LOTUS Discussion (1 Viewer)

Oct 30, 2016
Some more developments on the Facebook page today about Lotus attracting addon developers, including this work-in-progress Rheinbahn Düsseldorf Duewag GT8 tramcar:
9d46674c3881e8abbab2e21bc3abc7ce.png

Last month there was also the great news that Rolf's Hamburg V6E tramcars (originally produced for TRS2004) will ride again as they are being re-vamped for Lotus:
upload_2017-2-11_19-21-18.png

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2016
Some more developments on the Facebook page today about Lotus attracting addon developers, including this work-in-progress Rheinbahn Düsseldorf Duewag GT8 tramcar:
View attachment 7450

Last month there was also the great news that Rolf's Hamburg V6E tramcars (originally produced for TRS2004) will ride again as they are being re-vamped for Lotus:
View attachment 7449
I say the models look really great.

Advertisement

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
Some latest news from the LOTUS Facebook page, a special wagon for gritting the roads that the tramway runs on, developed by one of the aforementioned addon developers.

Apparently Oriolus Software GmbH also now have a website, with a section about LOTUS. There's also now a LOTUS Forum too. The LOTUS website remains very much barren.

Reactions: RS1995

BenesTEC

i miss the old stagecoach london livery :(
Aug 19, 2016
:oops: And breathe... (Punctuation, it matters)
To be honest if it takes 3 years, chances are OMSI 3 will have come out or something much better, and then Rhys would have to re-develop it for that instead, so...
Actually I'd be really interested in seeing future games developed. I think there was a new sim being developed, not too sure what it's called. But unfortunately Aerosoft is a little naff, they make money so they're not all that bothered about the quality. Once it's sold, their job is done.
The new sim they are developing is LOTUS simulator (its got trams etc.) Don't know how good its going to be though...

Advertisement

Castlemilk37

98% Organic Human (may contain traces of asbestos)
Jun 29, 2016
1 Muriel Street, Barrhead
You know how the buses in Omsi bounce when it's laggy, would that mean if you're in a plane and it happens it's just turbulence?
Plus the fact LOTUS includes Trains, Planes, Buses, Trams and Metro's...bit hard to compare it to a game which is solely a bus simulator.

Last edited:
May 24, 2016
Lotus is actually looking amazing. The quality looks really good (although I guess that does depend on the author of the vehicle, etc) but in general they are doing a good job of it, they are keeping it clean. I want to know what they have in terms of optimization as that is one of OMSI's biggest downfalls. I wonder if there are features for accidents, crashes and random events such as curtailments and vehicle defects. Again this is something that OMSI lacks heavily so it is definitely a thing that should be considered.

I just hope that the fact it contains multiple forms of public transport, doesn't mean they lack in certain areas. Because OMSI is focused on busses it means that busses have more realistic features and are thought through more because they are the main subject.

Advertisement

Kyle Clemenkucc

The one, the only
Jul 10, 2017
Torbay, Devon
I'm just hoping for an easier to use, more noob friendly map editor and better performance. Maybe also make it easier to populate your maps and add detail so it doesn't take years of constant hard work to make a cracking map (BOTW, for example, has been worked on for years and it's still only one [well, maybe 2] routes).

(and no I don't mean dumb down the editor, just have a gentler learning curve as compared to the sheer cliff that it is currently)

Reactions: Simulation Network

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
Yeah, it has a completely re-written engine, which means it supports a whole lot of graphics features OMSI doesn't. It's written in OpenGL, so it's possible it can run natively on Mac or Linux too. Nothing from OMSI will work directly in LOTUS and there's no tool to convert OMSI content to LOTUS, but obviously all the modelling and such for existing content has been done already, so that saves some work for people developing for LOTUS.

LT586

Was Living in the editor
Oct 25, 2016
North
3D models are just files to be exported to a native format that can be read by the games engine; look at alTerr he put his buses as static objects in train sim for UBahn Frankfurt.

So models for OMSI just would need re-exporting and scripting again. Not sure if many will do that but if LOTUS is easier to understand script wise then maybe!

Advertisement

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread