London DLC Discussion [RELEASE DATE: 10/12/2020] (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This product is now released and can be discussed at Other - [Official DLC] OMSI London

* Updated 9th December 2017.*
In order to ensure the London WIP thread is solely focused on the Work in Progress developments of London. It's been decided that it will be best to create a new thread for any questions that you may have regarding the features to be included in the add-on.

Prior to asking your questions, please ensure that this has not already been showcased in the WIP topic. Please also ensure that you READ this thread before commenting

Please Note: This thread is not the place to ask for the add-on's release date as I will disclose that once it's time to make it publicly known.

FAQ:
What buses are included in the DLC package?
- B5LH/Gemini 3
  • Citybus 200
  • Citybus 400
  • New Routemaster

What routes are included in the DLC package? (updated)

Do the buses come with an onboard iBus system?
Yes, it's currently being re-scripted to allow it to have a few more functions. These functions will be disclosed at a later date as it's not our top priority.

Can I become a beta tester for one of the vehicles/map?
No, we are not looking for any beta testers. We appreciate many of you are excited, but we also do expect many of you to respect our decision. All testers were selected by myself and my development team. This was done on a basis of people who are in the community who we can already trust, and not done on the basis of requests.

How much will add-on London cost?
Add-On London is currently expected to be priced at £24.99/27.95 Euros for the download version dependent on where you live, and £28-£30 for the boxed version depending on which site you purchase the add-on from.

Are there any plans for future vehicles post-London release?
Yes, there are plans for a number of vehicles which will be confirmed once development has started on those. The only confirmed vehicle is the Enviro400City, as discussed above.

Will the buses use the same rollband system as the current freeware London B9TL?
Road-hog123 has spent excessive time working on a brand new rollband script to replicate the Mckenna Brother's Powerblinds unit. All buses included in the add-on will feature its own unique powerblind set and does not replicate the example seen in the Volvo B9TL by AD156

This product is now released and can be discussed at Other - [Official DLC] OMSI London

Last edited by a moderator:
The hof file has everything all in one, to prevent confusion to non-London enthusiasts.

Indeed so, the C200A wasn't a serious thing unfortunately.

Also, I'd just like to make a comment to address a couple of things. Aerosoft have accidently uploaded one of our drafts onto their YT channel, instead of the finalised version of the trailer posted on our Facebook page. I'm sure the correct version will eventually be uploaded, but please take no notice of the one they posted.
Secondly, although no one has said this directly to me, @Onionwolf and I worked countless hours over the past month to obtain all the clips needed for the trailer. In fact we were working right up until a few hours before gamescom to ensure the trailer looked good. Some people have made claims that the trailer/map is from 2018, which is absolutely not true, and comments as such just diminishes the hard work that's been put into London. I do want to say of course the map will resemble how it looked in 2018, only things have just been expanded/polished on. I'm developing the same project after all... My goal is to get London done and out to a great standard. But if you do have any constructive feedback, my messages are always open, and I'm always happy to listen. I just wanted to clear those claims up.

I'll be back soon wth more infomation regarding London, and I do appreciate all the support that has been given so far. :)
Many thanks for this, Rhys! I would've totally missed that.

I've just watched the actual trailer, and it looks absolutely amazing! :D
Congratulations to you and @Onionwolf! It really paid off!

Things in particular that I'm looking forward to are the announcements – can't wait to experience them when I'm actually driving! ❤
A new English voice pack (which sounds great by the way!), and the C200. Of course, I'm also looking forward to everything else.????

Thanks again!

We still a go see dis?

View attachment 71662
I believe Masterswitch Studios have started work on an SRM, but that was about a year ago, maybe even more, and I have absolutely no idea if they still plan on finishing it or not. It would be nice to have, but I'm already more than happy that we're getting an NRM. :)

Last edited:

Advertisement

ROBLOX Bus Simulators

Founder of TMT and Project Merseyside
Jun 18, 2017
Liverpool
London looks like a very large and detailed map will it be Divided up into 10 routes rather than load the whole map so you can choose which route you want to drive?
It's possible but highly, highly doubt it. Lots of the routes in the map connect up so it'd mean replacing each and every building and AI tracks paths, custom junctions, etc. It's really not worth it. OMSI only loads in one tile at a time so unless you turn on 'load full map at start' in settings OMSI should only load the one tile that the player bus is on. So having 16 different maps wouldn't make any difference and would likely increase the download size. There wouldn't be any noticeable FPS change if at all

Oct 22, 2016
It appears I need to explain things in more simple terms.
You have this large, highly detailed map. highly detailed buses, busy London streets,16 different routes. You load this in in one chunk and its suppose to run as smooth as silk on everybody's PC.
Looking at the recent screen shots this is an amazing peace of work for one person . I am really looking forward to it. I just wonder how its going to run

LazyGuy222

Resident First Leicester Enthusiast
May 7, 2016
Leicester
You have this large, highly detailed map. highly detailed buses, busy London streets,16 different routes. You load this in in one chunk and its suppose to run as smooth as silk on everybody's PC.
Looking at the recent screen shots this is an amazing peace of work for one person . I am really looking forward to it. I just wonder how its going to run
Which is why you don't load the whole map and you only load the tiles which you are in.

North London Buses

Bus Enthusiast based in North London.
Nov 5, 2016
omsi is really unpredictable so you cant always expect 60 fps 24/7 if you have low frames while playing the map turn down the ai traffic

Advertisement

Should have kept the C200A, but never mind.
I agree... if it hadn't just been a joke, I'd reskin it into the Country Bus livery, just for the laughs.

48285099331_498a694519_b.jpg

(Not my picture, got it from here.)

But it is what it is I suppose. I'm just really excited for Add-On London! ????

Jul 21, 2016

I am sure Rhys has been and is still currently working hard to optimize the map enough to make it accessible to as many OMSI users as possible.

As mentioned by North London Buses, OMSI is unpredictable and not perfect. I would however, recommend every so often uninstalling, remove any Payware/Freeware addons you have, and giving OMSI a fresh install every so often. My most recent refresh helped massively in improving my FPS and stability.

North London Buses

Bus Enthusiast based in North London.
Nov 5, 2016
Has it been confirmed if there’s gonna be a euro 4 trident sound mod for the C400?
I dont think anyone said there would be a euro 4 trident sound mod (correct me if im wrong) and even so Tom1791 made a euro 4 sound mod for the E400 anyways and it wouldnt be that hard to edit it so it would work on the newer E400

Reactions: OmniWink

Advertisement

Trident Fan

Brummie bus driver
Jun 17, 2017
I dont think anyone said there would be a euro 4 trident sound mod (correct me if im wrong) and even so Tom1791 made a euro 4 sound mod for the E400 anyways and it wouldnt be that hard to edit it so it would work on the newer E400
That’s euro 3, I think very few E400 came with that engine it would be nice to have the euro IV version though

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread