London DLC Discussion [RELEASE DATE: 10/12/2020] (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This product is now released and can be discussed at Other - [Official DLC] OMSI London

* Updated 9th December 2017.*
In order to ensure the London WIP thread is solely focused on the Work in Progress developments of London. It's been decided that it will be best to create a new thread for any questions that you may have regarding the features to be included in the add-on.

Prior to asking your questions, please ensure that this has not already been showcased in the WIP topic. Please also ensure that you READ this thread before commenting

Please Note: This thread is not the place to ask for the add-on's release date as I will disclose that once it's time to make it publicly known.

FAQ:
What buses are included in the DLC package?
- B5LH/Gemini 3
  • Citybus 200
  • Citybus 400
  • New Routemaster

What routes are included in the DLC package? (updated)

Do the buses come with an onboard iBus system?
Yes, it's currently being re-scripted to allow it to have a few more functions. These functions will be disclosed at a later date as it's not our top priority.

Can I become a beta tester for one of the vehicles/map?
No, we are not looking for any beta testers. We appreciate many of you are excited, but we also do expect many of you to respect our decision. All testers were selected by myself and my development team. This was done on a basis of people who are in the community who we can already trust, and not done on the basis of requests.

How much will add-on London cost?
Add-On London is currently expected to be priced at £24.99/27.95 Euros for the download version dependent on where you live, and £28-£30 for the boxed version depending on which site you purchase the add-on from.

Are there any plans for future vehicles post-London release?
Yes, there are plans for a number of vehicles which will be confirmed once development has started on those. The only confirmed vehicle is the Enviro400City, as discussed above.

Will the buses use the same rollband system as the current freeware London B9TL?
Road-hog123 has spent excessive time working on a brand new rollband script to replicate the Mckenna Brother's Powerblinds unit. All buses included in the add-on will feature its own unique powerblind set and does not replicate the example seen in the Volvo B9TL by AD156

This product is now released and can be discussed at Other - [Official DLC] OMSI London

Last edited by a moderator:

LT586

Was Living in the editor
Oct 25, 2016
North
I hope Rhys is alright though; all jokes aside a lot of the ribbing is just us anticipating the addon, as controversial as it’s turned out to be; only because of the sheer publicity, just because its London, it’s a city never been represented in simulation before.

But I hope he is alright

Reactions: XxGamerDude90xX

Advertisement

LT586

Was Living in the editor
Oct 25, 2016
North
This will be a big ask but; without offending the easily offended; will the N3 after all this time of it in development go fully to Bromley North, also is the N68 part of the map, as the initial announcements were as posted on the first page. That's all i'd like to know, if not then not a problem :)

Just asking.

Advertisement

ROBLOX Bus Simulators

Founder of TMT and Project Merseyside
Jun 18, 2017
Liverpool
This will be a big ask but; without offending the easily offended; will the N3 after all this time of it in development go fully to Bromley North, also is the N68 part of the map, as the initial announcements were as posted on the first page. That's all i'd like to know, if not then not a problem :)

Just asking.
Seeing as you turned off replies to the conversation you started in DM's and I can't view your profile I'll answer here as afaik this is what the DM was about. I don't question everything, I'm unsure as to why you think that. No I'm not 11, I'm 14. I don't know what you mean as to why you think I'm "putting you down", I stated that we haven't had any updates about the addon and I added a question mark at the end to show that I'm confused as to why people still think it's coming out.

LH275

????????????
Dec 9, 2016
London
I stated that we haven't had any updates about the addon and I added a question mark at the end to show that I'm confused as to why people still think it's coming out.
I'm quite sick of opening up this thread to see a comment such as this. I don't know how many times it needs to be said, nobody can confirm nor deny that progress on London is happening in the background. V3D has given out hints but whether or not they're true is anybody's guess. Rhys has replied to people on the addon's flickr page within the time he hasn't posted on here stating he would rather carry on in private and that is totally understandable. I've say it before and I'll say it again like so many other people also have, this isn't some easy project; It isn't going to get done in a couple of weeks, months or years. A simple map such as Keedlestone has taken several years to convert to OMSI 2 from 1 and that is nothing in comparison to the size of London. Therefore, you can't automatically think it's not coming out merely because it hasn't come out in the time frame you expected it to. You have an opinion you're entitled to have, but there's no point trying to poke around other people's DMs asking why people still think it's coming out. I've seen and experienced the frustration from this whole situation but I've learned to just accept it will take a long time and that's that. I'm not trying to have a go at you or anybody else, I'd just like to stop opening this thread to see that someone's posted the same conversation starter as many times before.

ROBLOX Bus Simulators

Jun 18, 2017
Liverpool
, but there's no point trying to poke around other people's DMs asking why people still think it's coming out.
No, I didn't start the DM. He opened the DM asking why I question everything but turned off further replies so I couldn't answer his question, making it not seem like a question in the first place.

Advertisement

LT586

Was Living in the editor
Oct 25, 2016
North
Some just like to argue and yeah a 14 year old in todays society is one of those it must be their way and thats it. What did Stormzy say? Never too big for the boot, don’t get too big for your boots; Nevermind each to their own. ????

I have high hopes for this project - and future projects will probably be handled in a different way than this one. I hope

Moskie

Fixing timetables brb
Jan 16, 2016
Some just like to argue and yeah a 14 year old in todays society is one of those it must be their way and thats it. What did Stormzy say? Never too big for the boot, don’t get too big for your boots; Nevermind each to their own. ????

I have high hopes for this project - and future projects will probably be handled in a different way than this one. I hope
I don't understand what you or anyone means when you say 'handled in a different way'. What exactly is meant by that?

Reactions: Christofr

ROBLOX Bus Simulators

Jun 18, 2017
Liverpool

This isn't an argument, I had nowhere else to reply to your question as you turned off replies within the DM

Carry on chaps, carry on.
Ok, will do. ;)

I've got a question for @Rhys or anyone else who might know.
What about the Gemini 2 and eVoSeti? Were these cancelled altogether, or will they just act as traffic vehicles?
And also, will you be able to drive them in the future, after London's release? Thanks in advance! :)

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread