London DLC Discussion [RELEASE DATE: 10/12/2020] (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This product is now released and can be discussed at Other - [Official DLC] OMSI London

* Updated 9th December 2017.*
In order to ensure the London WIP thread is solely focused on the Work in Progress developments of London. It's been decided that it will be best to create a new thread for any questions that you may have regarding the features to be included in the add-on.

Prior to asking your questions, please ensure that this has not already been showcased in the WIP topic. Please also ensure that you READ this thread before commenting

Please Note: This thread is not the place to ask for the add-on's release date as I will disclose that once it's time to make it publicly known.

FAQ:
What buses are included in the DLC package?
- B5LH/Gemini 3
  • Citybus 200
  • Citybus 400
  • New Routemaster

What routes are included in the DLC package? (updated)

Do the buses come with an onboard iBus system?
Yes, it's currently being re-scripted to allow it to have a few more functions. These functions will be disclosed at a later date as it's not our top priority.

Can I become a beta tester for one of the vehicles/map?
No, we are not looking for any beta testers. We appreciate many of you are excited, but we also do expect many of you to respect our decision. All testers were selected by myself and my development team. This was done on a basis of people who are in the community who we can already trust, and not done on the basis of requests.

How much will add-on London cost?
Add-On London is currently expected to be priced at £24.99/27.95 Euros for the download version dependent on where you live, and £28-£30 for the boxed version depending on which site you purchase the add-on from.

Are there any plans for future vehicles post-London release?
Yes, there are plans for a number of vehicles which will be confirmed once development has started on those. The only confirmed vehicle is the Enviro400City, as discussed above.

Will the buses use the same rollband system as the current freeware London B9TL?
Road-hog123 has spent excessive time working on a brand new rollband script to replicate the Mckenna Brother's Powerblinds unit. All buses included in the add-on will feature its own unique powerblind set and does not replicate the example seen in the Volvo B9TL by AD156

This product is now released and can be discussed at Other - [Official DLC] OMSI London

Last edited by a moderator:
I am pleased to learn that the London Add On is still going ahead. I can fully understand why Rhys has gone very quiet with the news and progress because he can concentrate on making this add-on and with all the new buses and the other UK based add-ons that are coming. I think 2020 will be a good year for OMSI 2 add-on in terms of mods, buses and maps anyway.

I remember when people said 2018 was gong to be an incredible year for OMSI. and 2019. What did we get over those 2 years? Not particularly much.

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
I remember when people said 2018 was gong to be an incredible year for OMSI. and 2019. What did we get over those 2 years? Not particularly much.

Only the E200MMC, ALX400, CitySmart, C400, A21, Yorkshire, Bristol Airport... Yeah not much at all really

Advertisement

Only the E200MMC, ALX400, CitySmart, C400, A21, Yorkshire, Bristol Airport... Yeah not much at all really
I know, right?!
I mean if we got say London, BoTW v3, some extensions to Cotterell, some more routes for Farthington, a Dennis Dart MPD and SLF, an Enivro200, an Enviro300, some Optare Solos, an MCW MetroRider and maybe a DAF DB250 ALX400, the amount of stuff we got would've been acceptable.
But just those you listed? I don't think so... :rolleyes:
2.0_b&w small.png
2.0_b&w small.png
2.0_b&w small.png
2.0_b&w small.png
2.0_b&w small.png
2.0_b&w small.png
2.0_b&w small.png
2.0_b&w small.png
2.0_b&w small.png
2.0_b&w small.png
2.0_b&w small.png
2.0_b&w small.png
2.0_b&w small.png
2.0_b&w small.png
2.0_b&w small.png
2.0_b&w small.png
2.0_b&w small.png
2.0_b&w small.png
2.0_b&w small.png
2.0_b&w small.png
2.0_b&w small.png
2.0_b&w small.png
2.0_b&w small.png
2.0_b&w small.png
2.0_b&w small.png
2.0_b&w small.png
2.0_b&w small.png
2.0_b&w small.png
2.0_b&w small.png
2.0_b&w small.png
2.0_b&w small.png
2.0_b&w small.png
2.0_b&w small.png
2.0_b&w small.png
2.0_b&w small.png
2.0_b&w small.png
2.0_b&w small.png
2.0_b&w small.png
2.0_b&w small.png
2.0_b&w small.png
2.0_b&w small.png
2.0_b&w small.png

• Haha
Reactions: RS1995 and BDotG

BritishRail60062

A Friendly Rail & Transport Fan.
Jan 10, 2017
Northern Ireland
www.youtube.com
Well said mate. There is the Masterdeck and the Masterlite Payware add-ons and the recently released Volvo B7TL ALX400 as well to add to that list. I think the last two years has been grand for bus and map add-ons. Then there is a flood of repaints. Something that was unthinkable in 2016/2017 as most buses that drive on the left back then were the Hong Kong ones ;).

I am still optimistic for London though because although Rhys has been very quiet on its recent progress. I think there could well be an update as the add-on gets closer to release. If the London add-on has been cancelled. I am 99% certain that Rhys would come on here outright and make it official. I am hyped for the London add-on but I would rather have a finished reliable product than something rushed and buggy like a few payware maps that I would mention but I won't bore anyone with the details :).

Rhys has done a grand job and at least the map will be complete and he hasn't done it in "parts" to "milk" the OMSI 2 community for more money by doing it in bits like other video game developers have done so which I frown upon because some game developers take their customers money for granted.

Advertisement

Advertisement

BritishRail60062

A Friendly Rail & Transport Fan.
Jan 10, 2017
Northern Ireland
www.youtube.com
Does that mean that 2020 is going to be an epic year for OMSI 2 add-on's? I mean with London update and the progress with the Enviro 400 MMC pack coming along nicely. I think I am going to be a very busy person. I think I will have to perfrom a fresh installation of OMSI 2 so that it loads up faster like it used to because my game takes about 10 minutes to load from when I click the icon to the game appearing. Unless its Windows 10 being awkward with me.

Does that mean that 2020 is going to be an epic year for OMSI 2 add-on's? I mean with London update and the progress with the Enviro 400 MMC pack coming along nicely. I think I am going to be a very busy person. I think I will have to perfrom a fresh installation of OMSI 2 so that it loads up faster like it used to because my game takes about 10 minutes to load from when I click the icon to the game appearing. Unless its Windows 10 being awkward with me.
Yeah, I guess so ????

I will probably do 3 or 159 with the ex-KMB Olympians but they will need a bit of attention as they haven't been run in a while with all the recent UK buses that have come out and they have been blocked in the back of the depot by Streetlites which will need moving out of the way so I can get them MOT'd before either of them can head to London.

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread