London DLC Discussion [RELEASE DATE: 10/12/2020] (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This product is now released and can be discussed at Other - [Official DLC] OMSI London

* Updated 9th December 2017.*
In order to ensure the London WIP thread is solely focused on the Work in Progress developments of London. It's been decided that it will be best to create a new thread for any questions that you may have regarding the features to be included in the add-on.

Prior to asking your questions, please ensure that this has not already been showcased in the WIP topic. Please also ensure that you READ this thread before commenting

Please Note: This thread is not the place to ask for the add-on's release date as I will disclose that once it's time to make it publicly known.

FAQ:
What buses are included in the DLC package?
- B5LH/Gemini 3
  • Citybus 200
  • Citybus 400
  • New Routemaster

What routes are included in the DLC package? (updated)

Do the buses come with an onboard iBus system?
Yes, it's currently being re-scripted to allow it to have a few more functions. These functions will be disclosed at a later date as it's not our top priority.

Can I become a beta tester for one of the vehicles/map?
No, we are not looking for any beta testers. We appreciate many of you are excited, but we also do expect many of you to respect our decision. All testers were selected by myself and my development team. This was done on a basis of people who are in the community who we can already trust, and not done on the basis of requests.

How much will add-on London cost?
Add-On London is currently expected to be priced at £24.99/27.95 Euros for the download version dependent on where you live, and £28-£30 for the boxed version depending on which site you purchase the add-on from.

Are there any plans for future vehicles post-London release?
Yes, there are plans for a number of vehicles which will be confirmed once development has started on those. The only confirmed vehicle is the Enviro400City, as discussed above.

Will the buses use the same rollband system as the current freeware London B9TL?
Road-hog123 has spent excessive time working on a brand new rollband script to replicate the Mckenna Brother's Powerblinds unit. All buses included in the add-on will feature its own unique powerblind set and does not replicate the example seen in the Volvo B9TL by AD156

This product is now released and can be discussed at Other - [Official DLC] OMSI London

Last edited by a moderator:

Advertisement

Rhys

Add-on London Team
Mar 20, 2016
@Rhys is there any school routes such as 690 etc that will be driveable in Addon London mate...not sure if this is something that has been asked in the past or not. Thanks :)
The 690 is an AI route, so you cannot drive it. You can see it between Brixton and West Norwood. If you know it's routeing, you could attempt to drive along the section available.

Advertisement

The Routemaster is looking splendid

????

The modelling and texturing and really everything about it looks really awesome, I agree. Both with the map and the bus(es).

Yet I would change one thing: The windows are a bit different than the ones in the existing buses, like C400, V3D's ALX400, and actually every other bus.
The windows are have like a weird bluish grey tone to them if you look out from the inside... seems a bit odd, I think.

Also, I realise this is all WIP, and not the final product. This is all just my opinion. ;)

Rhys

Add-on London Team
Mar 20, 2016
The modelling and texturing and really everything about it looks really awesome, I agree. Both with the map and the bus(es).

Yet I would change one thing: The windows are a bit different than the ones in the existing buses, like C400, V3D's ALX400, and actually every other bus.
The windows are have like a weird bluish grey tone to them if you look out from the inside... seems a bit odd, I think.

Also, I realise this is all WIP, and not the final product. This is all just my opinion. ;)
Noted, I agree. The tint on the windows is a bit heavy. I'll adjust the textures so they're more transparent :D

Advertisement

Ddogb

[CU] - JTR
Jan 1, 2018
South London
Don't take this offencive but do you think you will release this to Omsi or lotus? just seems it's still going to be a far way away from being realeased? just asking as i'm thinking lotus will take over omsi

I am 99.9999% sure it will be released when ready for OMSI2, LOTUS is a long way from replacing OMSI for simulating buses I don't even think it has any AI yet let alone buses?

Reactions: LT586

Ddogb

[CU] - JTR
Jan 1, 2018
South London
You doing a great job @Rhys, I live just down the road from Crystal Palace and have been to most of the locations you've recreated and it looks so close to the real thing it amazes me and god I can't wait to get hold of the C200! Think I'm going to be up all night when it's out ;)

funanddrpepper

Midlands boy rocking down south
Feb 23, 2017
south west london
You doing a great job @Rhys, I live just down the road from Crystal Palace and have been to most of the locations you've recreated and it looks so close to the real thing it amazes me and god I can't wait to get hold of the C200! Think I'm going to be up all night when it's out ;)
I'm in the croydon area, it does look so good the map. and same the E200 is my favourite bus tbh. Im gonna take that on the 159 lol

Reactions: Ddogb

funanddrpepper

Midlands boy rocking down south
Feb 23, 2017
south west london
I have a question which doesn't have anything to do with release dates and im not sure if this has been asked before but i dont think this has. @Rhys will i be able to drive with collisions on. without crashing into invisible objects
i would guess so. Rhys has mentioned before about how he has sorted the collisions :)

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread