London DLC Discussion [NO RELEASE DATE DISCUSSION]

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
Administrator
UKDT
Dec 10, 2015
There's a significant difference between a freeware map that uses a bunch of free building packs and a payware map with entirely custom buildings. The collisions issues you get on freeware maps are the fault of the same few objects with incorrect collisions that get reused all the time because they're very useful. That won't affect London because the objects have been created from scratch with correct collisions.

Either way, I'll be testing the map with collisions enabled, so if I crash into anything then I'll be letting Rhys know so he can fix it. :)

lowe200012

Ballroom Dancer
Mar 5, 2017
@london bus enthusiast different parts of the add-on will be previewed only when they are ready to be, no matter how much you keep asking, the answer will remain the same, until then please be patient like the rest of us.

Reactions: Ddogb

Do'er of administrative things
Administrator
Premium Subscriber
Oct 24, 2016
The only person who can confirm either way is Rhys (but please don't ask him), he hasn't mentioned it's in testing yet but that's not to say it isn't (it's a bit like Schrödinger's cat).

No one else with access can say because of the aforementioned NDA, testers may not even be able to reveal they are testers! Rhys will reveal what he feels is appropriate when he is ready; most developers usually allow testers to post screenshots near release.

Reactions: lowe200012

Dean99

Dec 22, 2016
Just wondering if all the routes in the addon are going to be current when the addon is released? Like for example the route 23 recently had a large routing change and no longer runs between Marble Arch and Aldwych. Not sure about other changes but just wondering if all the routes are going to be fully up to date when the addon is released?

lowe200012

Ballroom Dancer
Mar 5, 2017
Just wondering if all the routes in the addon are going to be current when the addon is released? Like for example the route 23 recently had a large routing change and no longer runs between Marble Arch and Aldwych. Not sure about other changes but just wondering if all the routes are going to be fully up to date when the addon is released?
Your question has been answered several times in this thread, I suggest a bit of light reading and you will find your answer.

Reactions: MarnzZ

Eduardo Messaggi

Nov 27, 2016
It will probably not be up-to-date as its set around 2016-2017, considering the fact that the map is still going through some polishing and final testing I very much doubt there will be alterations made to the routes.

Zlatan9

The Doctor
Jun 16, 2017
The only person who can confirm either way is Rhys (but please don't ask him), he hasn't mentioned it's in testing yet but that's not to say it isn't (it's a bit like Schrödinger's cat).

No one else with access can say because of the aforementioned NDA, testers may not even be able to reveal they are testers! Rhys will reveal what he feels is appropriate when he is ready; most developers usually allow testers to post screenshots near release.
Alright bro thanks for the info

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
Administrator
UKDT
Dec 10, 2015
The windows are a bit different than the ones in the existing buses, like C400, V3D's ALX400, and actually every other bus.
The windows are have like a weird bluish grey tone to them if you look out from the inside... seems a bit odd, I think.
Noted, I agree. The tint on the windows is a bit heavy. I'll adjust the textures so they're more transparent :D
Now that I have the current NRM to examine, I can see what the problem is here: the NRM uses the same window texture both inside and out, whereas the the C400 does the same as the default buses and has a lighter and more-transparent texture for the inside faces of the windows.

The reason for this difference is because OMSI has a fixed lighting system - in reality when you move from the bright outside to the darker interior of the bus, your eyes adjust, but that doesn't happen in OMSI. If you made the interior a realistic brightness it'd be very dark in interior views, so instead the darkness is faked by making the glass darken the interior when viewed from the outside, but not darken the world when viewed from inside.

Jun 28, 2018
Favourite Truck
Peterbilt
Now that I have the current NRM to examine, I can see what the problem is here: the NRM uses the same window texture both inside and out, whereas the the C400 does the same as the default buses and has a lighter and more-transparent texture for the inside faces of the windows.

The reason for this difference is because OMSI has a fixed lighting system - in reality when you move from the bright outside to the darker interior of the bus, your eyes adjust, but that doesn't happen in OMSI. If you made the interior a realistic brightness it'd be very dark in interior views, so instead the darkness is faked by making the glass darken the interior when viewed from the outside, but not darken the world when viewed from inside.
Ooh, that's very interesting! 😮
Thanks so much for sharing this information, Road-hog123! :)

sjain

Aug 3, 2016

Really impressive technique. It's clear you're making the very best use of what you've got! Thanks for your hard work and dedication! :)

LT586

SimJourneys Defunked
Oct 25, 2016
I just like the amount of detail, with Kings Cross / St Pancras down to Brixton and straight on to Streatham (lovely Jamaican restaurant btw lol!) And then into Norwood. Tbh its a mammouth route.

Reactions: MarnzZ