
Jan 12, 2014
Favourite Truck
Volvo
Over the last few weeks I've been working really hard to learn a few new things with modding, and I decided that last night I was going to start a bit of a project, properly converting the MAN euro 6 :)

I know there's a load of them that have been done before, but I wanted to do it myself, and do it properly! The pictures below shows how it is currently, I've done the AO texture on the cab (basically just a pre-game shadow so that when the truck is in a shadowed area on the map it doesn't look completely smooth) and converted over the chassis that it comes with, although I will be removing most of it, and reworking the SCS ones, to give a 4x2, 6x2, 6x4 and 6x2 tag option. The cab will also be fully templated and skinnable. All going well, and assuming SCS doesn't surprise us all and release their own before I finish, the truck will probably be released when finished ;)

The truck is still very much a WIP at the moment

In zmod3 :)
View attachment 274

In game:

Adi

Jan 10, 2014
Looks a lot better than the default once in-game, Great work Max.
I am really not that much of a MAN fan but looking forward to trying it.

Reactions: Max

scanialoverr

Apr 1, 2014
@Adi im with you on this one. I dont really like MAN trucks but I will give it a try. @Max I hope that the blinker sound will be faster because on the SCS Man its to slow and I dont like it.

Max

TruckSim.Org Ops Manager
Administrator
Jan 12, 2014
Favourite Truck
Volvo
Those pictures look great :) Let's see if you can finish it.
I think you can.
If it doesn't get finished I'll give up modding I think! In theory it shouldn't be difficult to do at all, have been practicing :P

Driver097

Jun 8, 2014
Favourite Truck
Scania
Let's see how it goes but... Giving up modding is not such a good idea. Just saying though :watchingyou2:

Reactions: Max

Yozza

Mar 1, 2014
Favourite Truck
Volvo
I'm not normally a Man person, but I've been using one recently on my Swift Profile and its beginning to grow on me. Can not ait till this is released.

Reactions: Driver097 and Max

Max

TruckSim.Org Ops Manager
Administrator
Jan 12, 2014
Favourite Truck
Volvo
Now has all 3 default SCS chassis (this is the 4x2 shown below) and can be painted, need to remap the UV2 channel so that it can be given a livery rather than a solid colour next :)

Looks a lot better with the graphics settings turned up a little, but I couldn't be bothered for this picture!

View attachment 276

Max

TruckSim.Org Ops Manager
Administrator
Jan 12, 2014
Favourite Truck
Volvo
This picture is pretty much the same, but did some work on the little detailed bits! More AO'ing of parts to come tomorrow hopefully :)

View attachment 282