Buses [LDT] Leyland National Mk1 (1 Viewer)

whoa!_larger_national_gif!.gif

That's right, folks, I'm working on a Leyland National Mk1!
After a long wait, Leyland Development Team (LDT) strikes its magic wand on that beautifully ancient and overgrown-with-moss stone of WIP threads, bringing some fresh new light into the scene!

ancient_stone.png

FAQ:
• Will you do the Mk2 version of the Leyland National as well as Mk1?
Probably yes, but it will take quite a while until I get the Mk1 National finished (absolutely no idea when that'll be), so don't expect anything on that in the near future.
• Do you have a rough estimate on when the release will be?
As I already said above, I have no idea on when the bus will be ready for release.
• Can I be an alpha or beta tester?
I don't know yet. I'm not saying "No" right away, but I'm not saying "Yes" either. Maybe, maybe not.
Alpha and Beta testers will be chosen at a later date, when it's even applicable to talk about it.
• Will there also be variants with the smaller roof-mounted heating pod and also ones without one entirely?
I do plan on doing the different variants of the roof pod as a setvar, so yes.
I'm not entirely sure though, we'll see. Let's just say: If I can figure out how to do it, yes. :)
• Some variants of the National had fog lights... do you plan on doing those as a setvar as well?
Yes, I do! :D In fact, I've already modelled the foglighted bumper!
• Will the bus come with a cab and interior?
Well, of course! What did you think?! 😄
• The "Streets of LOTUS" module for LOTUS-Simulator is out... do you think you'll do a port for that as well?
Okay so I don't have LOTUS-Simulator yet, but if I do, and if I have the module, and if I get some scripting and coding experience with that, and I understand it: Yes. :)

In conclusion:
I am extremely eager to share more news with you as I improve the model of this bus more and more, and I will do my best to give you updates as regular as possible, and I hope that you are as excited for this bus as I am.

Credits:
@LeylandNationalStagecoach (founder)
@Ecronbuses (co-founder, Discord server set-up and support)

But... I WANT MORE!! MORE MORE MORE!!
Want to be kept up-to-date with this project and others?
Want to be in a kind and loving community focused on buses and OMSI 2?
Have a Discord account? 😏
I've got just the thing for you...

Join the Leyland Developments Server today! It's simple, just click the link below!

- - - [LDS] Leyland Developments Server - - -

whoa!_larger_rear_national_gif!.gif

Last edited:

P674 MLE

P674 MLE and P675 MLE are now in Preservation ! !
Apr 6, 2018
www.flickr.com
Nice! :)

Same!
Thank you. :)

(You kind of sound like a pirate, "I be", hehe ????)
i have made a very detailed description of the bus for you it goes on the right when your spawning if you like it add it to the .bus file under the [description} bit
it took me a long time to type this all most of the info is from Wikipedia but rewritten in a different way hope you like it ( its very long XD )

Attachments

• Lelyand National Description.txt
    4.5 KB · Views: 48
  • Love
Reactions: CLIVEO
Feb 14, 2018
I have included several photos of 1 of the demonstrators that lives at Workington, WHH 556S, with the local trust. Hopefully these might help somewhat. She has a DAF engine. Also included some of fellow CHH 210T it lives with. There is many nationals with the trust up here.

IMG_1526.JPG IMG_1527.JPG IMG_1569.JPG IMG_3145.JPG IMG_3148.JPG IMG_3276.JPG IMG_3364.JPG IMG_1757.JPG IMG_1761.JPG

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: P674 MLE

Advertisement

LeylandNationalStagecoach

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
I have made a very detailed description of the bus for you it goes on the right when your spawning if you like it add it to the .bus file under the [description} bit
it took me a long time to type this all most of the info is from Wikipedia but rewritten in a different way hope you like it ( its very long XD )
Thank you very very much, I love it!!
I'll use it! :)

I have included several photos of 1 of the demonstrators that lives at Workington, WHH 556S, with the local trust. Hopefully these might help somewhat. She has a DAF engine.

View attachment 55672
Also included is CHH 210T that it lives with.

View attachment 55665View attachment 55673View attachment 55666View attachment 55667View attachment 55668View attachment 55669View attachment 55670View attachment 55671
Thank you so very much for all of these pictures, they're all beautifully lovely!! That one pic of WHH 556S beside a Stagecoach Gold bus as well! ????
Sidenote: At first, when I saw the dashboard picture, I thought "that speed dial is unusually modern-looking..." and then I noticed it's a smartphone, hehe ????
(Is the actual speed dial broken?)

Again, thanks a bunch! I'll be sure to include you in the credits section of the description as well, as well as on a classic-styled credits-livery, like V3D did with the Patreon's Bus livery for his 8.9m Enviro200 MMC! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: KsW22 and P674 MLE

CLIVEO

A Real Crosville Bus Fan
Sep 13, 2018
View attachment 55596

That's right, folks, I'm working on a Leyland National Mk1!
After a long wait, Leyland Development Team (LDT) strikes its magic wand on that beautifully ancient and overgrown-with-moss stone of WIP threads, bringing some fresh new light into the scene!

View attachment 55598

FAQ:
• Will you do the Mk2 version of the Leyland National as well as Mk1?
Probably yes, but it will take quite a while until I get the Mk1 National finished (absolutely no idea when that'll be), so don't expect anything on that in the near future.
• Do you have a rough estimate on when the release will be?
As I already said above, I have no idea on when the bus will be ready for release.
• Can I be an alpha or beta tester?
I don't know yet. I'm not saying "No" right away, but I'm not saying "Yes" either. Maybe, maybe not.
Alpha and Beta testers will be chosen at a later date, when it's even applicable to talk about it.
• Will there also be variants with the smaller roof-mounted heating pod and also ones without one entirely?
I do plan on doing the different variants of the roof pod as a setvar, so yes.
I'm not entirely sure though, we'll see. Let's just say: If I can figure out how to do it, yes. :)
• Some variants of the National had fog lights... do you plan on doing those as a setvar as well?
Yes, I do! :D
• Will the bus come with a cab and interior?
Well, of course! What did you think?! ????
• Once the "Streets of LOTUS" module for LOTUS-Simulator releases, will you do a version for that as well?
Okay so I don't have LOTUS-Simulator yet, but once I do, once I have the module, and once I get some scripting and coding experience with that, and I understand it: Yes. :)

In conclusion:
I am extremely eager to share more news with you as I improve the model of this bus more and more, and I will do my best to give you updates as regular as possible, and I hope that you are as excited for this bus as much as I am.

Credits:
@LeylandNationalStagecoach (founder)
@Ecronbuses (co-founder, Discord server set-up and support)

But... I WANT MORE!! MORE MORE MORE!!
Want to be kept up-to-date with this project and others?
Want to be in a kind and loving community focused on buses and OMSI 2?
Have a Discord account? ????
I've got just the thing for you...

Join the Leyland Development Server today! It's simple, just click the link below!

- - - [LDS] Leyland Development Server - - -

View attachment 55597
excellent can not wait for this baby :)

Feb 14, 2018
Thank you so very much for all of these pictures, they're all beautifully lovely!! That one pic of WHH 556S beside a Stagecoach Gold bus as well! ????
Sidenote: At first, when I saw the dashboard picture, I thought "that speed dial is unusually modern-looking..." and then I noticed it's a smartphone, hehe ????
(Is the actual speed dial broken?)

Again, thanks a bunch! I'll be sure to include you in the credits section of the description as well, as well as on a classic-styled credits-livery, like V3D did with the Patreon's Bus livery for his 8.9m Enviro200 MMC! :)

Thanks very much! I have many more pics of many nationals ive took over the years i just didnt want to spam a post with them all haha. Should you need anymore particular reference pics just send me a message as i can probably dig some photos out or even call to the local trust down the road from me. (Am a volunteer member of the trust)

In regards to the smartphone, that was used by the drivers when attending rallies as a satnav by google maps as quite often been situated in West Cumbria a round trip often was a few hundred miles which the nationals travelled with ease & still carry on afterwards!

I have 2 videos, 1 of 556 & 210 which were taken on private runs.

LeylandNationalStagecoach

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
Thanks very much! I have many more pics of many nationals ive took over the years i just didnt want to spam a post with them all haha. Should you need anymore particular reference pics just send me a message as i can probably dig some photos out or even call to the local trust down the road from me. (Am a volunteer member of the trust)

In regards to the smartphone, that was used by the drivers when attending rallies as a satnav by google maps as quite often been situated in West Cumbria a round trip often was a few hundred miles which the nationals travelled with ease & still carry on afterwards!

I have 2 videos, 1 of 556 & 210 which were taken on private runs.

You're very welcome, also, thanks so much for these!!
I will! :)

Advertisement

Advertisement

Matty_T_98

Casual Observer
Mar 6, 2017
Liverpool
Reactions: Albastru

Advertisement

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread