London DLC Discussion [RELEASE DATE: 10/12/2020] (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This product is now released and can be discussed at Other - [Official DLC] OMSI London

* Updated 9th December 2017.*
In order to ensure the London WIP thread is solely focused on the Work in Progress developments of London. It's been decided that it will be best to create a new thread for any questions that you may have regarding the features to be included in the add-on.

Prior to asking your questions, please ensure that this has not already been showcased in the WIP topic. Please also ensure that you READ this thread before commenting

Please Note: This thread is not the place to ask for the add-on's release date as I will disclose that once it's time to make it publicly known.

FAQ:
What buses are included in the DLC package?
- B5LH/Gemini 3
  • Citybus 200
  • Citybus 400
  • New Routemaster

What routes are included in the DLC package? (updated)

Do the buses come with an onboard iBus system?
Yes, it's currently being re-scripted to allow it to have a few more functions. These functions will be disclosed at a later date as it's not our top priority.

Can I become a beta tester for one of the vehicles/map?
No, we are not looking for any beta testers. We appreciate many of you are excited, but we also do expect many of you to respect our decision. All testers were selected by myself and my development team. This was done on a basis of people who are in the community who we can already trust, and not done on the basis of requests.

How much will add-on London cost?
Add-On London is currently expected to be priced at £24.99/27.95 Euros for the download version dependent on where you live, and £28-£30 for the boxed version depending on which site you purchase the add-on from.

Are there any plans for future vehicles post-London release?
Yes, there are plans for a number of vehicles which will be confirmed once development has started on those. The only confirmed vehicle is the Enviro400City, as discussed above.

Will the buses use the same rollband system as the current freeware London B9TL?
Road-hog123 has spent excessive time working on a brand new rollband script to replicate the Mckenna Brother's Powerblinds unit. All buses included in the add-on will feature its own unique powerblind set and does not replicate the example seen in the Volvo B9TL by AD156

This product is now released and can be discussed at Other - [Official DLC] OMSI London

Last edited by a moderator:

Rhys

Add-on London Team
Mar 20, 2016
There is a lot to test here but you make a good point - when AI traffic is reasonably high (rush hour for example) then junctions should not deadlock themselves. I wish developers would sometimes (where necessary) omit some of the clever (nice to have) turning traffic if it results in traffic deadlocking - which renders the simulation unplayable.
You have to remember, OMSI has it's limitations. There's only so much a developer can do. But OMSI's limitations doesn't allow you to immediately have traffic avoiding specific hotspots, if there were gridlocks. You can only set various traffic rules, which also has it's limitations. I personally think from the way you described it, it's something that's out of a developer's control, simply from how OMSI is set up. I also think you have to take into account that in busy city maps, traffic lights are very common within a small vicinity. Having your traffic factor set to 100% will almost certainly cause a gridlock somewhere and will have a knock on effect to the surrounding roads and areas. Most OMSI maps have this issue. Even the default maps have the same issue.

Jonathan

JonOfWilts
Oct 28, 2016
Guys - just an idea - but the dev and test team for the London DLC may want to consider going into "social media lock down" for a few months now while the bulk of the remaining dev and test work is completed. This project must now be well past the point where feedback and new ideas are going to be useful - and the remaining tasks should be very clear (I remember previous reference to a finite list of tasks). Social media (including this thread now at 92 pages (!)) must be a significant distraction - and 10 minutes spent on here is 10 minutes away from the project itself. Also I would suggest that delivering more screenshots and videos is counter productive at this point. Once all the dev and test work is finished then would be a good time to go back onto social media to maximize interest in the project prior to its final release.

Advertisement

Rhys

Add-on London Team
Mar 20, 2016
Guys - just an idea - but the dev and test team for the London DLC may want to consider going into "social media lock down" for a few months now while the bulk of the remaining dev and test work is completed. This project must now be well past the point where feedback and new ideas are going to be useful - and the remaining tasks should be very clear (I remember previous reference to a finite list of tasks). Social media (including this thread now at 92 pages (!)) must be a significant distraction - and 10 minutes spent on here is 10 minutes away from the project itself. Also I would suggest that delivering more screenshots and videos is counter productive at this point. Once all the dev and test work is finished then would be a good time to go back onto social media to maximize interest in the project prior to its final release.
We've been doing this for a while. I think we know what we're doing. We post monthly updates to keep our following interested on the latest developments. I don't, for one second, think it's conterproductive. In fact, it's keeping the interest of most people who've been following the progress of London. London is still WIP, as are other projects on this forum. Why not give the same advice to other developers instead, who've been working on their projects for a similar amount of time that we have? I'm not deflecting blame or attention. But I just feel like the advice you've given can also be applicable to any developer in this community. Moreover, popping on the forums for 10 mins at a time isn't a distraction I don't believe. It's good to grasp the opinions of those who follow and support London. Plus I do have a life to live, as do the rest of the developers and cannot work on London every single waking minute of the day. Besides, if I was to completely leave the community in the dark about our progress with London, and stop posting updates, then we'd still be slandered. We can't win either way!

Rhys

Add-on London Team
Mar 20, 2016
I am curious about the iBus unit in action and the serial hybrid drive for the LT. Also has the I-Shift in the G3 been tweaked to climb hills that are in the map?
I’m also hoping to show you soon, about the G3/NRM.

Wrt the G3, it now FLIES up hills. The gear efficiency was increased substantially and Ross has spent so much time working on smoothing out the jerkiness, so it doesn’t lag at all!

Wrt the NRM, the serial hybrid train Roadhog has scripted is such a charm! I actually love the NRM the most because of it. You should see how it all works soon, Ratti’s also been finishing off the sounds/heavily improving them and it’s all coming together nicely!

Advertisement

Advertisement

LT586

Was Living in the editor
Oct 25, 2016
North
I’m also hoping to show you soon, about the G3/NRM.

Wrt the G3, it now FLIES up hills. The gear efficiency was increased substantially and Ross has spent so much time working on smoothing out the jerkiness, so it doesn’t lag at all!

Wrt the NRM, the serial hybrid train Roadhog has scripted is such a charm! I actually love the NRM the most because of it. You should see how it all works soon, Ratti’s also been finishing off the sounds/heavily improving them and it’s all coming together nicely!

It all sounds incredible. Channel is all ready and set for the addon, and Road Hog, look forward to seeing the iBus unit in action. Not sure if this has been mentioned but you can use a working version in the London Transport Museum in a cab of a Gemini 2.

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread