London DLC Discussion [RELEASE DATE: 10/12/2020] (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This product is now released and can be discussed at Other - [Official DLC] OMSI London

* Updated 9th December 2017.*
In order to ensure the London WIP thread is solely focused on the Work in Progress developments of London. It's been decided that it will be best to create a new thread for any questions that you may have regarding the features to be included in the add-on.

Prior to asking your questions, please ensure that this has not already been showcased in the WIP topic. Please also ensure that you READ this thread before commenting

Please Note: This thread is not the place to ask for the add-on's release date as I will disclose that once it's time to make it publicly known.

FAQ:
What buses are included in the DLC package?
- B5LH/Gemini 3
  • Citybus 200
  • Citybus 400
  • New Routemaster

What routes are included in the DLC package? (updated)

Do the buses come with an onboard iBus system?
Yes, it's currently being re-scripted to allow it to have a few more functions. These functions will be disclosed at a later date as it's not our top priority.

Can I become a beta tester for one of the vehicles/map?
No, we are not looking for any beta testers. We appreciate many of you are excited, but we also do expect many of you to respect our decision. All testers were selected by myself and my development team. This was done on a basis of people who are in the community who we can already trust, and not done on the basis of requests.

How much will add-on London cost?
Add-On London is currently expected to be priced at £24.99/27.95 Euros for the download version dependent on where you live, and £28-£30 for the boxed version depending on which site you purchase the add-on from.

Are there any plans for future vehicles post-London release?
Yes, there are plans for a number of vehicles which will be confirmed once development has started on those. The only confirmed vehicle is the Enviro400City, as discussed above.

Will the buses use the same rollband system as the current freeware London B9TL?
Road-hog123 has spent excessive time working on a brand new rollband script to replicate the Mckenna Brother's Powerblinds unit. All buses included in the add-on will feature its own unique powerblind set and does not replicate the example seen in the Volvo B9TL by AD156

This product is now released and can be discussed at Other - [Official DLC] OMSI London

Last edited by a moderator:

Advertisement

Jan 24, 2020
To be honest, the patience that we've given Rhys has allowed him to really put in work on the add-on and hopefully when its released, the Germans can say that we can make good add-ons for OMSI cos they've had all the fun for years until recently with the releases of the Lite, 400MMC, Masterdeck and Phantom with more certainly to come in the future.

Jimmy Turtle

Building Canberra One File At A Time....
Nov 11, 2016
Canberra, Australia
I'm having a full on laugh at the people on the FaceBook group OMSI 2 Public Buses I think where everyone is complaining that Amazon is correct and the AddOn should be out by now and that sort of crap. It's like just watch this space (on here and with Aerosoft and the proper channels to keep in the loop of the development) Are people that gullible and that it's just so irritating. I see why Rhys just went guys, please leave the dev team alone cause this is beyond a joke anymore.

I'm having a full on laugh at the people on the FaceBook group OMSI 2 Public Buses I think where everyone is complaining that Amazon is correct and the AddOn should be out by now and that sort of crap. It's like just watch this space (on here and with Aerosoft and the proper channels to keep in the loop of the development) Are people that gullible and that it's just so irritating. I see why Rhys just went guys, please leave the dev team alone cause this is beyond a joke anymore.
People just have to learn to wait more honestly because when it does come out everyone will be happy lol

ROBLOX Bus Simulators

Founder of TMT and Project Merseyside
Jun 18, 2017
Liverpool
People just have to learn to wait more honestly because when it does come out everyone will be happy lol
I can understand the frustration as people like myself have been waiting for 4 years but the abuse Rhys gets is unacceptable and I hope that once it's out we can all enjoy it

Advertisement

I think a lot of the frustration surrounding this probably arises from the fact that Amazon have a 'placeholder' date on the product page, and said page is the first listing when you do a Google search for "OMSI London". Obviously, on here we know that it will be released when its released. But if someone hasn't read this thread, then you can't blame them for relying on the information on the page to buy the product, then getting frustrated when said information (ie, this product will be released on) turns out to be false. It is blatant mis-selling. Would you be happy to pay for a product, be told it would be delivered on a certain date, then told to wait another 3 months and to 'be more patient'?

However, don't mistake the mini rant above for any criticism from myself of the London dev team. This is firmly on Aerosoft, it's their branding on the product page. They really should have pulled their finger out with Amazon to either get the listing removed until its ready for release, or the listing changed to not specify a date. I more than familiar enough with the OMSI Editor to know how long maps can take to develop, and that's only if the motivation and spare time is there, often there isn't. The fact it's taken 4 years to develop an optimised and very realistic looking map as well as the vehicles is actually quite realistic in my opinion, especially if the devs have other primary commitments.

I really do wish the team the best, and going from the trailer and recent screenshots, I'm confident that it will probably be one of, if not the highest rated official OMSI DLCs out there upon release. I'll certainly be parting with my money for it.

Aug 10, 2016
For anyone that's interested. Looks like the description for add-on London on the Aerosoft store has been updated if you wanted to see a more in-depth description of the upcoming add-on.

Trident Fan

Brummie bus driver
Jun 17, 2017
For anyone that's interested. Looks like the description for add-on London on the Aerosoft store has been updated if you wanted to see a more in-depth description of the upcoming add-on.

I’ve literally just realised that the bus on the front cover is Gemini 2 and not a 3, is it being worked on?

• Sad
Reactions: ELT2003

Advertisement

There's also a few new screenshots on the page as well. I'm getting very excited! :)

Reactions: ELT2003
Jan 24, 2020

This is why patience is key.... (ik that I will get some confused reactions but it's fine)

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread