Logitech G27- Good? Bad? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisement

I don't own a G27, but I got to play with one for a few weeks on ETS 2. The wheel is amazing, the quality is great, it feels good to grip it, and the force feedback is not loud. I find what takes the cake it is that you have the clutch and H shifter, that added a whole new level to game for me. I also played Formula 2011, and iracing with it, and was not disappointed. I haven't tried any other wheels to compare it to, but I know that that is a very good wheel, and I would buy it if I had the money :p

EDIT: grammar

Advertisement

Jul 31, 2014
I bought one last year and damn do I enjoy it.
I used to have a very crap Logitech wheel from the early 2000's with two pedals, but the G27 is way better than that wheel and it blows keyboard and mouse out of the water IMO.

I think I wont ever play another racing/driving game without it.

Yes, it is very expensive, but for me it's +/- €200 well spent for sure.
If you can afford it, you should really consider buying one.

I have just a few minor issues with it. It won't go in 5th gear every time, sometimes I've got to wiggle it. The pedals get a bit weird after a while, probably a worn out spring or something (THIS WAS AFTER A LOT OF TIME/USE THOUGH!!!) and the wires are a bit short, it'd be nicer if they were longer.
Simulator games aren't very stressful for the wheel, but when I played Dirt, it felt pretty abusive. (Thou I am the sort of person who's really careful with my stuff!)
Another thing is that it's hard to optimize it for games like Mafia 2. You'll need to F about with third party programs that are pretty much always crap.
But those are really, really, really minor issues with it.

The wheel has probably seen over 300 game hours already with ETS, City Car Driving, Dirt, Asseto Corsa and probably a lot more games I forgot to mention.
You bought a great wheel OP!

Advertisement

I'll be getting my G27 this week after months of playing with KB/mouse. Eventually I'll probably pick up TrackIR to complete the experience.

If you have a webcam that is compatible with it (there is a list on their website), you can try FacetracknoIR, a free program that does just about the same thing as TrackIR, except uses your webcam to track your facial movements. You do need to be in a well lit room though.

Reactions: Shripe

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread