Buses Leyland Lynx MK 11.18m (1 Viewer)

I have started making a Leyland Lynx MK1 with a length of 11.18m
The Lynx will be in 3 stages, Static, AI then Drive-able.

Please note that it does take a while and the last picture is just over 2 hours work, so please dont ask when release is for either stage, comments will be ignored.

Static WIP screenshots:

WIP.png
WIP2.png
WIP3.png
WIP4.png
WIP5.png

May 24, 2016
You probably should have waited until you had a bit more to show. As a result you would have had more attention and anticipation. Neither the less, I wish you luck. It's a nice bus so I'm sure people will enjoy using it.

Advertisement

Jul 27, 2016
Thurso
You probably should have waited until you had a bit more to show. As a result you would have had more attention and anticipation. Neither the less, I wish you luck. It's a nice bus so I'm sure people will enjoy using it.

What my intention is, to show off the bus at stages so it can be seen for those who dont have any idea how they are actually made. Its not an easy process.

Reactions: Callum23

Advertisement

Mikey

Howdy.
Feb 6, 2018
The question lies in who's going to do sounds, if this project gets to that point. Especially with these older buses, and with owners probably a bit finicky about sticking a microphone in certain places, I wonder how hard it'll be to record sounds.
Good point. I definitely think it’d have to be a ‘fluffy’ microphone, as any recordings by mobile phone won’t scrape the surface of top notch quality. Although they are getting close. I took a recording of an E200 Allison which is pretty good but can’t upload it here.

Jul 27, 2016
Thurso
Good point. I definitely think it’d have to be a ‘fluffy’ microphone, as any recordings by mobile phone won’t scrape the surface of top notch quality. Although they are getting close. I took a recording of an E200 Allison which is pretty good but can’t upload it here.

Its way off sounds at this point. but they will be sourced dont panic :)

Advertisement

Nov 27, 2016
ah ok, must of been on a rare occasion, but looks like they do suite the route quite well
Yeah they have used several buses on that route, including Optare Excels around the same time which everyone hated and then the Pointer Darts and Pointer 2 SLF Darts...
And then, in 2003, they got the Scania Omnitowns which lasted until they started getting serious issues, got newer ones from Croydon to serve until the 15 plate Citaros (awfull unreliable rubbish but good sounding) came in.

Advertisement

Users who are viewing this thread