Lights On The Hill Convoy/Memorial 2015 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Lights On The Hill Convoy/Memorial is a event every September 28th of every year, i would have attended but it snuck up on me so all i saw was a convoy of trucks behind my house heading to the event (still pretty good) will be going next year anyway, I thought i would share a photo album i found on flickr here

Flickr Album

About Lights on The Hill Convoy/Memorial

Advertisement

CAT doesn't make trucks, they make engines. Most of the American trucks there are probably sporting a CAT engine under their hoods. My Pete has a 580 HP CAT engine.

CAT also makes tractors, like those you see working on roadways and construction sites.
Also a question, since you are a American trucker, is there any sort of interest in Australian built trucks over there?

Also a question, since you are a American trucker, is there any sort of interest in Australian built trucks over there?
Not sure... I know we use Mack trucks occasionally but I think we tend to buy American.

Though I would love to drive one of those road trains, bringing the cab to the US may not be feasible due to certain laws against noise and pollution in many cities.

Advertisement

What Company makes the Best (Torque/HP) Engine now? CAT, PACCAR or Cummins?

I almost want to say CAT because they have some of the best engines in the industry. But their engines are not designed for trucks like freightliner or Volvo, you put a CAT engine in one of those trucks, better make sure you have a strong frame to stand up to the torque and HP that it pushes out.

Most freightliners uses the Detroit Cummins, like mine, and they are awesome. Volvos use the PACCAR and I have never driven a Volvo nor have I driven a truck with that engine in it.

If I had to choose, I would go with a Pete with a CAT.

I almost want to say CAT because they have some of the best engines in the industry. But their engines are not designed for trucks like freightliner or Volvo, you put a CAT engine in one of those trucks, better make sure you have a strong frame to stand up to the torque and HP that it pushes out.

Most freightliners uses the Detroit Cummins, like mine, and they are awesome. Volvos use the PACCAR and I have never driven a Volvo nor have I driven a truck with that engine in it.

If I had to choose, I would go with a Pete with a CAT.
I think Such Companies do not upgrade, update or give importance to a newer truck, like buying new part or new truck maybe because of Monetary Fund of their Company.
What Powerful Frame do you refer? Is it the Chassis?

I think Such Companies do not upgrade, update or give importance to a newer truck, like buying new part or new truck maybe because of Monetary Fund of their Company.
What Powerful Frame do you refer? Is it the Chassis?

I don't think that is the problem. It is simply that companies would rather buy a truck cheaper especially bulk purchases so they buy freightliner who builds with a good chassis and good engines for a good price, trucks like peterbilts are built for tough jobs like heavy hauling so have a stronger chassis and engines.

Average price of freightliner: 50,000$US.
Average price of peterbilt: 60,000$US.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread