Buses Leyland Lynx MK 11.18m (1 Viewer)

I have started making a Leyland Lynx MK1 with a length of 11.18m
The Lynx will be in 3 stages, Static, AI then Drive-able.

Please note that it does take a while and the last picture is just over 2 hours work, so please dont ask when release is for either stage, comments will be ignored.

Static WIP screenshots:

WIP.png
WIP2.png
WIP3.png
WIP4.png
WIP5.png

Advertisement

Advertisement

Mk1 dual door was a single example which passed to West Riding as their 254 and was rebuilt to single door before entry to service.

Only Lothian had dual doomed Lynx and these were Mk2s. Several of these also ended up in Yorkshire with South Yorkshire `motors of Pontefract, but these tow were converted to single door

Rhys

Add-on London Team
Mar 20, 2016
To those who ask - no, there will be no need for a London variant, I think, because London Lynx's, for some reason, never had two doors.
Dual door single deck buses was never really a requirement in London, until TfL came about in the early 2000s. Most new buses that are longer than 9m would
have to be dual door, unless specified otherwise.

nice! any plans athe moment for verations like London or mk2? or just mk1 but either way I love it. omsi needs more older bussses

Advertisement

Street cleaner
Forum Moderator
FF Council
UKDT
Premium Subscriber
Oct 24, 2016
I love Lynx MkIs, always thought they looked good and rather modern for late 80s stuff. Shame they weren't actually that great as a bus.

Jul 27, 2016
Thurso
Small update for today.
Waiting on V3D who is advising/helping me build it to be available to do big changes.

SIde windows with driver cab window now added.
1523194265370.png

Rear lights have also been added with a few extra rear bits to make such as the registration plate.

1523194331906.png

So im trying to do the bits that i can myself then V3D can then look over them and give more advise if its wrong or needs improving.

Advertisement

Users who are viewing this thread