Maps London prior to September 2016 (broken images) (2 Viewers)

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
/monthly_2016_05/AddOn391.thumb.PNG.c890c6a549519f4d32c361876dc19c31.PNG

Do we drive across the Thames on this bridge? If so, I really don't think 2D static people objects are suitable up that close. You might also want to investigate making the Thames less blue and making some improvements to the textures you're using on the road there - the cycle lane texture visibly repeats and looks a little out of place next to the other textures and the solid white line isn't the same white as the other markings... I'm also noticing the cars on the right seem to be clipping into the ground and the car at the traffic lights in a previous image is heading to crash into the road island. All of these things are minor and quite easy to fix, but I feel they do detract from the map, which for this flagship payware British map I feel should be avoided. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Lukeo and Rhys

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Doesn't run that far in the map, even though the N3 goes by home, I've actually not been on the route past Penge.

Todays Update:

London Eye/South Bank

View attachment 1489

th9VlPyEubf5porIe1yZwOwf3zD35tNV.jpeg

I'm sorry to say that that isn't doing it for me. The side of the bridge is boxy and undetailed, and that building doesn't look like County Hall at all. The road markings are unrealistic, the bus lane is too wide, the cycle path texture is mismatched and the flat peds are weird. For such an important part of the map, I don't really think this is good enough. I'm afraid I'm getting a few concerns about the map and the quality/quantity ratio.

Reactions: Lukeo

Advertisement

Lukeyboi

Lukeyboi's OMSI Workshop
Apr 5, 2016
Pronouns
He/Him
There's a thread on the official forums that's been started about the project, @RhysGeoffrey you might want to take a look at it (I've posted some information on there to try and snuff some rumours).

http://www.omnibussimulator.de/forum/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=38579

They're so PICKY! God and I think some of these bought Gladbeck and they're moaning at THIS? Some people's brains are messed up.

Doesn't run that far in the map, even though the N3 goes by home, I've actually not been on the route past Penge.

Todays Update:

London Eye/South Bank

Looks good! The basics are there but some of the model needs improvement, and the road markings are odd. I still believe in you however. I know you can do it! :)

Oh and something I've been trying to keep bottled for a while but now since we're on that bit I'd like to ask something...

Can I please see how the skyscrapers (Walkie Talkie, Shard, Leadenhall, etc) look in the Addon from the bridge. I'm sorry for asking but I've really wanted to see it for ages

Lets hope its not another Gladbeck

That's honestly an insult. There is a 100% possibility this is NOT another Gladbeck. 

To be honest, I'm actually sick and tired of reading through many people slandering my work and my work ethic, I have work so many hours on this, and for the past week all I read is criticsm. A lot of it seems very two faced to me. I can take constructive feedback, but I don't understand the need for total disrespect!

I know how you feel man. Occasionally people do that to me at school. If this helps reassure you, I believe in you. Those official forums people are just plain (beeps). I was even taken aback at how nasty they were. They make me sick.

Florence3099

Prepare for trouble! Make it double!
Dec 10, 2015
Goldenrod City
www.flickr.com
Pronouns
She/Her
It's not slander, it's constructive criticism. We all want the map to be the best it can be, and pointing out things like the use of static 2D peds on one of the roads you drive down so close to the road is valid, as well as buildings that don't really look like the real thing. There are parts of the map that look really good, but other things still need work.

As an aside:

Slander: the action or crime of making a false spoken statement damaging to a person's reputation.

So no, it's not slander. Slander would be saying he's not put any effort into it and it's awful, which none of us are saying and is untrue.

Also can we avoid comments about the Official Forums please, we all have our own opinions on the place, but those don't belong in this thread.

Advertisement

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
We all want the map to do well, it's amazing what you've managed to achieve with it. There are valid quality issues, though - it's always well worth paying attention to what people are saying (unless, of course what they're saying is "CAN I HAEV BETA OF MAP PLZ THANX"...). Constructive feedback is one of the best things an OMSI map maker can have, you'll never get any where in an echo chamber of "Looks great".

I agree with whistle, there are so many aspects of the map that are just out of this world like Camberwell and Brixton, and as with anything some that could be improved, especially the major touristy areas which are the areas where most people have been. I have always dreamed of having a map in my home city London, and can't wait for the release in the coming summer.  Just keep going over the next few weeks and we will have a very good product. 

Advertisement

South England Design Team

INACTIVE
Banned Member
Apr 28, 2016
To be honest, I'm actually sick and tired of reading through many people slandering my work and my work ethic, I have work so many hours on this, and for the past week all I read is criticsm. A lot of it seems very two faced to me. I can take constructive feedback, but I don't understand the need for total disrespect!

I live in London, and I can say that that the majority of the map looks spot on. I can visualise myself in most of the places. Westminster Bridge could do with a bit more work, but the rest of it looks perfect, so keep it up!

Just to add to my comment, how many of you live in London? Apologies for those who do, but some of the landmarks dont look how you think they do. Also, went through Camberwell yesterday and it looks amazing!

Reactions: FG49 and njg123

South England Design Team

INACTIVE
Banned Member
Apr 28, 2016
Sorry I live about 40 miles north of it

That's relatively close, but fir those who dont visit London often... For example:

I have seen a few comments on other areas about Bus Lane colours, many in London aren't the red colour you think of. For those criticising his work who dont travel to London often, come here and see just how realistic it actually is.

Reactions: njg123

Lukeyboi

Lukeyboi's OMSI Workshop
Apr 5, 2016
Pronouns
He/Him
That's relatively close, but fir those who dont visit London often... For example:

I have seen a few comments on other areas about Bus Lane colours, many in London aren't the red colour you think of. For those criticising his work who dont travel to London often, come here and see just how realistic it actually is.

I go to London about once every 2 months since I have easy Train connections and I agree with you.

Reactions: njg123 and pıʌɐp

Advertisement

Users who are viewing this thread