London to trial out a Tri-Axle

• Unfortunately as part of our ongoing site upgrades we have had to remove our support for linking external Steam accounts. If you are unable to login using Steam, please use the username/email address associated with your account to request a new password to login with here.

ErrIDK

Mar 12, 2018
In Sydney, Australia, we use a few tri-axle buses here and there. In Australia, it is rare to find double-deckers unlike the UK. There are a few here and there though. A company called Hillsbus (Owned by CDC, owners of Metroline) operate between booming North-West Sydney (which isn't served by trains) down the freeway to the city. These routes run some double-deckers (all tri-axles) and some single-deck tri-axle buses to meet the demand.

Another company called Transit Systems NSW (Owned by Transit Systems, owners of Tower Transit) has a few double deckers, which are tri-axles too. They're used on what we call T-Ways. They're like the guided busways, except they're just plain road only used by buses and fully controlled by drivers.

All double-deckers that do exist in Australia (as far as I know) are tri-axles. There have been plenty of issues with buses having the tail swing too. From what I know, London have very tight roads, which would cause a challenge to implement tri-axle buses.

LT586

Oct 25, 2016
Been very rare to catch in service due to teething problems. I live too far from the route 12 but how does it feel riding it?