Logitech Momo

Mar 4, 2015
Favourite Truck
DAF
Hey everyone,

I can purchase a Logitech Momo for a real cheap price (€20-€30,-). It's great for me as I'm now steering with my mouse but a steering wheel would make the experience so much better.
But, I found out it can turn 240 degrees, so 120 degrees on each side. Is this a huge (experience) problem and should I go for a waaaay more expensive G27 or will it fit for someone who has never driven with a steer?

Thank you very much for your support!

Seven

The Dickhead
Administrator
Aug 25, 2014
Favourite Truck
Kenworth
@AmazingAndreaz Try Ebay or similar sites in your country. I got a Logitech DFP (GT without the dial) for a total of £26, brand new it's £120 ish. If you go for lower degrees of rotation you'll find turning is a lot more sensitive and may cause issues when trying to do precise driving or small corrections, for me personally I wouldn't settle for less rotation than 720 degrees overall.

Mar 4, 2015
Favourite Truck
DAF
@AmazingAndreaz Try Ebay or similar sites in your country. I got a Logitech DFP (GT without the dial) for a total of £26, brand new it's £120 ish. If you go for lower degrees of rotation you'll find turning is a lot more sensitive and may cause issues when trying to do precise driving or small corrections, for me personally I wouldn't settle for less rotation than 720 degrees overall.
I understand, I found a G27 for €180,- (in good quality), so the Momo is waaay cheaper. It's a hard choice. The Momo is cheaper, but the G27 is better. But I don't know if the improvements of the G27 are worth the (much) extra money. Also this:

Seven

The Dickhead
Administrator
Aug 25, 2014
Favourite Truck
Kenworth
The Momo is cheaper, but the G27 is better. But I don't know if the improvements of the G27 are worth the (much) extra money.
Myself and any simracer would say save your money for the better quality, sturdier, higher capability wheel. No doubt after you've got the Momo you'll still want to upgrade to something with a more authentic feel for the best gameplay. That picture you added to quote also says more degrees in the rotation is better. Keep looking around, for a few weeks until you find a nice looking DFP/GT/G25/G27 wheel at a decent price. As most say, why settle for less if you really want more?

Mar 4, 2015
Favourite Truck
DAF
Myself and any simracer would say save your money for the better quality, sturdier, higher capability wheel. No doubt after you've got the Momo you'll still want to upgrade to something with a more authentic feel for the best gameplay. That picture you added to quote also says more degrees in the rotation is better. Keep looking around, for a few weeks until you find a nice looking DFP/GT/G25/G27 wheel at a decent price. As most say, why settle for less if you really want more?
Yeah, okay, thank you. I'll look at it.

Mar 4, 2015
Favourite Truck
DAF
seems legit yeah G27 is expansive gear :)
Yes.

I made a decision. The guy who I'm buying the Momo from told me he first had bought a Momo, to look if he liked it. He did and then he has bought his G27.
I'm first going for the Momo. If I like it, I can keep using it and maybe purchase a G27 later :)

Max

TruckSim.Org Ops Manager
Administrator
Jan 12, 2014
Favourite Truck
Volvo
I'd take a look at a DrivingForce GT as an alrernative @AmazingAndreaz, only annoyance is the sound from the force feedback but you get used to it :)

Seven

The Dickhead
Administrator
Aug 25, 2014
Favourite Truck
Kenworth
What is the cheapest Racing w/ pedals and shifter?
It depends where you look. Brand new you can find stuff on Ebay, Amazon, some unknown-brand wheel will be the cheapest but won't be reputable or recommended. The cheapest I know of that's reputable is the Logitech Driving Force Pro / Driving Force GT - I picked mine up on Ebay second hand for 1/10th of it's retail price in perfect condition.

However if you're after a H-Shifter try Logitech G25/G27 or a Thrustmaster, but Thrustmaster can be twice as expensive as Logitech since they use very high quality materials and design to make it as close to real life as they can. A friend in an old racing team I was in bought a Thrustmaster after their G27 broke and they say they'd "never go back, it was brilliantly good."

John Necir Rebellion

Jun 9, 2014
Favourite Truck
Kenworth
It depends where you look. Brand new you can find stuff on Ebay, Amazon, some unknown-brand wheel will be the cheapest but won't be reputable or recommended. The cheapest I know of that's reputable is the Logitech Driving Force Pro / Driving Force GT - I picked mine up on Ebay second hand for 1/10th of it's retail price in perfect condition.

However if you're after a H-Shifter try Logitech G25/G27 or a Thrustmaster, but Thrustmaster can be twice as expensive as Logitech since they use very high quality materials and design to make it as close to real life as they can. A friend in an old racing team I was in bought a Thrustmaster after their G27 broke and they say they'd "never go back, it was brilliantly good."
Good, you save 90% buying a second hand racing wheel.