Logitech G920 Force feedback issue. (1 Viewer)

Mar 15, 2017
Pronouns
He/Him
Hi guys, im trying to use a G920 on OMSI 2 but for the time being i dont want force feedback. I've turned down the settings in OMSI, still get feedback, I've tried changing the steering sensitivity setting in Logitech software, still get feedback. I've noticed when the bus is stopped, the wheel turns just like my Driving Force did, really nice and smooth, as soon as i accelerate the wheel becomes firmer to turn and hitting a curb causes feedback. Oh and enable centering spring setting is not checked.

Is there something im missing or is this an issue with the wheel itself?

Solution
You shouldn't need to do that.

Try this:
Plug in your wheel to the power, load OMSI, check the wheel turns correctly, unplug the wheel from power and then force feedback doesn't work, but main wheel works fine.
Yes mate, you legend! That works perfectly. Been bugging me all day. Thanks alot.
these are the setting I have and I don't have any problems with it
01DEBB57-CFA7-4797-8108-C64E7E5606C0.png
01DEBB57-CFA7-4797-8108-C64E7E5606C0.png

Attachments

• Logitech Gaming Software 10_01_2019 16_43_02.png
    Logitech Gaming Software 10_01_2019 16_43_02.png
    896.4 KB · Views: 233

Advertisement

FirstEnviro

Developer of the Studio Polygon [Redacted]
Studio Polygon
Nov 1, 2016
United Kingdom
Thanks for posting your settings mate. Il try the slider at your settings to see if it helps. So you dont have any issue when you hit a curb, your wheel does suddenly turn and feel weird? Thanks
That's what it's meant to do when you hit a kerb. The wheel isn't meant to be smooth. As you accelerate it becomes harder to steer. If you hit a bump, your wheel shakes a bit, that's just how it is.

Mar 15, 2017
Pronouns
He/Him
That's what it's meant to do when you hit a kerb. The wheel isn't meant to be smooth. As you accelerate it becomes harder to steer. If you hit a bump, your wheel shakes a bit, that's just how it is.
Hi mate, yeah I know that's what it's meant to do with the feedback but I'm trying to disable the feedback. Tried through the Logitech software, tried through omsi by sliding the sliders all the way down and moved the sliders just a little bit up and force feedback is still on.

Edit: I have found a workout around which is to use the debug exe from the logitech steering wheel SDK to sort the feedback issue, then changing the centering spring to 20% then to 0% makes the steering like it was on my Driving Force Pro, nice and smooth. Just a pain having to do it every time I wanna play OMSi, no issues with other games such as ETS2.

FirstEnviro

Studio Polygon
Nov 1, 2016
United Kingdom
Hi mate, yeah I know that's what it's meant to do with the feedback but I'm trying to disable the feedback. Tried through the Logitech software, tried through omsi by sliding the sliders all the way down and moved the sliders just a little bit up and force feedback is still on.
Just unplug it?

FirstEnviro

Studio Polygon
Nov 1, 2016
United Kingdom

Edit: I have found a workout around which is to use the debug exe from the logitech steering wheel SDK to sort the feedback issue, then changing the centering spring to 20% then to 0% makes the steering like it was on my Driving Force Pro, nice and smooth. Just a pain having to do it every time I wanna play OMSi, no issues with other games such as ETS2.

Try this:
Plug in your wheel to the power, load OMSI, check the wheel turns correctly, unplug the wheel from power and then force feedback doesn't work, but main wheel works fine.

Reactions: BDotG

Advertisement

Mar 15, 2017
Pronouns
He/Him

Try this:
Yes mate, you legend! That works perfectly. Been bugging me all day. Thanks alot.

Reactions: FirstEnviro
Solution
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread