London DLC Discussion [NO RELEASE DATE DISCUSSION]

• It's Alive! ITS ALIIVVVEEEEEE!
    We have successfully restored the content delivery server, thank you for your patience!
  • Unfortunately as part of our ongoing site upgrades we have had to remove our support for linking external Steam accounts. If you are unable to login using Steam, please use the username/email address associated with your account to request a new password to login with here.

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
Administrator
UKDT
Dec 10, 2015
Spoke with Rhys, the Facebook page has been intentionally unpublished.

The only Discord specifically for the addon is for the developing and beta-testing teams and therefore not available to the general public.

Carda

Dec 20, 2018
Lemme rephrase London Bus Enthusiast question: Why has the Facebook page been intentionally unpublished?

BusSimAddict

Part of the Keedlestone Development Team
Jun 1, 2016
Perhaps it was just down to less management needed and so having more attention to focus on the addon itself, or trolls in the comments.

Apr 10, 2016
I would imagine it's been deleted as he'll be quite possibly be fed up with people legitimately asking for even the smallest form of an update as to how the map is progressing? It would be nice to know how it's progressing if it is, that way it might mean people will stop asking for a while.

BusSimAddict

Part of the Keedlestone Development Team
Jun 1, 2016
People wanting to know if there's something new about any addon is bound to happen, it's only curiosity. The issue is when they continue to ask despite the dev previously saying or implying that it isn't appreciated. As a developer, I can completely understand how irritating it gets because most of us see it as if there's an update worthy of being shown, it'll be shown at your own accord and that should be respected. Doing so when asked doesn't stop people asking for very long, besides which the dev hasn't got a responsibility to fulfill every request of that sort, and members of the community shouldn't think it's a right they have.

It was by no means trying to start the whole argument again, I was pointing out a potential (and valid) suggestion as to the reason why it could've been hidden or deleted for the members who might not have thought or realised about that issue, which stands regardless of people's views on it. Now they're aware of it, time to move on :)

junaidstarz

Junaid sheeraz
Oct 20, 2016
I would imagine it's been deleted as he'll be quite possibly be fed up with people legitimately asking for even the smallest form of an update as to how the map is progressing? It would be nice to know how it's progressing if it is, that way it might mean people will stop asking for a while.
Look rhys would not delete a map hes been working on for 5 or 6 years

Rhys

Skrrt Skrrt
Mar 20, 2016
Look rhys would not delete a map hes been working on for 5 or 6 years
It’ll be 4 years, this year. TSLP came out in Nov 2015, but still you’re correct.
plus if people wanted updated on the map why not just join this forum ?
Indeed, I post most of my screenshot updates on Flickr anyway, nowadays. I’ll only going to update the forums when I have content other than screenshots.

Also the FB Page was unpublished for time management, so I don’t have to worry about it for now :)

LH275

"Allons-y, Alonso!"
Dec 9, 2016
that stinks but could you maybe tease us Rhys by maybe showing off the cab of the evosetti :(
The EvoSetti hasn't actually been announced to be drivable or anything yet, from the screenshots I can only gather that it is to be used as AI. Which means there most likely isn't a cab for Rhys to show off

Oct 29, 2016
To be honest, Is the evosetti being released with the pack or will it be part of AI? Because it would be a shame to not be able to drive it.