London DLC Discussion [RELEASE DATE: 10/12/2020] (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This product is now released and can be discussed at Other - [Official DLC] OMSI London

* Updated 9th December 2017.*
In order to ensure the London WIP thread is solely focused on the Work in Progress developments of London. It's been decided that it will be best to create a new thread for any questions that you may have regarding the features to be included in the add-on.

Prior to asking your questions, please ensure that this has not already been showcased in the WIP topic. Please also ensure that you READ this thread before commenting

Please Note: This thread is not the place to ask for the add-on's release date as I will disclose that once it's time to make it publicly known.

FAQ:
What buses are included in the DLC package?
- B5LH/Gemini 3
  • Citybus 200
  • Citybus 400
  • New Routemaster

What routes are included in the DLC package? (updated)

Do the buses come with an onboard iBus system?
Yes, it's currently being re-scripted to allow it to have a few more functions. These functions will be disclosed at a later date as it's not our top priority.

Can I become a beta tester for one of the vehicles/map?
No, we are not looking for any beta testers. We appreciate many of you are excited, but we also do expect many of you to respect our decision. All testers were selected by myself and my development team. This was done on a basis of people who are in the community who we can already trust, and not done on the basis of requests.

How much will add-on London cost?
Add-On London is currently expected to be priced at £24.99/27.95 Euros for the download version dependent on where you live, and £28-£30 for the boxed version depending on which site you purchase the add-on from.

Are there any plans for future vehicles post-London release?
Yes, there are plans for a number of vehicles which will be confirmed once development has started on those. The only confirmed vehicle is the Enviro400City, as discussed above.

Will the buses use the same rollband system as the current freeware London B9TL?
Road-hog123 has spent excessive time working on a brand new rollband script to replicate the Mckenna Brother's Powerblinds unit. All buses included in the add-on will feature its own unique powerblind set and does not replicate the example seen in the Volvo B9TL by AD156

This product is now released and can be discussed at Other - [Official DLC] OMSI London

Last edited by a moderator:

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
I dont know if you already said something about this but are the busses different like the evoseti cost an extra £13 etc

I mean, that's just wrong - you buy the package, you get everything in the package. If somebody tries to charge you extra for the buses included in the addon, I suggest you get a refund ;)

I mean, that's just wrong - you buy the package, you get everything in the package. If somebody tries to charge you extra for the buses included in the addon, I suggest you get a refund ;)
There is a Train Simulator route I bought (the 19th century western one) and then I realised the rolling stock came separately after I bought it, in about 3 separate rolling stock packs.

• Sad
Reactions: Lukeo

Advertisement

North London Buses

Bus Enthusiast based in North London.
Nov 5, 2016
There is a Train Simulator route I bought (the 19th century western one) and then I realised the rolling stock came separately after I bought it, in about 3 separate rolling stock packs.
Thats train simulator tho some of the people who develop stuff for train sim(cough just trains) love stealing your money lmao

Aug 10, 2016
Thats train simulator tho some of the people who develop stuff for train sim(cough just trains) love stealing your money lmao

That's a bit harsh tbh, Just Trains have provided some fantastic add-ons for the community. At the end of the day you don't require the rolling stock to actually play the route they are selling, it's only required for the included scenarios. In my opinion it's down to the person purchasing the route to see what they are actually purchasing (With/without rolling stock included) before committing to buy. Love stealing your money? Your not obliged to click the checkout button either if you think it's too much. ;)

Anyway back on topic we go.

Looking forward to London, just upgraded my CPU so hope I can get some pretty good FPS on the street's of London. ????

Darris

The Virtual Bus Driver
Jan 2, 2020
Croydon, United Kingdom
Hoping that someone makes a Gemini 2 Hybrid/Diesel (Arriva London Version). That bus sounds too good to not be in Omsi London let alone Omsi 2 itself????????
Route 197, Arriva London, DW274, LJ59LWX at Croydon-L.jpg
46619561391_6966b5ce24_b.jpg

Ddogb

[CU] - JTR
Jan 1, 2018
South London
Jan 24, 2020
Reactions: Ddogb

Advertisement

LT586

Was Living in the editor
Oct 25, 2016
North
More of these need to come back to Tottenham

I'm in full agreement with this ;)

Sorry to go off topic but AR won’t get these back due to their routes being more central and in areas with ULEZ hence why the 230 is now an emotionless electric bus. Come to Enfield and ride the 121, 191 or 313 which uses DWs. They’re only using these on out skirt routes.

• Sad
Reactions: ELT2003
Sorry to go off topic but AR won’t get these back due to their routes being more central and in areas with ULEZ hence why the 230 is now an emotionless electric bus. Come to Enfield and ride the 121, 191 or 313 which uses DWs. They’re only using these on out skirt routes.

Bet you can’t wait for the Borismasters to take over the 313 from next month. No joke, drivers at Enfield are currently type training for it.

Jonathan

JonOfWilts
Oct 28, 2016
Okay, we're clearly not getting anywhere with this, so I'm changing the topic.

As some of you know, I've been busy timetabling a few routes lately and I did think of an idea. I've already consulted my private discord server about it. But I think it'll be a great poll to ask on here.

Should curtailed routes in Add-On London have every other scheduled bus run as AI Only, displaying the ultimate terminus? - Strawpoll.com

e.g. Route 12 is scheduled to run at every 5 mins, during peak hours in the add-on. However, as the add-on only features the Oxford Circus to Camberwell section, I did have an idea of having every other bus on route 12 as AI only, which will display "Dulwich Library". This would mean the user's version of the 12 would run at every 10 minutes, with the AI buses displaying Dulwich Library filling in those 5 minute gaps. I hope that makes sense? Anyway, please vote in the link above.
I agree with a previous comment on this - it is a clever idea that would enhance the map, but like all clever "extra" ideas IMO they should be shelved for future updates and the focus should be on releasing the core product.

Advertisement

junaid1510

Join my discord: https://discord.gg/QB5bbH4gv9
Oct 20, 2016
Willesden, London
How would the Hail & Ride section work on the 322?
so in hail and ride (london) we do have checkpoints. These are half busstop flags that indicate popular stop rerquests where it is safe to do so. I dont know if they have them on the 322 tho

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    363.8 KB · Views: 95
Reactions: North London Buses
so in hail and ride (london) we do have checkpoints. These are half busstop flags that indicate popular stop rerquests where it is safe to do so. I dont know if they have them on the 322 tho
I'm aware lol, as I live in one. What I mean is, how will it work as those are just the poles where people usually get off however they can get off elsewhere?

LT586

Was Living in the editor
Oct 25, 2016
North
Bet you can’t wait for the Borismasters to take over the 313 from next month. No joke, drivers at Enfield are currently type training for it.

I thought this was fiction when I saw it, must be due to the ULEZ boundary plus the ENXs are in seriously poor condition. Spoke to Peter at E and he confirmed this today. It’ll be interesting but the 279 could do with them tbh. The 313 is a short route

Reactions: North London Buses

North London Buses

Bus Enthusiast based in North London.
Nov 5, 2016
I thought this was fiction when I saw it, must be due to the ULEZ boundary plus the ENXs are in seriously poor condition. Spoke to Peter at E and he confirmed this today. It’ll be interesting but the 279 could do with them tbh. The 313 is a short route
I dont think the routemasters would fit the turn at manor house and also I really wouldnt want it to get routemasters tbh also it would be very intresting to see how they would cope at the fast sections.

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread