London DLC Discussion [RELEASE DATE: 10/12/2020] (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This product is now released and can be discussed at Other - [Official DLC] OMSI London

* Updated 9th December 2017.*
In order to ensure the London WIP thread is solely focused on the Work in Progress developments of London. It's been decided that it will be best to create a new thread for any questions that you may have regarding the features to be included in the add-on.

Prior to asking your questions, please ensure that this has not already been showcased in the WIP topic. Please also ensure that you READ this thread before commenting

Please Note: This thread is not the place to ask for the add-on's release date as I will disclose that once it's time to make it publicly known.

FAQ:
What buses are included in the DLC package?
- B5LH/Gemini 3
  • Citybus 200
  • Citybus 400
  • New Routemaster

What routes are included in the DLC package? (updated)

Do the buses come with an onboard iBus system?
Yes, it's currently being re-scripted to allow it to have a few more functions. These functions will be disclosed at a later date as it's not our top priority.

Can I become a beta tester for one of the vehicles/map?
No, we are not looking for any beta testers. We appreciate many of you are excited, but we also do expect many of you to respect our decision. All testers were selected by myself and my development team. This was done on a basis of people who are in the community who we can already trust, and not done on the basis of requests.

How much will add-on London cost?
Add-On London is currently expected to be priced at £24.99/27.95 Euros for the download version dependent on where you live, and £28-£30 for the boxed version depending on which site you purchase the add-on from.

Are there any plans for future vehicles post-London release?
Yes, there are plans for a number of vehicles which will be confirmed once development has started on those. The only confirmed vehicle is the Enviro400City, as discussed above.

Will the buses use the same rollband system as the current freeware London B9TL?
Road-hog123 has spent excessive time working on a brand new rollband script to replicate the Mckenna Brother's Powerblinds unit. All buses included in the add-on will feature its own unique powerblind set and does not replicate the example seen in the Volvo B9TL by AD156

This product is now released and can be discussed at Other - [Official DLC] OMSI London

Last edited by a moderator:

Advertisement

Advertisement

junaid1510

Join my discord: https://discord.gg/QB5bbH4gv9
Oct 20, 2016
Willesden, London
I am hoping for realistic timetables. I did struggle to keep to time on South London. If rather not drive like a rally driver just to keep to time.
In london we dont stick to timetables cause busy routes like the 3 always end up getting late. Instead london buses operate by maintaining vehicle gaps within the service. the only routes you will find sticking to a timetable would be the nonfrequent and elderly people routes

I thought this was fiction when I saw it, must be due to the ULEZ boundary plus the ENXs are in seriously poor condition. Spoke to Peter at E and he confirmed this today. It’ll be interesting but the 279 could do with them tbh. The 313 is a short route

Not sure whether to be offended or not by this. I don’t make things up like this. Never have. :)

Reactions: owen6116

Advertisement

Back on topic - What route(s) are you guys looking forward to driving?
I don't know about routes but I was planning to take the KMB Volvo Olympian (the air conditioned one with the TD102KF and Voith combination) out and around London but I've since done a full reinstall and I don't have them anymore. It's one of a few that I miss that aren't available anymore. I guess I will do the 3 to see how much it has changed since TSLP or whatever takes you by Waterloo to se if RM modelled the siren on the bridge (I'm thinking it's unlikely due to it's size but it would be amazing if it is there as they are a part of history).

Jan 24, 2020
I don't know about routes but I was planning to take the KMB Volvo Olympian (the air conditioned one with the TD102KF and Voith combination) out and around London but I've since done a full reinstall and I don't have them anymore. It's one of a few that I miss that aren't available anymore. I guess I will do the 3 to see how much it has changed since TSLP or whatever takes you by Waterloo to se if RM modelled the siren on the bridge (I'm thinking it's unlikely due to it's size but it would be amazing if it is there as they are a part of history).

I'd love to thrash anything with a voith engine fitted in it. Especially down the 3 between Kennington - Brixton and on other routes (where the space between stops allows)

Rhys

Add-on London Team
Mar 20, 2016
I am hoping for realistic timetables. I did struggle to keep to time on South London. If rather not drive like a rally driver just to keep to time.
Fingers crossed the timetables will a lot more realistic. I've spent time timing each route from end to end before scheduling them. I've also allowed slightly extra time on certain routes to allow you to complete it without speeding. For example, Route 3 is scheduled to take 55 mins between Crystal Palace and Oxford Circus. The first 20 mins of the route allows you to get to Brixton with relatively no ease and the remaining 35 mins is spent trying to bolster your way through traffic up to Oxford Circus.

I'm in the process of doing the finalised timetables for the remaining routes this week, so it's perfect I saw this message.
Would there be more areas added in later after release like Kings Cross? And I’m guessing when SP and MS both finish the London variants of each respective bus, they will be supported for London with Hof files including iBus announcements? And what did I keep telling you peoples, don’t be a pain to Rhys then we get results! ;):kappa: Lovely work Rhys!
I'll never say never, but I think after London is out, I need to move onto something new, just for my own sanity :D
so in hail and ride (london) we do have checkpoints. These are half busstop flags that indicate popular stop rerquests where it is safe to do so. I dont know if they have them on the 322 tho
They work exactly like how you've suggested them. I've made those half bus stops to indicate where it's safe to stop. OMSI doesn't allow for a proper hail & ride, but I think once you all see it, it should be rather interesting :D

Last edited:

Jimmy Turtle

Building Canberra One File At A Time....
Nov 11, 2016
Canberra, Australia
I'll never say never, but I think after London is out, I need to move onto something new, just for my own sanity :D

I get that one Rhys, I'm starting to Build a New bus sim for Canberra (Australia) to be a cross between OMSI 2 and CBS series and doing that with the rest of the final years of Schooling plus doing it all by myself at the moment with little knowledge to building games and 3D modeling to the standards that what you have achieved with the Add-On. Creating the whole Canberra network (including 90ish routes for weekdays and not including the school runs as well and then weekend routes and Christmas day routes) If you have any tips and that for me, I would appreciate the advice and or help if anyone would like to help. I understand your struggles with mental disorders, got the same as you and that but even though we have these things, it makes us more determined to get things done and done Right! Take Care Rhys :cool:

• Love
Reactions: Rhys and ELT2003

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread