LOTUS Discussion (1 Viewer)

Aug 1, 2016
Wales
I reckon LOTUS we'll be fairly disappointing to be honest, due to the fact it's only 1 guy making the game and he's supposedly going to add support for, and I quote, "...Trains, Planes, Buses, Trams and Metro's...". I think it would be awesome that Marcel would add random events and collision models, but I don't think he will due to a lack of budget and manpower. I definitely believe he should assemble a bigger team, polish the website and becomes less vague on what he's currently working on.

He doesn't seemed to have made large amounts of progress with the game, except possibly the tools that are included (map editor, object importer etc), but the model trams look fairly realistic as always.
I hope we get what they've promised!

LT586

Was Living in the editor
Oct 25, 2016
North
I think he should make up with Rudiger IMHO set an example for the OMSI bickering community; as that's all people do is moan. I believe the reasons for being vague is simply because OMSI caused such unexpected traffic on initial release; that level of success is hard to live up to; hence why TML and Dovetail have (tried) at least to kick up the standards.

So i am hopeful for LOTUS because it's just ace to be able to drive these things on screen!

Advertisement

Aug 1, 2016
Wales
If he truly didn't want to spoil or create hype for LOTUS, he wouldn't create a Facebook page where he actively shows off his work (please note that spoiling less probably creates more hype); what I meant about him being vague was the fact that he hardly comments on what he is working on, and gives vague answers on the Facebook page = creating hype, speculation and prompting the community to discuss the game, creating press.

Reactions: The_Growl

Advertisement

ROBLOX Bus Simulators

Founder of TMT and Project Merseyside
Jun 18, 2017
Liverpool
The upcoming game 'LOTUS' has been confirmed that it will have a multiplayer feature! This will also feature game leaders that can assign duties and vehicles to party members (a group of people) and will also allow you to work in the headquarters and communicate with other people via the radio!

Facebook post:

Feel free to discuss your opinions on it.

Oct 24, 2016
Cymru
Interesting.. this could be good thing as long as the people you want to play with can be controlled or there are ways to isolate those who want to cause problems.

But overall I think its a positive thing - considering the success that ETS MP has - I wonder it Dovetail will ever consider it for TS.

ROBLOX Bus Simulators

Jun 18, 2017
Liverpool
Interesting.. this could be good thing as long as the people you want to play with can be controlled or there are ways to isolate those who want to cause problems.

But overall I think its a positive thing - considering the success that ETS MP has - I wonder it Dovetail will ever consider it for TS.
I believe DTG are thinking about it for TSW.

Oct 24, 2016
Cymru
I believe DTG are thinking about it for TSW.

Ah - I've been holding off TSW personally due to the fact that the routes (although they may be better quality) don't have the length that the current TS ones do (Example the GWML runs from PAD to CDF and even down to PLY unlike the TSW one currently) - so waiting to see what happens there.

Advertisement

ROBLOX Bus Simulators

Jun 18, 2017
Liverpool
This is massive. Imagine having a Fellowsfilm BoTW server with dynamic roadworks, new routes and other faff. It'd be fantastic
I've heard the map editor will be the same, no simpler unfortunately. I suppose once you get the hang of it it's fine, but starting off it's pretty damn hard. Here's a tutorial from one of the testers / developers:

BlueOrange

Founder of Masterswitch Studios
Masterswitch Studios
Mar 22, 2016
masterswitch-studios.com
No, I'm not excited. From the description it looks like Bus Company Simulator for OMSI.

Well, you are kind of correct, but it will be built into the base game, and you will also be able to see the other players as they are driving along. Are you not excited for this part of LOTUS or LOTUS in general?

Advertisement

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread