Community Involvement Let's Improve The User Experience (1 Viewer)

I am on a mission, A mission to improve the user experience for everyone! I've been in the process of cleaning up the forums over the last week - I seem to be making significant progress on most of my efforts so far.

Generally, I'd like to hear more about what functionality is missing, things we could do to make interaction easier.

I've made a few changes to the options available tonight on user profiles - As the options available were kinda outdated:

• Addition of Steam Profile in "About" tab.
  • Addition of Discord Username in "About" tab.
  • Addition of Twitch Profile in "About" tab.
  • Removal of Google Talk in "About" tab.

Steam and Discord can be set here (w/ Example of proper configuration):
1587885441179.png

Twitch can also be set on the same page:
1587885502962.png

They will be displayed as such on your profile:
1587885611954.png

Let me know your ideas,
@Bones out!

Bones

im a cowdoy
Administrator
FF Council
Sep 19, 2016
Canada
fellowsfilm.com
Pronouns
He/Him
This isn't a suggestion around interaction, but could just make downloads a bit easier to find.

View attachment 63652

Currently, there's 753 repaints on Fellowsfilm and that number isn't going to stop growing any time soon. Not everyone knows the exact repaint they're wanting to download, and may just want to download a select few for a certain bus.
My suggestion is that this repaints category can be split into sub-categories; eg: "V3D Volvo B7TL, MS G3 Pack, SP Lite Pack, SP 400MMC Pack, V3D 200MMC" to make finding repaints a little easier.
And as for downloads that have repaints for multiple buses, maybe a section for "Multi-buses" or something.

I understand the issue when it comes to legacy support here, no one wants to go through 753 repaints and add a tag to assign it to a bus, but for future repaints it could be something to look into?
Rather than adding 'labels' could it be done as a sub category to Repaints? Then you would click 'Omsi' - 'Repaints' then '[Bus type]'. I think that would be better rather than us then having to find the right label to click on. I think that will be better than labels.

Reactions: owen6116

Advertisement

Bones

im a cowdoy
Administrator
FF Council
Sep 19, 2016
Canada
fellowsfilm.com
Pronouns
He/Him
Unfortunately the reason we looked to implement prefix's on downloads instead of putting them in the category list, was due to the size of the list. Prefix's are universal, where categories require an entry for each section we would like to use it.

You can filter ANY existing category/page on the download center by clicking the filters button as seen below:
1588850414039.png

Then,click the prefix field, you will be able to select a single, or multiple prefix's to narrow down your search.
1588850393441.png

Hope this clarifies the search features.

TAC

Wants a Royale with cheese
FF Council
Dec 10, 2015
versob.it
Deleted members should be removed already? We're working on a way of showing banned members more prominently, so then you will be able to unfollow them yourself if you choose to - this shouldn't really be a massive issue though as we very rarely permanently ban members, and you may obviously still want to follow someone who is temporarily banned once their account becomes active again.
@Ecronbuses Following up on this, I've just noticed this has been reported as a bug to the XF devs: Fixed - Why do banned/disabled members show in the following/follower lists?

Banned members shouldn't show in following lists when we next upgrade XF.

Reactions: Albastru

amelia

maybe i'm just thinking too much
Apr 13, 2016
North Yorkshire
amethyst-studios.start.page
Pronouns
She/Her
We've also added a Spotify integration to allow you to directly link to your profile, and automatically show you current listening on your profile:
View attachment 63471

To add on to this, would it be possible to have the button underneath our usernames on posts as well? It's just so it's a bit more visible.
Untitdfsdled.png

Totally cool if not though, I understand if it'll be too much of a pain to do ????

Reactions: TAC and Max

iomex

UKDT
Dec 10, 2015
Something I'd find useful for developers is either a blog system on here, or the ability to select a 'post type' to be a 'blog', i.e., posts you make are read-only to everyone except OP. Comments (if enabled) are nested in a comments section under each post - kind of like someone's Facebook wall.

Reason being is you have a development thread from someone, they make a post and it is followed by pages of sometimes inane chatter. With a blog-style system, each post is from OP, so it's a lot neater and more readable, whilst still retaining the ability for participation in the comments.

This thread is more than 2 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread