LOTUS Discussion (1 Viewer)

Advertisement

BlueOrange

Founder of Masterswitch Studios
Masterswitch Studios
Mar 22, 2016
masterswitch-studios.com
At $61 for the base game and "Modules" coming in at $70, they are not getting a cent of my money any time soon. I'm sick of developers of games I already own who charge more than the base game for DLC. I'll be sticking with OMSI 2 for the foreseeable future...

I think you misunderstand.

At the moment, LOTUS base game AND Rails of LOTUS Module is £32.
The two other modules, will cost £32 too. The base game will probably be a smaller price, as it doesn't include the modules for different simulations.

Each module is essentially an entirely new simulation system. Do people really expect them to make 3 large simulation systems for the price of one?

DLC is a different matter. The main game developers aren't making the DLC, but other content creators, such as myself, are doing so. (note: I am not making a DLC, it is just an example)

Reactions: BigOmsiFan
I think you misunderstand.

At the moment, LOTUS base game AND Rails of LOTUS Module is £32.
The two other modules, will cost £32 too. The base game will probably be a smaller price, as it doesn't include the modules for different simulations.

Each module is essentially an entirely new simulation system. Do people really expect them to make 3 large simulation systems for the price of one?

DLC is a different matter. The main game developers aren't making the DLC, but other content creators, such as myself, are doing so. (note: I am not making a DLC, it is just an example)

Now it's quite a lot clearer what's going on @BlueOrange , thanks for that. It'll still most likely be a game i'll only purchase on sale and i'll probably wait until the amount of mods available have grown :)

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
Does anyone know if you can change the point on the tram line so you can go into the depot etc etc?
Yes, you can. The G key will change the next facing point ahead of the vehicle, Shift+G will change the next facing point to the rear of the vehicle. Both key strokes ignore trailing points, as points in LOTUS don't seem to care about being traversed backwards when set to the other route...

LT586

Was Living in the editor
Oct 25, 2016
North
I do like the look of the editor and that there are clear tutorials and documentation this time, officially. Under Lexicon on the LOTUS forum.

I am not a huge fan of Trams so will wait patiently for the buses, but I am definitely keeping an eye on this and many others

Reactions: Carlos37

Advertisement

LondonBuses

Map Developer
Jul 24, 2017
United Kingdom
Im really excited to see how this develops as means can have trains thats better quality then Openbve.... can have buses with less lag and better and more AI vechicles and proper LHD support and planes. So can make like blackpool tram , manchester tram , croydon tram , Probably make even the DLR , This brings so much more then Omsi and will be interesting to see if Rhys switchs to it after the London addon and Lotus release the buses modul of the game , Performance will be quite alot better and graphically it will have improvments such as lighting and since better performance will allow such things like bigger maps , more scenery density , better quality textures. Now imagion Rhys map and bus making skills and a few other developers now working with the new Lotus. Im very very excited and the future looks very bright.

LT586

Was Living in the editor
Oct 25, 2016
North
I was also meant to add, the fact you can see your objects before you load them in makes things that more fun, also laying streets and splines look to be more precise than spending ages trying to line up a crossing with a spline

Advertisement

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
For the time being it lies under the Buses section, but it might not remain here... Trams don't really fit into any of the existing sections, and the 3 modules (Rails, Streets and Wings) mean LOTUS covers all of our sections, so perhaps we need to reorganise the forum?

JDCustard

Founder of JDDEV
Aug 4, 2016
I am rather excited for LOTUS, glimpse of how the buses will look:)
Screenshot_41.jpg
Screenshot_42.jpg

Advertisement

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread