London DLC Discussion [RELEASE DATE: 10/12/2020] (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This product is now released and can be discussed at Other - [Official DLC] OMSI London

* Updated 9th December 2017.*
In order to ensure the London WIP thread is solely focused on the Work in Progress developments of London. It's been decided that it will be best to create a new thread for any questions that you may have regarding the features to be included in the add-on.

Prior to asking your questions, please ensure that this has not already been showcased in the WIP topic. Please also ensure that you READ this thread before commenting

Please Note: This thread is not the place to ask for the add-on's release date as I will disclose that once it's time to make it publicly known.

FAQ:
What buses are included in the DLC package?
- B5LH/Gemini 3
  • Citybus 200
  • Citybus 400
  • New Routemaster

What routes are included in the DLC package? (updated)

Do the buses come with an onboard iBus system?
Yes, it's currently being re-scripted to allow it to have a few more functions. These functions will be disclosed at a later date as it's not our top priority.

Can I become a beta tester for one of the vehicles/map?
No, we are not looking for any beta testers. We appreciate many of you are excited, but we also do expect many of you to respect our decision. All testers were selected by myself and my development team. This was done on a basis of people who are in the community who we can already trust, and not done on the basis of requests.

How much will add-on London cost?
Add-On London is currently expected to be priced at £24.99/27.95 Euros for the download version dependent on where you live, and £28-£30 for the boxed version depending on which site you purchase the add-on from.

Are there any plans for future vehicles post-London release?
Yes, there are plans for a number of vehicles which will be confirmed once development has started on those. The only confirmed vehicle is the Enviro400City, as discussed above.

Will the buses use the same rollband system as the current freeware London B9TL?
Road-hog123 has spent excessive time working on a brand new rollband script to replicate the Mckenna Brother's Powerblinds unit. All buses included in the add-on will feature its own unique powerblind set and does not replicate the example seen in the Volvo B9TL by AD156

This product is now released and can be discussed at Other - [Official DLC] OMSI London

Last edited by a moderator:

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
If a thread is unlocked, it simply means you can post something in it, not that you must. It's simple - if you don't have anything to say, then don't say anything. Clearly there are a stubborn few who just have to say something - people who just don't possess the self-control required to think whether their post is worth posting.

Although locking this thread does mean giving in and giving Mr cmac here what he wants after inciting an argument, it does at least mean I'll have less to clear up later.

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
it's clear there is never going to be any updates
I'm not singling you out here, I keep hearing this same "Addon London is never going to be released" remark from many people and I still don't understand why people have to be negative all the time.

If you're interested in Addon London then you'll want it to succeed, no? If so, why attack the developers with negativity? Making a developer think they're a failure isn't going to make them work any faster.

If you're not interested in Addon London, then the negativity makes even less sense - why should you care if it gets released or not? Making people sad, depressed, etc., isn't funny or useful in any way, it just makes you a dick. Don't be a dick on the internet.

TL;DR: if you like a project, leave a nice positive reaction or comment; if you see something that could be improved, leave a constructive comment; if you simply don't like a project then keep your opinions to yourself - leaving a negative comment doesn't help anyone.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Jul 14, 2017
Brighton
Pronouns
He/Him
it was just said above that no updates have been posted so the team can concentrated on making the add-on just be patient and wait for news to be announce instead of tagging people or making a new thread sorry if this is rude but it needed to be said Amazon has a release date of the 28 june which is 16 days away whether or not that is the actual release date we will have to WAIT and see (moan finished HAHA)

Advertisement

Apr 10, 2016
No updates because there is nothing to update people about because it's vapourware? Prove me wrong with physical evidence from an official source and not second-hand information from some silly secret chatroom.

All these posts by people who seem so adamant that it's going to be released yet there is zero evidence that it actually is........ you are quite simply, convincing nobody.

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2016
Payment has nothing to do with it, it's about being honest with people and not treating people like they are buttoned up the back. It beggars belief that some people on this forum are so convinced that this addon will be released when it most likely won't be.

The hype(if there is any left)for this addon died for me when I noticed a pattern of promised updates that always failed to appear, usually accompanied be some excuse as to why the update didn't appear. If this happened once or twice then fair enough, but when it happened EVERY time then it's going to raise suspicions.

IF the addon is released, then good, great and I WILL buy it BUT I'm not going to sit here and pretend that everything is fine when it clearly isn't.

Jul 14, 2017
Brighton
Pronouns
He/Him
If their is no hype left then why comment and moan about the add on coming out or not some people are still “hyped” about it and want to know more information Rhys the maker has said him self that he hasn’t posted any updates publicly so he can focus on the map instead of being pestered by questions so let the people who still have hype for this map ask question and they will get answered when possible

Moskie

Fixing timetables brb
Jan 16, 2016
@cmac1985 You've obviously got a rod up your backside over this. You obviously really want Addon London too otherwise you wouldn't be having this huge a song-and-dance about it...

Quite frankly, it's not your argument to have. Rhys doesn't owe you anything at all, nor are you entitled to it.

Furthermore, to be quite honest, nobody here wants to hear your opinion as to 'whether Addon London will be released or not'.

So I'll say it on behalf of the admins who haven't (or have, but diplomatically) told you yet:

shut up.

Last edited:

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread