Maps London prior to September 2016 (broken images) (1 Viewer)

Advertisement

Rhys

Add-on London Team
Mar 20, 2016
Amazing work. I am loving it! There are a few things I would like to point out that could be improved on...

1. The Rollerblinds are unrealistically textured. - It's not that much of a problem, but it does slightly bother me. I have actually remade my own ones if you would like to look at them:

2. The iBus system struggles to perform properly. - I noticed a few issues with it and really struggle to get it working.

3. It would be nice to have a variation of buses - I understand that it can take time to recreate the buses, but I have seen some good attempts at the B9TL, ALX400 and the Dennis Dart. Unfortunatly I haven't seen some of these released. If it is not something that is a focus at the moment, I think it would be great for more modders to get in on this to make some cool buses that we come to see around London Frequently.

Other than that, this project has gone amazing. It is the best attempt at something this big I have ever seen. I am so impressed. Please, keep up the good work!

P.S. I also presume you have the iBus recordings correct... I am expecting a CD soon with all of the recordings on there if you need some.

uVYtn-PcwbUEY_7t5VuYbWv-zo26meMC.png

uVYtn-PcwbUEY_7t5VuYbWv-zo26meMC.png

Hmm, these could work, only concern is that the background texture looks like it was taken from a manual blind (the destination set where you have to crank it manually, as seen in most London buses before 2010, whereas my buses use powerblinds, controlled with a Mobitec Unit. But I'm open to trying them out :D , how about we talk via PM?

Last edited by a moderator:

Gh0st28

Mar 29, 2016
The A23 - Streatham Hill/Streatham High Road, the area is the very first area to have the majority of its road-markings that I textured in blender replaced with ones from Roadhog's pack for more realism.  

Looks great @RhysGeoffrey really liking the detail keep up the good work. Can't wait for release! :)

Reactions: Rhys
Looks very nice, especially now that the front of the E400 is nailed. The rear of the E400 also looks very nice, however I think the sides could do with a bit of tidying up, as the edges of windows look slightly rough in places. Another thing to improve is the fact that the seats over the wheelarches need to have the same textures as the walls and panels of the interior. I have also noticed that the rear seats on the upper deck are different as to those used in the rest of the bus. However the new routemaster is spot on and just these little things will turn a good bus into an amazing bus.  :) Can't wait for release. 

Rhys

Add-on London Team
Mar 20, 2016
Looks very nice, especially now that the front of the E400 is nailed. The rear of the E400 also looks very nice, however I think the sides could do with a bit of tidying up, as the edges of windows look slightly rough in places. Another thing to improve is the fact that the seats over the wheelarches need to have the same textures as the walls and panels of the interior. I have also noticed that the rear seats on the upper deck are different as to those used in the rest of the bus. However the new routemaster is spot on and just these little things will turn a good bus into an amazing bus.  :) Can't wait for release. 

thanks but I haven't done anything to the buses within the past two weeks apart from removing the black lines between panels. But I'm going to rebuild the front sometime and just stick with the old styled bumpers at the front of the bus

Advertisement

Advertisement

I love it! I actually went to Brixton yesterday just to ride the No. 3. Now know my way around crystal palace, Kennington and Brixton thanks to this map! One thing though: Could we see a few more variations of bus shelter, for example the old style one which is still predominant around London. Loving the NB4L, The model is top quality. 

Rhys

Add-on London Team
Mar 20, 2016
Mandela Way Bus Garage

Two bus garages in one, the bigger side being for Go-Ahead London and the smaller side (former East Thames Buses) being used temporarily as a Metroline Garage for route 168, as all of their garages of North London based, which of course the map barely stretches into.

View attachment 2288

View attachment 2289

View attachment 2291

The garage doors are animated too and a repaint for the add-on has been made with a bit of spare time I had last night.

Bricklayers Arms

A major gyratory, with a southbound flyover in Bermondsey, linking Tower Bridge, London Bridge, Elephant & Castle and Old Kent Road.

View attachment 2286

View attachment 2287

Advertisement

Users who are viewing this thread