London DLC Discussion [RELEASE DATE: 10/12/2020] (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This product is now released and can be discussed at Other - [Official DLC] OMSI London

* Updated 9th December 2017.*
In order to ensure the London WIP thread is solely focused on the Work in Progress developments of London. It's been decided that it will be best to create a new thread for any questions that you may have regarding the features to be included in the add-on.

Prior to asking your questions, please ensure that this has not already been showcased in the WIP topic. Please also ensure that you READ this thread before commenting

Please Note: This thread is not the place to ask for the add-on's release date as I will disclose that once it's time to make it publicly known.

FAQ:
What buses are included in the DLC package?
- B5LH/Gemini 3
  • Citybus 200
  • Citybus 400
  • New Routemaster

What routes are included in the DLC package? (updated)

Do the buses come with an onboard iBus system?
Yes, it's currently being re-scripted to allow it to have a few more functions. These functions will be disclosed at a later date as it's not our top priority.

Can I become a beta tester for one of the vehicles/map?
No, we are not looking for any beta testers. We appreciate many of you are excited, but we also do expect many of you to respect our decision. All testers were selected by myself and my development team. This was done on a basis of people who are in the community who we can already trust, and not done on the basis of requests.

How much will add-on London cost?
Add-On London is currently expected to be priced at £24.99/27.95 Euros for the download version dependent on where you live, and £28-£30 for the boxed version depending on which site you purchase the add-on from.

Are there any plans for future vehicles post-London release?
Yes, there are plans for a number of vehicles which will be confirmed once development has started on those. The only confirmed vehicle is the Enviro400City, as discussed above.

Will the buses use the same rollband system as the current freeware London B9TL?
Road-hog123 has spent excessive time working on a brand new rollband script to replicate the Mckenna Brother's Powerblinds unit. All buses included in the add-on will feature its own unique powerblind set and does not replicate the example seen in the Volvo B9TL by AD156

This product is now released and can be discussed at Other - [Official DLC] OMSI London

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 295

Is there an enviro 400/200 mmc with this map or just the old enviro 400 and 200
The only buses that will be present in London on release are the ones previously explained by Rhys himself in this thread, which doesn't include any MMC era vehicles from ADL. As far as I know, the routes that will be in the addon don't use them anyway so it wouldn't be an efficient use of his time working on vehicles which would ultimately be restricted to AI routes only if that was the case.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
That video doesn't include the iBus at all? Just the Powerblinds being controlled by the beginnings of an ICU400.

Either way, it isn't actually any worse at demonstrating the current functionality of the iBus... in theory, my code is well-written and a nice solution, but in reality OMSI has decided it doesn't work, ouputs junk that doesn't make sense and has no debug tools to help me fix it. So your guess is as good as mine as to whether when I find the last dregs of motivation to rewrite the darn thing for the umpteenth time it'll be work at all, let alone well enough to produce a video showing off it's functionality anytime soon.

Advertisement

D

Deleted member 295

Sorry if this has been answered but what year is add on London based off
I believe this might answer your question, unless plans have changed...
It is, but based between January 2015 & November 2017. This mainly covers recent contract changes on most routes (such as the 159 transferring from Arriva to Abellio), as well as bus type changes (such as the 3 & 68's conversion to NRMs) or route changes (such as the 3 being cut back to Regent Street, and later Trafalgar Square).

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
I shall answer your question with the same answer that was given to you the last time you asked that question:
rhys is there going to be cash if you set it to a different year:)
Everything is all cashless in add-on London. It's based between Jan 2015- Nov 2017.

The map is based between 2015 and 2017. Any changes that occurred before 2015 will not be implemented - you won't get magically get AEC Routemasters, The Great Fire of London or any other historical event by setting back the time outside of the implemented range and the same goes for predicting the future by setting the time forward.

Jul 14, 2017
Brighton
Pronouns
He/Him
I shall answer your question with the same answer that was given to you the last time you asked that question:

The map is based between 2015 and 2017. Any changes that occurred before 2015 will not be implemented - you won't get magically get AEC Routemasters, The Great Fire of London or any other historical event by setting back the time outside of the implemented range and the same goes for predicting the future by setting the time forward.
So we won’t get the riots from 2011 ? ????

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread