LOTUS Discussion (1 Viewer)

Advertisement

iomex

UKDT
Dec 10, 2015
Again, depends on the community. The game engine can only do so much - the graphics also depend on what you put into the game (in the way of assets).This requires good content authors to be motivated to spend the time to make content for LOTUS. They will only be motivated to do so if there is the demand for it.

Reactions: TheFireLauncher4

LeylandNationalStagecoach

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
I hope they make it my default you can make UK maps

Personally I dont think that everything said for release will be implemented . At the moment im not exited. With all of the data loss im getting on Windows im gonna switch to mac and I hope if it gets released it will be compatible.
Well, if you still want to play OMSI 2 you can't switch to macOS, as you can only play OMSI 2 on Windows. :(
I've tried loads of times with Porting Kit (Wine) and to no avail. But if you don't want to play OMSI 2 anymore, then macOS's great! :)
Hope this helped!

Reactions: Stagecoachdriver

LT586

Was Living in the editor
Oct 25, 2016
North
I hope for more input from the developers for addon content than solely relying on the community, as with OMSI they pretty much left us to it and I wont say anymore than that but its given too many people status over others.

With DTG and SCS they still actively take part in their own franchise, the former gets more punches than the latter but at least with developer input you feel like there's still a go to for anything that may bug out or what not.

Advertisement

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
Ignoring the cries for Lua scripting and instead deciding Pascal was better didn't bode too well for community interaction... but the changelog entries have quite a few mentions of community members, so they are at least listing to some suggestions and bug reports...

LT586

Was Living in the editor
Oct 25, 2016
North
I look forward to what's due for this simulator, seems things have gone a bit funny with the Simulator genre, hope that the iff buts and maybes relax themselves a bit as we still have OMSI that no one has bettered yet. TS2019 etc

LT586

Was Living in the editor
Oct 25, 2016
North
What I still can't wrap my head around is people buying and playing a game which isn't finished. From the looks of threads on the forums, there's a lot wrong with it at present. Same Modul error bugs as OMSI 2, same Memory address issues. I mean really? I've not had any of these errors playing TSW or Fernbus. UE4 may not be OMSI quality in terms of physics (yet to fully see, Simugraph not counted, small things in Fernbus such as cars going over humps properly) modding (yet to be fully seen) but it works without these old school bugs such as Memory issues?

The editor for TSW coming can run the game within the editor to test the creations - I'm not knocking LOTUS but i've personally had my fill of these Access Violation errors from old game engines.

It does look promising but promisingly bad at the minute. (Don't slate me, just my opinion)

Reactions: Cauterize1750

LeylandNationalStagecoach

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
New trailer video

It is cool and all, but it's basically just a blue reskin of the already existing yellow tram, tbh.
Although the shaders and lighting of LOTUS looks much more realistic, right now I find OMSI 2 much prettier.
Right now, LOTUS just looks... bland. Lifeless.
But that's just my opinion! :)

Advertisement

JDCustard

Founder of JDDEV
Aug 4, 2016
Here is a building I made with normal and ambient occlusion map, look at the way it interacts with light.

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.jpg
    Screenshot_1.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 93
  • Screenshot_2.jpg
    Screenshot_2.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 92
Reactions: AdventureRock123

Advertisement

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread