London DLC Discussion [NO RELEASE DATE DISCUSSION]

cmac1985

Apr 10, 2016
Why don't the admins just lock this topic as it's clear there is never going to be any updates. I'm pretty sure if Rhys has updates to post in the future, the topic could be re-opened for further discussion?

D

Deleted member 295

Because that's what the locked updates thread is for, this one is for discussion so it'd be a bit pointless if it was locked from any discussion 😂 There might be someone new one day who has genuine questions or comments in relation to the addon, and this would be the place for it.

LH275

𝘺𝘦𝘴
Dec 9, 2016
Why don't the admins just lock this topic as it's clear there is never going to be any updates. I'm pretty sure if Rhys has updates to post in the future, the topic could be re-opened for further discussion?
Well, although that's a good idea as it would stop people being able to nag etc but this thread isn't just for updates its used for general discussion aswell as that so it would defeat the purpose.

cmac1985

Apr 10, 2016
Well, although that's a good idea as it would stop people being able to nag etc but this thread isn't just for updates its used for general discussion aswell as that so it would defeat the purpose.
Considering the only posts that get posted here these days are people asking for stuff like updates etc then it makes perfect sense..... There have been no new, fresh updates with info about the addon for ages so there is nothing new to discuss.

LH275

𝘺𝘦𝘴
Dec 9, 2016
Considering the only posts that get posted here these days are people asking for stuff like updates etc then it makes perfect sense..... There have been no new, fresh updates with info about the addon for ages so there is nothing new to discuss.
Yes I get that, but that doesn't mean that someone won't eventually have a genuine question they need to ask and therefore need the thread to ask it

D

Deleted member 295

Just because there are no discussion opportunities for current members at the moment, doesn't mean there might not be at some point in the future as said just previously. Threads don't have to be a hive of activity all the time, so it doesn't mean if something goes quiet it has to be locked. Also, people should know not to ask for updates by this point, as is the case for every other thread on this forum, therefore it shouldn't ruin the chance for genuine discussion by locking the thread. If the mods thought it was a necessary move to make, it would've been done.

Reactions: DannyBrooks963

cmac1985

Apr 10, 2016
There can't be that many genuine un-asked questions left to ask as most of them have been asked and answered already.

D

Deleted member 295

Maybe not from what you can think of, doesn't mean somebody else can't. As said, if any of the mods thought it was necessary then it would've been done, that's all there is to it. I'm sure they and all the rest of us would want this thread to go back to relevant discussion bearing that in mind, even if that means this being quiet for weeks/months, so be it.

cmac1985

Apr 10, 2016
There aren't any NEW queries to ask! All people ask for now is the same thing over and over and over again and the usual copy/paste answer is to "read the front page". So what's the point in keeping a topic open if there is nothing new to discuss.

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
Administrator
UKDT
Dec 10, 2015
If a thread is unlocked, it simply means you can post something in it, not that you must. It's simple - if you don't have anything to say, then don't say anything. Clearly there are a stubborn few who just have to say something - people who just don't possess the self-control required to think whether their post is worth posting.

Although locking this thread does mean giving in and giving Mr cmac here what he wants after inciting an argument, it does at least mean I'll have less to clear up later.

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
Administrator
UKDT
Dec 10, 2015
it's clear there is never going to be any updates
I'm not singling you out here, I keep hearing this same "Addon London is never going to be released" remark from many people and I still don't understand why people have to be negative all the time.

If you're interested in Addon London then you'll want it to succeed, no? If so, why attack the developers with negativity? Making a developer think they're a failure isn't going to make them work any faster.

If you're not interested in Addon London, then the negativity makes even less sense - why should you care if it gets released or not? Making people sad, depressed, etc., isn't funny or useful in any way, it just makes you a dick. Don't be a dick on the internet.

TL;DR: if you like a project, leave a nice positive reaction or comment; if you see something that could be improved, leave a constructive comment; if you simply don't like a project then keep your opinions to yourself - leaving a negative comment doesn't help anyone.