London DLC Discussion [RELEASE DATE: 10/12/2020] (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This product is now released and can be discussed at Other - [Official DLC] OMSI London

* Updated 9th December 2017.*
In order to ensure the London WIP thread is solely focused on the Work in Progress developments of London. It's been decided that it will be best to create a new thread for any questions that you may have regarding the features to be included in the add-on.

Prior to asking your questions, please ensure that this has not already been showcased in the WIP topic. Please also ensure that you READ this thread before commenting

Please Note: This thread is not the place to ask for the add-on's release date as I will disclose that once it's time to make it publicly known.

FAQ:
What buses are included in the DLC package?
- B5LH/Gemini 3
  • Citybus 200
  • Citybus 400
  • New Routemaster

What routes are included in the DLC package? (updated)

Do the buses come with an onboard iBus system?
Yes, it's currently being re-scripted to allow it to have a few more functions. These functions will be disclosed at a later date as it's not our top priority.

Can I become a beta tester for one of the vehicles/map?
No, we are not looking for any beta testers. We appreciate many of you are excited, but we also do expect many of you to respect our decision. All testers were selected by myself and my development team. This was done on a basis of people who are in the community who we can already trust, and not done on the basis of requests.

How much will add-on London cost?
Add-On London is currently expected to be priced at £24.99/27.95 Euros for the download version dependent on where you live, and £28-£30 for the boxed version depending on which site you purchase the add-on from.

Are there any plans for future vehicles post-London release?
Yes, there are plans for a number of vehicles which will be confirmed once development has started on those. The only confirmed vehicle is the Enviro400City, as discussed above.

Will the buses use the same rollband system as the current freeware London B9TL?
Road-hog123 has spent excessive time working on a brand new rollband script to replicate the Mckenna Brother's Powerblinds unit. All buses included in the add-on will feature its own unique powerblind set and does not replicate the example seen in the Volvo B9TL by AD156

This product is now released and can be discussed at Other - [Official DLC] OMSI London

Last edited by a moderator:

Jonathan

JonOfWilts
Oct 28, 2016
As I recall (please correct me if this is wrong) the devs for the original London AEC Routemaster previously said this will be released after London. Given the number of years London has already taken, would it not be reasonable to release this iconic bus independently of the London map? There are left-path maps where it can be driven (including The South London Project map available on this site). Just an idea from an ageing original Routemaster fan! Perfectly happy with a Steam DLC.

Reactions: jimmoc

Advertisement

ROBLOX Bus Simulators

Founder of TMT and Project Merseyside
Jun 18, 2017
Liverpool
Have all the pictures gone from flickr?
The Flickr got wiped ages ago, nobody really knows why other than it being old screenshots and it's been updated. He does update the banner and logo every now and then as a mini teaser. I've got loads of respect for Rhys for carrying on with the project for 5 or 6 years and not giving up when his hard drive failed

May 16, 2018
Pronouns
He/Him
As I recall (please correct me if this is wrong) the devs for the original London AEC Routemaster previously said this will be released after London. Given the number of years London has already taken, would it not be reasonable to release this iconic bus independently of the London map? There are left-path maps where it can be driven (including The South London Project map available on this site). Just an idea from an ageing original Routemaster fan! Perfectly happy with a Steam DLC.
i have to agree with jon here about time we get something been about 6 years now

Jan 24, 2020
Have all the pictures gone from flickr?

The Flickr got wiped ages ago, nobody really knows why other than it being old screenshots and it's been updated. He does update the banner and logo every now and then as a mini teaser. I've got loads of respect for Rhys for carrying on with the project for 5 or 6 years and not giving up when his hard drive failed

Maybe a trip to the wayback machine may help you in your quest to find the deleted pictures

IDC.png

Mod note: you have my full permission to delete this post if necessary

Advertisement

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
@whistlehead that offside mirror is out of position and needs to be moved forward and shortened (if possible)

Fairly sure it's been stated in the past that a mirror arm is the least of the C400 inaccuracies..

Yeah as noted the C400 is now solidly out of date, built at a time when London was being made to a different standard. Also included in its list of failings:

- It's about 10cm too narrow (came from Rhys like that and I never thought to check)
- It has an E4 grille with E4 cab mouldings but an E5 dashboard and E5 sounds
- The handrail fittings I bodged at the last moment are just... ugh
- The overhead mouldings by the front doors are also... ugh
- The texturing, while not the worst/heaviest in the world, is still not exactly efficient - too many individual textures for small components
- A lot of the window panels aren't even straight (idek how, I thought I'd straightened them up from what Rhys originally sent me)
- No panel gaps
- No emergency exit (C400R problem only - reason being that the London C400 it's based on didn't have one, and the C400R was only a quick project)
- The front quarterlights aren't backed on to anything, they're only fitted at the edges

Still, in spite of all that, I think at the time it was released it was a component of a major kick-start to the UK modelling scene - we've seen countless new projects since then which have far surpassed it in quality, and those include its own London stablemates.

The bus is currently in Road-hog's hands - I don't even have the model files for the current version - and there are no plans to address the above before release, as it's still a functional vehicle and the time can be spent elsewhere. There has been talk behind the scenes about the work involved to bring it up to scratch - the idea comes around every couple of months - but it's generally left to lie. We might have another look after London's release.

That being said, it has still seen a significant spruce-up from what you've seen in the C400R. It has new doors, (excellent) new sounds, new destination blinds, new temperature controls, etc, so until such a time when we are able to bring it up to standard, at the very least you'll have all the right toys to play with.

Yeah as noted the C400 is now solidly out of date, built at a time when London was being made to a different standard. Also included in its list of failings:

• It's about 10cm too narrow (came from Rhys like that and I never thought to check)
  • It has an E4 grille with E4 cab mouldings but an E5 dashboard and E5 sounds
  • The handrail fittings I bodged at the last moment are just... ugh
  • The overhead mouldings by the front doors are also... ugh
  • The texturing, while not the worst/heaviest in the world, is still not exactly efficient - too many individual textures for small components
  • A lot of the window panels aren't even straight (idek how, I thought I'd straightened them up from what Rhys originally sent me)
  • No panel gaps
  • No emergency exit (C400R problem only - reason being that the London C400 it's based on didn't have one, and the C400R was only a quick project)
  • The front quarterlights aren't backed on to anything, they're only fitted at the edges

Still, in spite of all that, I think at the time it was released it was a component of a major kick-start to the UK modelling scene - we've seen countless new projects since then which have far surpassed it in quality, and those include its own London stablemates.

The bus is currently in Road-hog's hands - I don't even have the model files for the current version - and there are no plans to address the above before release, as it's still a functional vehicle and the time can be spent elsewhere. There has been talk behind the scenes about the work involved to bring it up to scratch - the idea comes around every couple of months - but it's generally left to lie. We might have another look after London's release.

That being said, it has still seen a significant spruce-up from what you've seen in the C400R. It has new doors, (excellent) new sounds, new destination blinds, new temperature controls, etc, so until such a time when we are able to bring it up to standard, at the very least you'll have all the right toys to play with.
Thanks for all that information, Whistlehead! :)
Can't wait! :)

Oct 17, 2016

• It's about 10cm too narrow (came from Rhys like that and I never thought to check)
  • It has an E4 grille with E4 cab mouldings but an E5 dashboard and E5 sounds
  • The handrail fittings I bodged at the last moment are just... ugh
  • The overhead mouldings by the front doors are also... ugh
  • The texturing, while not the worst/heaviest in the world, is still not exactly efficient - too many individual textures for small components
  • A lot of the window panels aren't even straight (idek how, I thought I'd straightened them up from what Rhys originally sent me)
  • No panel gaps
  • No emergency exit (C400R problem only - reason being that the London C400 it's based on didn't have one, and the C400R was only a quick project)
  • The front quarterlights aren't backed on to anything, they're only fitted at the edges

I think it's great that all these mistakes have been identified, and acknowledged, by the London team. It will only result in a much better product being produced and, from what you said, you've made me look even more forward to driving this when the time comes! :D

Reactions: owen6116

Advertisement

This would be a nice addition, a Volvo B5LH Routemaster SRM
View attachment 68220
Actually, I've heard that Masterswitch Studios have started work on an SRM... though it isn't currently being worked on, and I don't know what happened to it or if they even plan on finishing it right now. I agree though. I haven't ever been on one, but I'm sure it would be a nice bus to have. :)

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
So correct me if I'm wrong, in short these inaccuracies that are known about haven't been corrected, and the C400 apart from more functionality, is still similar to the bus released 4 years ago?

Broadly correct. Improvements have been made and problems have been fixed, but those issues which would require a major rebuild have not been addressed.

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread