LOTUS Discussion (2 Viewers)

Advertisement

LT586

Was Living in the editor
Oct 25, 2016
North
Yes they want it to do a lot. Disabling any antivirus programs for now while using real weather with OMSI will enable it not to crash out. The GPU is only used for the final render unlike Fernbus. Tbh, we'll wait and see how it pans out and when its out i'll wait for the numerous youtube videos on reviews, gameplay. As I did with Fernbus now am hooked on it.

LT586

Was Living in the editor
Oct 25, 2016
North
Wish i didnt double post but I like the ability to finally see whats in your scenario object folder before its loaded up and with vehicle programming, it seems like you can see what your doing in game before loading up the main simulator. Makes sense, with UE4 this is already possible; an editor you can see what you have as content etc.

Features des LOTUS-Simulators - LOTUS-Simulator

Definitely keeping my eye on it all.

Advertisement

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
Too busy with anagram(?) puzzles, Oriolus Software GmbH still haven't managed to announce the release date for the early-access version of LOTUS...

... or indeed the fact that it is already available:

I wouldn't get too excited however, features listed as planned but not yet implemented include:
  • AI of any kind
  • Schedules
  • Weather/Seasons
  • Ability to have Bridges or Tunnels
  • 64-bit Engine
Also, LOTUS is an acronym for Leitstelle ("Control Centre") Omnibus Tram U-Bahn ("Underground Train"), S-Bahn ("Suburban Train"). For your £33 you get just the I, because they haven't completed the trams yet, let alone any of their other dreams.

Reactions: OmniWink

Street cleaner
Forum Moderator
FF Council
UKDT
Premium Subscriber
Oct 24, 2016
LOTUS has been released on Steam early access, it's tram only and £33/$50. I haven't purchased myself because the feedback from others is very disappointing, even by the standards of early access it's a very pared down stable alpha with severely limited functionality and content. Right now, LOTUS is basically a prettier OMSI with 75% of the features missing, think of it as a cake that's had three quarters removed but the remaining bit sprinkled with glitter!

It's also become clear that LOTUS is going to be made up of of individually chargeable modules for different functionality, so when/if the bus, train and aircraft bits are ready they will be charged in addition to the tram bit.

Here's a list of some of the limitations/issues you need to consider before making a purchase decision:
  • Trams only (and only one model), no other vehicle types
  • Only one very small map (smaller than Neuendorf in OMSI but more detailed)
  • No AI at all! (people, cars, other trams and buses are all missing)
  • No multiplayer yet
  • No weather or seasons
  • Map editor is expected in a few days
  • Traffic signals/lights just added but not yet stable
  • "64 bit engine isn't ready yet" so it's still 32 bit with the associated memory limitations
  • OpenGL, not Vulkan
Basically, you pay $50 for a tram you can only drive on a tiny (albeit prettier) map, all on your own. So you'll be bored within the hour. Just smacks of desperation for money from the developers tbh.

1537029582691.png

I just wanna put it out there. In the early access announcement post on Facebook, the developer has said the early access release includes all listed routes/activities of the base game, and that the 'Module: Rails of LOTUS' is a tack-on. So if you buy now, you're still going to get all the Berlin LOTUS routes (bus, tram, U-Bahn, S-Bahn). Rails of LOTUS is probably one of the third party routes/chunks already in development.

Reactions: KsW22

Advertisement

Feb 14, 2018
Why are people buying the game & then getting refunds? Its called *Early Access* for a reason & there is a long list of things on the steam topic of what is & isnt available just yet. Obviously there will be updates to come in stages & the money paid also helps pay towards the updates as well as other DLC items to come!

Street cleaner
Forum Moderator
FF Council
UKDT
Premium Subscriber
Oct 24, 2016
I think it's far behind where an Early Access title would normally be. It's avery early Alpha (or even just a technical demo) with very little to do after 30 minutes. Only by digging through the notes do you get a flavour for what you're actually getting (or lack of).

If you read far enough you'll see them say it's currently aimed at content developers but I don't see how it can be when there's almost no map assets to use, AI pathing isn't in yet, there's no way to import vehicles and the engine requires a major rework to 64 bit!

Ross

FF Council
Premium Subscriber
Apr 1, 2016
Dundee
Nothing astounding at the moment, lighting looks good but apart from that it doesn't, visually, work wonders. And at £33 (how much will Kevin's addons be? :eek:), it definitely isn't worth the "investment".

The level of completeness in LOTUS at the moment represents what anyone should expect to receive if they ask for beta copies of anything else that's Work in Progress...

I bought this game earlier and I played 8 minutes of it when it was loading the game it kept freezing and crashing then eventually loaded up the game and my FPS was terrible after those 8 minutes I requested a refund and the game kept stuttering also the price is quite over expensive for Early Access I think it should be a bit cheaper just in my opinion

Advertisement

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread