Buses [LDT] Leyland National Mk1 (1 Viewer)

whoa!_larger_national_gif!.gif

That's right, folks, I'm working on a Leyland National Mk1!
After a long wait, Leyland Development Team (LDT) strikes its magic wand on that beautifully ancient and overgrown-with-moss stone of WIP threads, bringing some fresh new light into the scene!

ancient_stone.png

FAQ:
• Will you do the Mk2 version of the Leyland National as well as Mk1?
Probably yes, but it will take quite a while until I get the Mk1 National finished (absolutely no idea when that'll be), so don't expect anything on that in the near future.
• Do you have a rough estimate on when the release will be?
As I already said above, I have no idea on when the bus will be ready for release.
• Can I be an alpha or beta tester?
I don't know yet. I'm not saying "No" right away, but I'm not saying "Yes" either. Maybe, maybe not.
Alpha and Beta testers will be chosen at a later date, when it's even applicable to talk about it.
• Will there also be variants with the smaller roof-mounted heating pod and also ones without one entirely?
I do plan on doing the different variants of the roof pod as a setvar, so yes.
I'm not entirely sure though, we'll see. Let's just say: If I can figure out how to do it, yes. :)
• Some variants of the National had fog lights... do you plan on doing those as a setvar as well?
Yes, I do! :D In fact, I've already modelled the foglighted bumper!
• Will the bus come with a cab and interior?
Well, of course! What did you think?! 😄
• The "Streets of LOTUS" module for LOTUS-Simulator is out... do you think you'll do a port for that as well?
Okay so I don't have LOTUS-Simulator yet, but if I do, and if I have the module, and if I get some scripting and coding experience with that, and I understand it: Yes. :)

In conclusion:
I am extremely eager to share more news with you as I improve the model of this bus more and more, and I will do my best to give you updates as regular as possible, and I hope that you are as excited for this bus as I am.

Credits:
@LeylandNationalStagecoach (founder)
@Ecronbuses (co-founder, Discord server set-up and support)

But... I WANT MORE!! MORE MORE MORE!!
Want to be kept up-to-date with this project and others?
Want to be in a kind and loving community focused on buses and OMSI 2?
Have a Discord account? 😏
I've got just the thing for you...

Join the Leyland Developments Server today! It's simple, just click the link below!

- - - [LDS] Leyland Developments Server - - -

whoa!_larger_rear_national_gif!.gif

Last edited:

LeylandNationalStagecoach

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
That's some great work, this is looking grand! Here's some liveries I'd love to see on the National. If you don't include them it's no bother, just a suggestion. ;)
Obligatory not my photos. Taken from Hattons website and Flickr. hattons.co.uk - EFE 17507 Leyland National MkII s/deck bus "Merseybus" The World's newest photos of leyland and merseyside - Flickr Hive Mind & CMT Leyland National URB 317S
View attachment 56376View attachment 56377View attachment 56378
Thank you very much for saying that it's looking grand, I really appreciate it! ????
Yeah I'll add those to the list, they seem pretty straightforward to do. :)
Any particular interior seat moquettes?
Just a heads up, those badges at the front will be done as setvars. ;)

• Love
Reactions: Matty_T_98

Matty_T_98

Casual Observer
Mar 6, 2017
Liverpool
Thank you very much for saying that it's looking grand, I really appreciate it! ????
Yeah I'll add those to the list, they seem pretty straightforward to do. :)
Any particular interior seat moquettes?
Just a heads up, those badges at the front will be done as setvars. ;)
Noice! Thank you very much! :D
I'm not 100% sure on the moquettes for the 1st & 2nd pics, but looking closely at the 2nd pic I think this is close to what would've been used. FBA106 HOLDSWORTH MOQUETTE
5546501759_073f574c2e_m.jpg

As for the 3rd I haven't a clue. The last time I travelled on a CMT bus it was a Dennis Dart on the 284 in a pushchair. I can't remember the smaller details that far back.

Advertisement

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
Noice! Thank you very much! :D
I'm not 100% sure on the moquettes for the 1st & 2nd pics, but looking closely at the 2nd pic I think this is close to what would've been used. FBA106 HOLDSWORTH MOQUETTE
View attachment 56380
As for the 3rd I haven't a clue. The last time I travelled on a CMT bus it was a Dennis Dart on the 284 in a pushchair. I can't remember the smaller details that far back.
Ah, I see...
Thanks for that moquette, I'll be sure to use it! :D
Also, pushchair... ???? Hope you're okay now!

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
Pushchair meaning a pram/buggy. This thing with too many names. Not a wheelchair ???? Sorry for the confusion.View attachment 56381
Ahh right I get it! ????
Don't worry, good to hear you're all fine! ????
Just thought it was a wheelchair because you said "in" a pushchair. And since I don't think you'd remember what kind of bus you were in as a baby, I thought wheelchair, haha ????

Last edited:
Reactions: Matty_T_98

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
flash flash.gif
Reversing beep beep.gif

Right, update time. Changelog:
  • Added light textures (courtesy of @Road-hog123 aside from the headlight texture, which will be swapped eventually)
  • Improved shape of marker light cluster (rounded it off on the inside)
  • Made the side and rear windows shorter
  • Re-did side indicator
  • Re-did rear light cluster
  • Added rear vent
  • Added rear Leyland badge
Hope you enjoy! :)

flash flash side.gif

By the way: I know the side indicator's broken on the rear pic – a wire snapped.

Last edited:

Advertisement

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
Screen Shot 2020-01-01 at 16.15.06.png

Update: Improved the area around the headlights and added placeholder interior floor, behind-the-driver-wall (It'll be made out of glass eventually, don't worry), and also placeholder text for where the blinds will be. Note though that if I can't work out how to do rollblinds, the first version of the bus will feautre flipdot displays instead.

View attachment 56703

Update: Improved the area around the headlights and added placeholder interior floor, behind-the-driver-wall (It'll be made out of glass eventually, don't worry), and also placeholder text for where the blinds will be. Note though that if I can't work out how to do rollblinds, the first version of the bus will feautre flipdot displays instead.
Ask around a bit and i'm sure someone such as @Road-hog123 might be able to help you. looks amazing though keep up the good work!

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
Screen Shot 2020-01-12 at 22.32.12.png
Screen Shot 2020-01-12 at 22.31.08.png

Would also post this on the LDS, but I was literally unable to.

So first off, hello! I know it's been a while since I posted something on here.
And for people who have joined the LDS, they'd have probably noticed that I
was quite absent for like three weeks now. Or from any other Discord server,
for that matter. This is because there was (and still is) an issue with verifying
my Discord account.
The verification email that Discord has automatically sent
to me, never came. I never received it. Having found out that this was on my email
provider's side, I attempted to change my email address using the button on the
verification page, but that just did absolutely nothing. It wasn't clickable, even though

the hand symbol showed up when mousing over it.
I've opened a Discord ticket, and
after a couple of messages back and forth which didn't help resolve the issue, I am
now waiting for a response from Discord Support.

Screen Shot 2020-01-12 at 22.31.37.png

So... let's talk Leyland National!

Here's the changelog! It's not much, but it's certainly something!
  • Added lots of rivets! (side ones will be fixed, don't worry)
  • Added a foglighted variant of the bumper! (Finally!)
  • Added the front numberplate!
  • Added a "NATIONAL" badge on the front!
  • Realistified the wiper support's position!
screen-shot-2020-01-14-at-17-18-10-png.57119

As always...
I look forward to hearing each and every one of your opinions! ????

Until next time! :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-01-14 at 17.18.10.png
    Screen Shot 2020-01-14 at 17.18.10.png
    905.3 KB · Views: 502
Last edited:

FlutterSTAR

Speed-freak Driver with a feminine touch...
May 14, 2017
United Kingdom
Honestly, this bus takes me back to my childhood! It's not a very "girly" thing, but this has literally been a dream bus since then. And now, seeing it coming to OMSI and LOTUS makes me extremely excited to drive this! But I do have one question about it, though.

Is this bus actually have a manual or an automatic gearbox? I really can't remember since it's been a few years since I've even seen one in reality. Either way, I wish you all the best and luck with this outstanding project! ????

Advertisement

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
Honestly, this bus takes me back to my childhood! It's not a very "girly" thing, but this has literally been a dream bus since then. And now, seeing it coming to OMSI and LOTUS makes me extremely excited to drive this! But I do have one question about it, though.

Is this bus actually have a manual or an automatic gearbox? I really can't remember since it's been a few years since I've even seen one in reality. Either way, I wish you all the best and luck with this outstanding project! ????
Hi!
I'm really happy you're excited for my bus project! :D
So it'll first come to OMSI 2, and when I've got all the LOTUS stuff I'll port it to that. Can't say when though, because after I've learned how to script stuff for OMSI 2, I will have to learn a completely new system for LOTUS. But I will try to bring it to LOTUS as well, some time after the OMSI 2 release! ????

As for the gearbox, it's what @HD Transport said. So basically just take a look at the gearbox of the Leyland Fleetline from Farthington, it'll use a very similar one. :)
Thanks a lot for the luck & compliments, I really appreciate it! ????
Great progress I can't wait for it to be released
Thank you too, neither can I to be honest! :D

Think they're Semi-Automatic, meaning the driver changes the gears but they don't have to operate the clutch themselves.
Thanks for the info! :)

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2017
Looking great so far. However, I do have a few tips and suggestion.

Firstly, as shown in the first picture the windscreen is a tad sharp-looking, perhaps try beveling these bits so that they are nice and smooth. Secondly, the rivets look very high poly, once you get it into OMSI along with everything else they game may lag due to the polys. Instead, try making a texture to simulate the rivets. Lastly, you probably already are but make sure you use 'Edge Split' modifier so you can make your edges sharp and defined.

Just something for you to think about there. Keep up the good progress!

1.PNG

2.PNG

Reactions: OmniWink

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
Looking great so far. However, I do have a few tips and suggestion.

Firstly, as shown in the first picture the windscreen is a tad sharp-looking, perhaps try beveling these bits so that they are nice and smooth. Secondly, the rivets look very high poly, once you get it into OMSI along with everything else they game may lag due to the polys. Instead, try making a texture to simulate the rivets. Lastly, you probably already are but make sure you use 'Edge Split' modifier so you can make your edges sharp and defined.

Just something for you to think about there. Keep up the good progress!

View attachment 58641
View attachment 58642
Thank you very much!
That sharp bit you're seeing in the top picture is actually the screen behind the driver, I think.
But yes, I have smoothened the windscreen rim and windscreen itself out a bit.
Rear edge has been done too, and as I said, the side rivets will be completely re-done.
As for the rivets being just on the texture, maybe. If it becomes a performance issue. :)
And yes, I am already using Edge Split.
Thanks a bunch for all the advice! :D

Last edited:
Reactions: TEEJ

Advertisement

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread