London DLC Discussion [RELEASE DATE: 10/12/2020] (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This product is now released and can be discussed at Other - [Official DLC] OMSI London

* Updated 9th December 2017.*
In order to ensure the London WIP thread is solely focused on the Work in Progress developments of London. It's been decided that it will be best to create a new thread for any questions that you may have regarding the features to be included in the add-on.

Prior to asking your questions, please ensure that this has not already been showcased in the WIP topic. Please also ensure that you READ this thread before commenting

Please Note: This thread is not the place to ask for the add-on's release date as I will disclose that once it's time to make it publicly known.

FAQ:
What buses are included in the DLC package?
- B5LH/Gemini 3
  • Citybus 200
  • Citybus 400
  • New Routemaster

What routes are included in the DLC package? (updated)

Do the buses come with an onboard iBus system?
Yes, it's currently being re-scripted to allow it to have a few more functions. These functions will be disclosed at a later date as it's not our top priority.

Can I become a beta tester for one of the vehicles/map?
No, we are not looking for any beta testers. We appreciate many of you are excited, but we also do expect many of you to respect our decision. All testers were selected by myself and my development team. This was done on a basis of people who are in the community who we can already trust, and not done on the basis of requests.

How much will add-on London cost?
Add-On London is currently expected to be priced at £24.99/27.95 Euros for the download version dependent on where you live, and £28-£30 for the boxed version depending on which site you purchase the add-on from.

Are there any plans for future vehicles post-London release?
Yes, there are plans for a number of vehicles which will be confirmed once development has started on those. The only confirmed vehicle is the Enviro400City, as discussed above.

Will the buses use the same rollband system as the current freeware London B9TL?
Road-hog123 has spent excessive time working on a brand new rollband script to replicate the Mckenna Brother's Powerblinds unit. All buses included in the add-on will feature its own unique powerblind set and does not replicate the example seen in the Volvo B9TL by AD156

This product is now released and can be discussed at Other - [Official DLC] OMSI London

Last edited by a moderator:

Rhys

Add-on London Team
Mar 20, 2016
Why don’t people have any patients anymore
Indeed, I agree, plus I spent the first two days of this week in hospital owing to a serious case of tonsillitis. I think the important thing to remember is that the development team and I still haven't given up on producing content. Many other developers would've started new projects/cancelled projects by this point. I'll keep you all posted as things happen, but right now, my main focus is to feel better/finish off any important content before filming any form of trailer.

For now, enjoy my latest C200 screenshot. I have a very cool update planned for the next London update :D

Advertisement

Rhys

Add-on London Team
Mar 20, 2016
@Rhys Sorry i had no idea that you had been in hospital, i hope you get better mate. I didn't mean for my comment to sound horrible.
It's alright mate, don't sweat it. Didn't expect to end up there myself, went to the GP, they sent me to A&E immediately when they saw the size of my tonsils. I'm feeling a lot better now (thanks to my prescribed medication) and have only resumed working on London earlier today.

Glad go hear your feeling better @Rhys! Random question........in this add on wil the ai buses visibly carry more than 2/3 passengers? Just something i noticed today driving on TSLP even when ai traffic and humans are maxed out ai buses seem to have very few or no passengers onboard? Is this omsi in general or certain settings that brainbox like yourself can sort out?

Advertisement

Rhys

Add-on London Team
Mar 20, 2016
Glad go hear your feeling better @Rhys! Random question........in this add on wil the ai buses visibly carry more than 2/3 passengers? Just something i noticed today driving on TSLP even when ai traffic and humans are maxed out ai buses seem to have very few or no passengers onboard? Is this omsi in general or certain settings that brainbox like yourself can sort out?
There are tons of passengers across the map. Buses often get full within the first few stops, should be the exact same with TSLP (see previous youtube videos of TSLP). Perhaps it may be your settings?

BMF NJ

BMF NJ
Jan 24, 2017
It's alright mate, don't sweat it. Didn't expect to end up there myself, went to the GP, they sent me to A&E immediately when they saw the size of my tonsils. I'm feeling a lot better now (thanks to my prescribed medication) and have only resumed working on London earlier today.
I had this, my self however they didn't send me to a&e they prescribed me with antibiotics, however, the pain is so bad tho hope you feeling much better.

There are tons of passengers across the map. Buses often get full within the first few stops, should be the exact same with TSLP (see previous youtube videos of TSLP). Perhaps it may be your settings?
It must be my settings the only time i see ai passengers on buses is if i follow one and let them pick up people, otherwise buses travellin oppisite direction are always empty? Any chance you could screenshot me your ai settings tab so i can match them? Thanks buddy

Why don’t people have any patients anymore
*patience
I spent the first two days of this week in hospital owing to a serious case of tonsillitis.

I'm so sorry to hear that! But I'm real glad to hear you're alright. Also, C200 looks astonishingly awesome!! Great job, mate!
I have two questions, though: Will there also be a regional-spec version of the C200?
And also, will there be a regional-spec version of the C400 (the one with the LED lights)? You know, like this Kernow Kewgh bus right here:
Screen Shot 2018-09-07 at 15.02.25.png

(Picture is my own, took from a movie of my own, at Cawsand, Cornwall)

If you actually were to make regional-spec versions, you could make them deluxe edition only, or post them here as payware in the downloads for maybe £2.99 each. Just a suggestion!

Again, congrats on the C400!

Last edited:
*patience

I'm so sorry to hear that! But I'm real glad to hear you're alright. Also, C200 looks astonishingly awesome!! Great job, mate!
I have two questions, though: Will there also be a regional-spec version of the C200?
And also, will there be a regional-spec version of the C400 (the one with the LED lights)? You know, like this Kernow Kewgh bus right here:
View attachment 33961

If you actually were to make regional-spec versions, you could make them deluxe edition only, or post them here as payware in the downloads for maybe £2.99 each. Just a suggestion!

There will be a regional C200

Reactions: Rhys

Advertisement

Rhys

Add-on London Team
Mar 20, 2016
I had this, my self however they didn't send me to a&e they prescribed me with antibiotics, however, the pain is so bad tho hope you feeling much better.
Thanks mate, and yeah it was very painful, it developed into "quinsy", which is why I had to go to A&E. I'm feeling so much better now though.
*patience

View attachment 33961

Thanks so much, yes a regional C200 is planned for shortly after London's release. I just want to finalise the London models first. The initial release of London will come with an 8.9m and 10.8m version.

The C400 is actually going to be made from scratch at some point after London. We've learnt so many skills since then, and we believe we can make the bus a lot more accurate, and have a lot more variants.
It must be my settings the only time i see ai passengers on buses is if i follow one and let them pick up people, otherwise buses travellin oppisite direction are always empty? Any chance you could screenshot me your ai settings tab so i can match them? Thanks buddy
See below for my settings
1536334228225.png

Thanks mate, and yeah it was very painful, it developed into "quinsy", which is why I had to go to A&E. I'm feeling so much better now though.

Thanks so much, yes a regional C200 is planned for shortly after London's release. I just want to finalise the London models first. The initial release of London will come with an 8.9m and 10.8m version.

The C400 is actually going to be made from scratch at some point after London. We've learnt so many skills since then, and we believe we can make the bus a lot more accurate, and have a lot more variants.

See below for my settings
View attachment 33964
Thankyou @Rhys i can already see my human settings are way off from yours! Thanks buddy and look forward to all future content and updates, im a silent admirer of this project so thanks to you and the team for sticking with it!

Reactions: Rhys

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
Buses always spawn empty whether they are AI or player, which means the passengers onboard are only those that have boarded since they were within the loaded tiles. Quite often an AI bus you pass will have called at no or few stops, so there's not much opportunity for the buses to get full. If you are following or being followed by an AI bus doing the same or a similar route, they might be able to get closer to full.

Rhys

Add-on London Team
Mar 20, 2016
Rhys please don't forget to test the addon with 100% traffic during QA. I like to have some jams around me, but lot of maps generate collisions when set to even 100%, when cars start to block each other at junctions and you have to wait for them to despawn.
Lol, seriously? I think because I've set the ai traffic to be very high in London, by default, in the global.cfg, testing it at 1000 would definitely make OMSI have a fit! I'm sure one of my testers will probably do so anyway, but that just seems crazy haha!

Jonathan

JonOfWilts
Oct 28, 2016
Rhys please don't forget to test the addon with 100% traffic during QA. I like to have some jams around me, but lot of maps generate collisions when set to even 100%, when cars start to block each other at junctions and you have to wait for them to despawn.
Just to clarify - I think you are referring to the setting "Road Traffic Factor" which is a % up to 100%. The other config setting "Road Traffic Max Count" (max 1000) is different and (as I understand it) forms an upper limit on the number unscheduled and scheduled vehicles (there are two separate config settings for these). So crudely I think the algorithm may be : (1) Use day of week + time of day + global.cfg [+ unsched_trafficdens.txt ?] = traffic density then (2) multiple by Road Traffic Factor % to get a new number (unless RTF is 100% which has no effect) then (3) test the answer against Road Traffic Max Count and if the answer in (2) exceeds the RT Max Count then reduce it to RT Max Count otherwise otherwise the answer in (2) is good. There is a lot to test here but you make a good point - when AI traffic is reasonably high (rush hour for example) then junctions should not deadlock themselves. I wish developers would sometimes (where necessary) omit some of the clever (nice to have) turning traffic if it results in traffic deadlocking - which renders the simulation unplayable.

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread