Let's talk monitor setups (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 26, 2014
With the holiday sales coming up, I've decided to upgrade from my 22'' monitor. Just curious how many people play with dual monitor setups or if they enjoy playing with 1 giant monitor, like a 27'' or a 29''? I can't decide if it would be worth it to have 2 separate monitors (probably at 24'' or so) because ETS2 (and eventually ATS) is the only game I really play that often.

I use 2 24'' monitors. For playing ets2 it's been really useful to still have other stuff open and play the game at the same time.
Like that I can watch YouTube, for example and drive. (Not 100% safe though :P)
I would recommend 2 monitors instead of one large one, from my personal experience.

Advertisement

Seven

The Dickhead
Aug 25, 2014
UK
lx-fx.co.uk
I'm sat on the fence. I like two monitors because of the workspace and as Elliot said, two things on different screens. However, after JayzTwoCents upgraded from his 4 monitor setup to a single large monitor I'm in the middle. For me personally, I need more monitors as it just seems right for me, to have separate displays doing different things, when I get my system built I'll be using two 21" monitors and adding a 3rd to use in portrait mode for web pages eventually.

Basically, if you're after gaming and having something else alongside, two monitors is the way. If you want more immersion, sitting closer to one large (21:9) monitor is the way to go.

Reactions: mooby346

Max

-- .- -..-
FF Council
Jan 12, 2014
UK
I used two monitors for a short while (my laptop screen and a spare one we had laying around) and was really useful to have. Didn't use both in game though, saved one for keeping facebook, spotify and everything else on whilst I played on the main one :)

Advertisement

Seven

The Dickhead
Aug 25, 2014
UK
lx-fx.co.uk
Do anyone try to play on his/hers TV? Hehe I tried once but People in the house are complaining...
I used to know a guy who used a TV with his PC. For the best gaming it's impractical as the refresh rates are usually a lot slower. However for a simple system with a spare flat screen lying around as a movie server for example, why not use a TV. :P

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread