London DLC Discussion [RELEASE DATE: 10/12/2020] (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This product is now released and can be discussed at Other - [Official DLC] OMSI London

* Updated 9th December 2017.*
In order to ensure the London WIP thread is solely focused on the Work in Progress developments of London. It's been decided that it will be best to create a new thread for any questions that you may have regarding the features to be included in the add-on.

Prior to asking your questions, please ensure that this has not already been showcased in the WIP topic. Please also ensure that you READ this thread before commenting

Please Note: This thread is not the place to ask for the add-on's release date as I will disclose that once it's time to make it publicly known.

FAQ:
What buses are included in the DLC package?
- B5LH/Gemini 3
  • Citybus 200
  • Citybus 400
  • New Routemaster

What routes are included in the DLC package? (updated)

Do the buses come with an onboard iBus system?
Yes, it's currently being re-scripted to allow it to have a few more functions. These functions will be disclosed at a later date as it's not our top priority.

Can I become a beta tester for one of the vehicles/map?
No, we are not looking for any beta testers. We appreciate many of you are excited, but we also do expect many of you to respect our decision. All testers were selected by myself and my development team. This was done on a basis of people who are in the community who we can already trust, and not done on the basis of requests.

How much will add-on London cost?
Add-On London is currently expected to be priced at £24.99/27.95 Euros for the download version dependent on where you live, and £28-£30 for the boxed version depending on which site you purchase the add-on from.

Are there any plans for future vehicles post-London release?
Yes, there are plans for a number of vehicles which will be confirmed once development has started on those. The only confirmed vehicle is the Enviro400City, as discussed above.

Will the buses use the same rollband system as the current freeware London B9TL?
Road-hog123 has spent excessive time working on a brand new rollband script to replicate the Mckenna Brother's Powerblinds unit. All buses included in the add-on will feature its own unique powerblind set and does not replicate the example seen in the Volvo B9TL by AD156

This product is now released and can be discussed at Other - [Official DLC] OMSI London

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 21, 2019
Ipswich
The C200s sounds were originally recorded from a Voith 2009 Arriva Gillingham E200. The C200 comes with a Voith and fictional ZF variant. The C400 also comes with a standard ZF gearbox. At present, there are no plans for a Voith C400, especially considering most of the E400s that operate within the Add-on’s area are ZF, irl.

It doesn’t matter where it’s purchased from, everyone still gets paid the same way :D
Bit of a shame that the E200 won't come with Allison sounds. :( But I'm Looking forward to the ZF Box version - They sound a bit like E200MMC's. An example is here: Credit to KickdownLondon for the video

Reactions: ELT2003

Advertisement

Jan 24, 2020
I don't think that the impatient London vegs realise how much of a transition this map has undertaken.

For example - in the pictures below, you can see how much different London looks and how much of a quality gap there is. For anyone with sense, that just shows how much Rhys (and the London team) have worked on the map that it is today, not to mention how much delays it has had.

Another example of where London has stepped up as a piece of DLC is with the buses - the buses you can see above looks nothing like the buses below and this is all because of the hard work that has been undertaken by the London team to make buses which are of the best quality.

Imo, I think that this shows that sometimes delays to things are not always for the bad and in this case, it was for the better and because of the delays and hard work that the London team have put into the map, we are able to (hopefully) get a 2020 release.

So for anyone (like me) who is looking to start map building, this map should be something to look up to and get inspiration from.

Ik the UKDT and London team have already spoken about this (amongst other people) but I'd thought I'd say something too as I feel that there are still impatient vegs that are actively looking for any hint that a release date for London will be mentioned.

Below are pictures of the London map which was originally made in 2014/then (top picture) and London which has been made into a top quality map with brilliantly made buses included/now (bottom picture) just as a comparison to show how much the map has improved since TSLP days (2014)

Picture1.png

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2020
Another thing - (although this will probably be done (if it is) after London is released) could it be possible that the Go-Ahead route's 322 and 432 are allocated to Camberwell (Q) and the routes which run through Waterloo be allocated to the garage up dere (RA) (i.e. 68)

Last edited:

North London Buses

Bus Enthusiast based in North London.
Nov 5, 2016
@Rhys another thing, (ik this is a stupid question but still) will we have the ability to make the announcement pack which comes with London work with other buses (i.e. Masterdeck, SP400 MMC, etc.)?
If the buses support announcements then they can use the announcements for example you can use the south London announcements on the masterbus and e400 mmc

Reactions: ELT2003 and Kyle C
I don't think that the impatient London vegs realise how much of a transition this map has undertaken.

For example - in the pictures below, you can see how much different London looks and how much of a quality gap there is. For anyone with sense, that just shows how much Rhys (and the London team) have worked on the map that it is today, not to mention how much delays it has had.

Another example of where London has stepped up as a piece of DLC is with the buses - the buses you can see above looks nothing like the buses below and this is all because of the hard work that has been undertaken by the London team to make buses which are of the best quality.

Imo, I think that this shows that sometimes delays to things are not always for the bad and in this case, it was for the better and because of the delays and hard work that the London team have put into the map, we are able to (hopefully) get a 2020 release.

So for anyone (like me) who is looking to start map building, this map should be something to look up to and get inspiration from.

View attachment 72931
Woahh! What happened to the Ciatro tho?

Advertisement

Jan 24, 2020
Any news on the add-on london lately? The discussion is a bit dry ngl.

Rhys said previously that he was finalising timetables for the routes on the map which is the latest (sort of) news we've heard from him

All you and all of us can do is play the waiting game chap. Just watch the trailer, it’s got all the info you would need instead of asking in here.

Yep, all the patience will pay off eventually! ????

Reactions: Commander_SJ

Advertisement

Jan 24, 2020
Imo, I think that the buses included in the add-on are amongst (possibly) some of the best UK buses made for OMSI.

A combination of brilliant buses and an accurate map to go to go with them just makes this possibly one of the greatest add-ons OMSI has ever (possibly) had.

What makes me even more a fan of this map is the attention to detail, some of the locations and even small details are so accurate that you wouldn't think that anything is inaccurate about each location which is something I personally like alot.

However, as mentioned above (and in the past (before I started playing OMSI (although I have been a fan of the game since 2014))), we have to wait and because we have waited as asked, we are able to get a release possibly very soon. So at this stage, we've all just got to wait for Rhys to give us the word and then the rest is (hopefully) history.

Last edited:

ROBLOX Bus Simulators

Founder of TMT and Project Merseyside
Jun 18, 2017
Liverpool
Dunno what to say bout dis but patience is still key.... (was just watching a stream from 3 years ago (when I never use to play OMSI) and somehow saw these 3 videos below from 19 days ago)

View attachment 73659

Mod note: take this post down as appropriate
They're just clips clipped by viewers of previous streams, nothing new

Reactions: ELT2003

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread