Buses [LDT] Leyland National Mk1 (1 Viewer)

whoa!_larger_national_gif!.gif

That's right, folks, I'm working on a Leyland National Mk1!
After a long wait, Leyland Development Team (LDT) strikes its magic wand on that beautifully ancient and overgrown-with-moss stone of WIP threads, bringing some fresh new light into the scene!

ancient_stone.png

FAQ:
• Will you do the Mk2 version of the Leyland National as well as Mk1?
Probably yes, but it will take quite a while until I get the Mk1 National finished (absolutely no idea when that'll be), so don't expect anything on that in the near future.
• Do you have a rough estimate on when the release will be?
As I already said above, I have no idea on when the bus will be ready for release.
• Can I be an alpha or beta tester?
I don't know yet. I'm not saying "No" right away, but I'm not saying "Yes" either. Maybe, maybe not.
Alpha and Beta testers will be chosen at a later date, when it's even applicable to talk about it.
• Will there also be variants with the smaller roof-mounted heating pod and also ones without one entirely?
I do plan on doing the different variants of the roof pod as a setvar, so yes.
I'm not entirely sure though, we'll see. Let's just say: If I can figure out how to do it, yes. :)
• Some variants of the National had fog lights... do you plan on doing those as a setvar as well?
Yes, I do! :D In fact, I've already modelled the foglighted bumper!
• Will the bus come with a cab and interior?
Well, of course! What did you think?! 😄
• The "Streets of LOTUS" module for LOTUS-Simulator is out... do you think you'll do a port for that as well?
Okay so I don't have LOTUS-Simulator yet, but if I do, and if I have the module, and if I get some scripting and coding experience with that, and I understand it: Yes. :)

In conclusion:
I am extremely eager to share more news with you as I improve the model of this bus more and more, and I will do my best to give you updates as regular as possible, and I hope that you are as excited for this bus as I am.

Credits:
@LeylandNationalStagecoach (founder)
@Ecronbuses (co-founder, Discord server set-up and support)

But... I WANT MORE!! MORE MORE MORE!!
Want to be kept up-to-date with this project and others?
Want to be in a kind and loving community focused on buses and OMSI 2?
Have a Discord account? 😏
I've got just the thing for you...

Join the Leyland Developments Server today! It's simple, just click the link below!

- - - [LDS] Leyland Developments Server - - -

whoa!_larger_rear_national_gif!.gif

Last edited:

LeylandNationalStagecoach

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
Any chance of making the Leyland-DAB version too?

Fun fact: I was actually thinking about doing it too.
Answer: Once I know how to import custom objects into OMSI 2, and once I know how to script and make the bus drive, and once the actual Leyland National is done, I might attempt to learn how to do bendy buses for OMSI 2, and once I know all that, yes, I think I will attempt to do the DAB. :)
Might actually do fictional ones as well, like a variant with East Lancs Flyte-esque lights (normal National lights, but higher up), and/or the older DAB as well. ;)
Thanks for your interest!

Last edited:
Reactions: KsW22 and P674 MLE

Advertisement

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
this project looks promising and it would be excellent to drive more vintage buses from defunct companies such as Leyland Truck and Bus instead of the usual Enviro 200 or dennis trident (Don't get me wrong the trident is a lovely bus to drive) i hope you do well with the National. All the best!
Many thanks, and yes, I agree! :)

Reactions: P674 MLE

P674 MLE

P674 MLE and P675 MLE are now in Preservation ! !
Apr 6, 2018
www.flickr.com
View attachment 55596

That's right, folks, I'm working on a Leyland National Mk1!
After a long wait, Leyland Development Team (LDT) strikes its magic wand on that beautifully ancient and overgrown-with-moss stone of WIP threads, bringing some fresh new light into the scene!

View attachment 55598

FAQ:
• Will you do the Mk2 version of the Leyland National as well as Mk1?
Probably yes, but it will take quite a while until I get the Mk1 National finished (absolutely no idea when that'll be), so don't expect anything on that in the near future.
• Do you have a rough estimate on when the release will be?
As I already said above, I have no idea on when the bus will be ready for release.
• Can I be an alpha or beta tester?
I don't know yet. I'm not saying "No" right away, but I'm not saying "Yes" either. Maybe, maybe not.
Alpha and Beta testers will be chosen at a later date, when it's even applicable to talk about it.
• Will there also be variants with the smaller roof-mounted heating pod and also ones without one entirely?
I do plan on doing the different variants of the roof pod as a setvar, so yes.
I'm not entirely sure though, we'll see. Let's just say: If I can figure out how to do it, yes. :)
• Some variants of the National had fog lights... do you plan on doing those as a setvar as well?
Yes, I do! :D
• Will the bus come with a cab and interior?
Well, of course! What did you think?! ????
• Once the "Streets of LOTUS" module for LOTUS-Simulator releases, will you do a version for that as well?
Okay so I don't have LOTUS-Simulator yet, but once I do, once I have the module, and once I get some scripting and coding experience with that, and I understand it: Yes. :)

In conclusion:
I am extremely eager to share more news with you as I improve the model of this bus more and more, and I will do my best to give you updates as regular as possible, and I hope that you are as excited for this bus as much as I am.

Credits:
@LeylandNationalStagecoach (founder)
@Ecronbuses (co-founder, Discord server set-up and support)

But... I WANT MORE!! MORE MORE MORE!!
Want to be kept up-to-date with this project and others?
Want to be in a kind and loving community focused on buses and OMSI 2?
Have a Discord account? ????
I've got just the thing for you...

Join the Leyland Development Server today! It's simple, just click the link below!

- - - [LDS] Leyland Development Server - - -

View attachment 55597
it looks wonderful always loved the national good luck with it mate

Advertisement

Advertisement

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
Ikr they are great buses
I'm sure they are. :)

Might actually do a Greenway one. ;)
What repaints are you planning? If you're taking ideas I put up Maidstone & District.
View attachment 55655View attachment 55656View attachment 55658View attachment 55659View attachment 55660
Glad you asked, because weirdly enough, I haven't even thought of repaints yet.
I'll probably include Maidstone & District, because:
1) It looks pretty simple and straightforward to do, and
2) You've requested it! :)
So the liveries the bus will come with will probably be:
  • (Maidstone & District)
  • Brighton & Hove BH1
  • Brighton & Hove BH2
  • Brighton & Hove BH3 (prototypical)
  • Brighton & Hove BH4 (prototypical)
  • Stagecoach Stripes
  • Stagecoach Beachball (prototypical)
  • Arriva Cotswold
  • Arriva Interurban
  • First Barbie 2 (prototypical)
  • First Barbie 3 (prototypical)
  • (London Transport for the London Spec variant)
(Might be subject to change)
I would love to make or see the 607 express livery mark bowerbank flickr Mark Bowerbank
View attachment 55661
Very very nice! Me too!
That pic just gave me an idea... I know it's only a Volvo engine, but I would LOVE to do a fictional Volvo B10 chassied variant of the National, with slightly more Renown lights! (angled at the left and right ends)
We'll see what the future holds. :)

• Love

P674 MLE

Apr 6, 2018
www.flickr.com
I'm sure they are. :)

Might actually do a Greenway one. ;)

Glad you asked, because weirdly enough, I haven't even thought of repaints yet.
I'll probably include Maidstone & District, because:
1) It looks pretty simple and straightforward to do, and
2) You've requested it! :)
So the liveries the bus will come with will probably be:
  • (Maidstone & District)
  • Brighton & Hove BH1
  • Brighton & Hove BH2
  • Brighton & Hove BH3 (prototypical)
  • Brighton & Hove BH4 (prototypical)
  • Stagecoach Stripes
  • Stagecoach Beachball (prototypical)
  • Arriva Cotswold
  • Arriva Interurban
  • First Barbie 2 (prototypical)
  • First Barbie 3 (prototypical)
  • (London Transport for the London Spec variant)
(Might be subject to change)

Very very nice! Me too!
That pic just gave me an idea... I know it's only a Volvo engine, but I would LOVE to do a fictional Volvo B10 chassied variant of the National, with slightly more Renown lights! (angled at the left and right ends)
We'll see what the future holds. :)
yes a greenway and volvo variant would be a treat plus them liverys your doing all sound great and it would be funny to see a brighton and hove 4 livery on it lol if i could i would help but im bad at scripting and even worse in blender lol

BTW you may like this site they do a lot of brighton and hove liverys OMSI Brighton & Hove

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
yes a greenway and volvo variant would be a treat plus them liveries you're doing all sound great and it would be funny to see a brighton and hove 4 livery on it lol if I could I would help but I'm bad at scripting and even worse in blender lol

BTW you may like this site they do a lot of brighton and hove liverys OMSI Brighton & Hove
Many thanks!
Yes, BH4 would be funny, that's why I put it in. :)
At the moment I know nothing of OMSI 2 scripting (apart from writing ".cti" files for reskins and changing a bus's camera views in the ".bus" files), but I will try my best to learn it. You can always help with doing liveries, like for example the 607 Express livery you suggested if you would be up for it (not now though, that would be once the outside is completely done and a reskin template can be released).
Thanks for the link as well, I did already know about OMSI Brighton, but thank you nonetheless. :)

P674 MLE

Apr 6, 2018
www.flickr.com
Many thanks!
Yes, BH4 would be funny, that's why I put it in. :)
At the moment I know nothing of OMSI 2 scripting (apart from writing ".cti" files for reskins and changing a bus's camera views in the ".bus" files), but I will try my best to learn it. You can always help with doing liveries, like for example the 607 Express livery you suggested if you would be up for it (not now though, that would be once the outside is completely done and a reskin template can be released).
Thanks for the link as well, I did already know about OMSI Brighton, but thank you nonetheless. :)
Yeah i could make many repaints lol i love repainting buses also no worries for the link but yeah im up for making liveries

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
Last edited:

Advertisement

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread