London DLC Discussion [RELEASE DATE: 10/12/2020] (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This product is now released and can be discussed at Other - [Official DLC] OMSI London

* Updated 9th December 2017.*
In order to ensure the London WIP thread is solely focused on the Work in Progress developments of London. It's been decided that it will be best to create a new thread for any questions that you may have regarding the features to be included in the add-on.

Prior to asking your questions, please ensure that this has not already been showcased in the WIP topic. Please also ensure that you READ this thread before commenting

Please Note: This thread is not the place to ask for the add-on's release date as I will disclose that once it's time to make it publicly known.

FAQ:
What buses are included in the DLC package?
- B5LH/Gemini 3
  • Citybus 200
  • Citybus 400
  • New Routemaster

What routes are included in the DLC package? (updated)

Do the buses come with an onboard iBus system?
Yes, it's currently being re-scripted to allow it to have a few more functions. These functions will be disclosed at a later date as it's not our top priority.

Can I become a beta tester for one of the vehicles/map?
No, we are not looking for any beta testers. We appreciate many of you are excited, but we also do expect many of you to respect our decision. All testers were selected by myself and my development team. This was done on a basis of people who are in the community who we can already trust, and not done on the basis of requests.

How much will add-on London cost?
Add-On London is currently expected to be priced at £24.99/27.95 Euros for the download version dependent on where you live, and £28-£30 for the boxed version depending on which site you purchase the add-on from.

Are there any plans for future vehicles post-London release?
Yes, there are plans for a number of vehicles which will be confirmed once development has started on those. The only confirmed vehicle is the Enviro400City, as discussed above.

Will the buses use the same rollband system as the current freeware London B9TL?
Road-hog123 has spent excessive time working on a brand new rollband script to replicate the Mckenna Brother's Powerblinds unit. All buses included in the add-on will feature its own unique powerblind set and does not replicate the example seen in the Volvo B9TL by AD156

This product is now released and can be discussed at Other - [Official DLC] OMSI London

Last edited by a moderator:

TAC

Wants a Royale with cheese
FF Council
Dec 10, 2015
versob.it
@LT-GAZZ, the posts that were described as not being 'tolerable' have been deleted - that's why you won't be able to see them. As you will be able to see, moderators asked several times for people posting in this thread to move on from constant release date discussion that has been covered fully time and time again within the thread, with no new news, which was beginning to become argumentative, and therefore violate our rules. It was at that point that we began issuing warning points and deleting posts, after several warning shots.

I see that you have actually reacted to posts that haven't been 'blocked' openly criticising the addon and it's handling of the whole release date issue, so from that surely it's clear that we aren't so oppressive?

We appreciate you sharing your views, but we can't really agree with your assessment of how we've dealt with posts on this thread. We put a lot of effort into remaining neutral in any issues between members, of which there are many, and it is very easy for us to become a middle man within community arguments.

If you'd like to discuss this further, PM me rather than posting here, just to avoid clogging the thread up with posts regarding moderation issues that could be discussed elsewhere.

Reactions: OmniWink and BDotG
Apr 10, 2016
not tolerable? I mean no disrespect but I see no posts that are not tolerable, seems to me that its not tolerable to have an opinion or criticise, I am 43 years old, and from what I see of most of the Omsi community I am probably an old man. Seems to me that most of the devs are under the age of 25 (well done by the way for your advanced skills) problem is they don't seem to take criticism very well. I have seen offensive posts where devs have threatened and used foul language to insult people because they dare to ask that hateful and extremely disliked question, "will this be released"? so lets put some perspective on this. Our world is falling apart, we have world leaders who couldn't lead a dog to the park and you are saying that asking for release dates for a game or having an opinion on a dev taking 5 years to release a game after many many many promised dates is not tolerable, please, if you do not like opinion why in gods name (i don't believe in god by the way) are you moderating a forum? I understand it if someone is abusive, threatening or offensive but I see nothing like that in these DISCUSSION posts. I ask the moderators, admins and whoever else looks after these forums to please re-think what it is they want, a forum for open adult discussions or a forum that is only allowed to have the same opinion as the forum itself.

I know I will get blocked for daring to voice my opinion so let me say this, blocking me reinforces my point so I win :)

As for the London ad-don, I am sure Rhys has put a lot of time and effort into this project and I hope he has every intention of releasing it someday. However, and I know Rhys reads these, Rhys, you have to have broad shoulders mate and understand that you will be criticised no matter how hard you work, how much time you put in, if you promise something and don't deliver people will lose faith and of course have something to say. Take it on the chin, for every bad comment I am sure there is 100 good but to keep your followers and succeed you do need to engage and update people, when you delete posts, stop people talking and remove any information relating to the project you are inviting negativity, sorry but its true.

Again, sorry for the post but getting a little tired of the rude and offensive posts on all other forums or Facebook pages and I couldn't keep quiet any longer. I know I am going to be blocked for my opinion so if anyone does get to read this, I wish you all well and I hope Rhys does deliver one day, I know only too well how much work he would have put in to this.

Good luck

Well said!

Advertisement

Let’s talk about the addon.
What route or bus from the addon are you looking forward to the most?
For me, it’d have to be the NRM.
Don't think it'll actually be included with Add-On London, but for me it's C200A. :)

NRM and C200! Oh and @BlueOrange Streetdeck if it ever comes out! :D
BTW: BlueOrange's Streetdeck has nothing to do with Add-On London and are completely separate projects, if you meant that. ;)

Last edited:

FirstEnviro

Developer of the Studio Polygon [Redacted]
Studio Polygon
Nov 1, 2016
United Kingdom
Don't think it'll actually be included with Add-On London, but for me it's C200A. :)

View attachment 48411

BTW: UKDT's Gemini 3 has nothing to do with Add-On London and are completely separate projects, if you meant that. ;)
What? There's the London G3 which isn't UKDT but will come with London, and BlueOrange's G3 which is separate. There isn't a UKDT G3?

Reactions: Ross

Albastru

Somebody stole my fantasy
Forum Moderator
Feb 11, 2018
Brighton & Hove, East Sussex, England
Pronouns
They/Them
What? There's the London G3 which isn't UKDT but will come with London, and BlueOrange's G3 which is separate. There isn't a UKDT G3?
Quite a few people mistake London to be from the UKDT, as the developers are pitching in here and then to help Rhys :)

Advertisement

Ross

FF Council
Premium Subscriber
Apr 1, 2016
Dundee
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that the dual door C400 won't be called C400R (Regional) but rather C400L (for London). Right?
There will be the C400, C400R and C400RD.

The C400 is standard London spec, C400R being regional and C400RD being a regional dual door.

This is exactly what I mean about people answering questions that they're not sure of the answer.

FirstEnviro

Developer of the Studio Polygon [Redacted]
Studio Polygon
Nov 1, 2016
United Kingdom
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that the dual door C400 won't be called C400R (Regional) but rather C400L (for London). Right?
As much as you're helping people, maybe if you don't know the answer, just don't say anything?

edit: oops didnt see ross reply first xd

Advertisement

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread