London DLC Discussion [RELEASE DATE: 10/12/2020] (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This product is now released and can be discussed at Other - [Official DLC] OMSI London

* Updated 9th December 2017.*
In order to ensure the London WIP thread is solely focused on the Work in Progress developments of London. It's been decided that it will be best to create a new thread for any questions that you may have regarding the features to be included in the add-on.

Prior to asking your questions, please ensure that this has not already been showcased in the WIP topic. Please also ensure that you READ this thread before commenting

Please Note: This thread is not the place to ask for the add-on's release date as I will disclose that once it's time to make it publicly known.

FAQ:
What buses are included in the DLC package?
- B5LH/Gemini 3
  • Citybus 200
  • Citybus 400
  • New Routemaster

What routes are included in the DLC package? (updated)

Do the buses come with an onboard iBus system?
Yes, it's currently being re-scripted to allow it to have a few more functions. These functions will be disclosed at a later date as it's not our top priority.

Can I become a beta tester for one of the vehicles/map?
No, we are not looking for any beta testers. We appreciate many of you are excited, but we also do expect many of you to respect our decision. All testers were selected by myself and my development team. This was done on a basis of people who are in the community who we can already trust, and not done on the basis of requests.

How much will add-on London cost?
Add-On London is currently expected to be priced at £24.99/27.95 Euros for the download version dependent on where you live, and £28-£30 for the boxed version depending on which site you purchase the add-on from.

Are there any plans for future vehicles post-London release?
Yes, there are plans for a number of vehicles which will be confirmed once development has started on those. The only confirmed vehicle is the Enviro400City, as discussed above.

Will the buses use the same rollband system as the current freeware London B9TL?
Road-hog123 has spent excessive time working on a brand new rollband script to replicate the Mckenna Brother's Powerblinds unit. All buses included in the add-on will feature its own unique powerblind set and does not replicate the example seen in the Volvo B9TL by AD156

This product is now released and can be discussed at Other - [Official DLC] OMSI London

Last edited by a moderator:

Street cleaner
Forum Moderator
FF Council
UKDT
Premium Subscriber
Oct 24, 2016
Just cleaned out a load of release date discussion from this thread (again), if you spot anyone breaking the rules please use the report button rather than commence a 12 post discussion about it :rolleyes:

Release date stuff just makes the thread a chore to read, it's not going to make London DLC come any quicker so please don't post it. Here endeth the rant.

Reactions: Ddogb
Apr 10, 2016
I'd like to see evidence that you can drive on this map with collisions enabled as far too many maps have been r******d for omsi 2 that are riddled with invisible walls making the map undrivable. Turning collisions off just makes the game dull as there's no longer any challenge when if you get stuck you can just drive through things like casper the ghost.....

Advertisement

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
There's a significant difference between a freeware map that uses a bunch of free building packs and a payware map with entirely custom buildings. The collisions issues you get on freeware maps are the fault of the same few objects with incorrect collisions that get reused all the time because they're very useful. That won't affect London because the objects have been created from scratch with correct collisions.

Either way, I'll be testing the map with collisions enabled, so if I crash into anything then I'll be letting Rhys know so he can fix it. :)

Advertisement

Street cleaner
Forum Moderator
FF Council
UKDT
Premium Subscriber
Oct 24, 2016
The only person who can confirm either way is Rhys (but please don't ask him), he hasn't mentioned it's in testing yet but that's not to say it isn't (it's a bit like Schrödinger's cat).

No one else with access can say because of the aforementioned NDA, testers may not even be able to reveal they are testers! Rhys will reveal what he feels is appropriate when he is ready; most developers usually allow testers to post screenshots near release.

Reactions: lowe200012
Just wondering if all the routes in the addon are going to be current when the addon is released? Like for example the route 23 recently had a large routing change and no longer runs between Marble Arch and Aldwych. Not sure about other changes but just wondering if all the routes are going to be fully up to date when the addon is released?

lowe200012

Ballroom Dancer
Mar 5, 2017
Just wondering if all the routes in the addon are going to be current when the addon is released? Like for example the route 23 recently had a large routing change and no longer runs between Marble Arch and Aldwych. Not sure about other changes but just wondering if all the routes are going to be fully up to date when the addon is released?
Your question has been answered several times in this thread, I suggest a bit of light reading and you will find your answer.

Reactions: MarnzZ

SprattyHeath

When in doubt, flat out
Nov 27, 2016
London

It will probably not be up-to-date as its set around 2016-2017, considering the fact that the map is still going through some polishing and final testing I very much doubt there will be alterations made to the routes.

The only person who can confirm either way is Rhys (but please don't ask him), he hasn't mentioned it's in testing yet but that's not to say it isn't (it's a bit like Schrödinger's cat).

No one else with access can say because of the aforementioned NDA, testers may not even be able to reveal they are testers! Rhys will reveal what he feels is appropriate when he is ready; most developers usually allow testers to post screenshots near release.

Alright bro thanks for the info

Advertisement

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
The windows are a bit different than the ones in the existing buses, like C400, V3D's ALX400, and actually every other bus.
The windows are have like a weird bluish grey tone to them if you look out from the inside... seems a bit odd, I think.
Noted, I agree. The tint on the windows is a bit heavy. I'll adjust the textures so they're more transparent :D
Now that I have the current NRM to examine, I can see what the problem is here: the NRM uses the same window texture both inside and out, whereas the the C400 does the same as the default buses and has a lighter and more-transparent texture for the inside faces of the windows.

The reason for this difference is because OMSI has a fixed lighting system - in reality when you move from the bright outside to the darker interior of the bus, your eyes adjust, but that doesn't happen in OMSI. If you made the interior a realistic brightness it'd be very dark in interior views, so instead the darkness is faked by making the glass darken the interior when viewed from the outside, but not darken the world when viewed from inside.

Now that I have the current NRM to examine, I can see what the problem is here: the NRM uses the same window texture both inside and out, whereas the the C400 does the same as the default buses and has a lighter and more-transparent texture for the inside faces of the windows.

The reason for this difference is because OMSI has a fixed lighting system - in reality when you move from the bright outside to the darker interior of the bus, your eyes adjust, but that doesn't happen in OMSI. If you made the interior a realistic brightness it'd be very dark in interior views, so instead the darkness is faked by making the glass darken the interior when viewed from the outside, but not darken the world when viewed from inside.
Ooh, that's very interesting! ????
Thanks so much for sharing this information, Road-hog123! :)

Aug 3, 2016

Really impressive technique. It's clear you're making the very best use of what you've got! Thanks for your hard work and dedication! :)

Reactions: Lukeo and LT586

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread