Buses [LDT] Leyland National Mk1 (1 Viewer)

whoa!_larger_national_gif!.gif

That's right, folks, I'm working on a Leyland National Mk1!
After a long wait, Leyland Development Team (LDT) strikes its magic wand on that beautifully ancient and overgrown-with-moss stone of WIP threads, bringing some fresh new light into the scene!

ancient_stone.png

FAQ:
• Will you do the Mk2 version of the Leyland National as well as Mk1?
Probably yes, but it will take quite a while until I get the Mk1 National finished (absolutely no idea when that'll be), so don't expect anything on that in the near future.
• Do you have a rough estimate on when the release will be?
As I already said above, I have no idea on when the bus will be ready for release.
• Can I be an alpha or beta tester?
I don't know yet. I'm not saying "No" right away, but I'm not saying "Yes" either. Maybe, maybe not.
Alpha and Beta testers will be chosen at a later date, when it's even applicable to talk about it.
• Will there also be variants with the smaller roof-mounted heating pod and also ones without one entirely?
I do plan on doing the different variants of the roof pod as a setvar, so yes.
I'm not entirely sure though, we'll see. Let's just say: If I can figure out how to do it, yes. :)
• Some variants of the National had fog lights... do you plan on doing those as a setvar as well?
Yes, I do! :D In fact, I've already modelled the foglighted bumper!
• Will the bus come with a cab and interior?
Well, of course! What did you think?! 😄
• The "Streets of LOTUS" module for LOTUS-Simulator is out... do you think you'll do a port for that as well?
Okay so I don't have LOTUS-Simulator yet, but if I do, and if I have the module, and if I get some scripting and coding experience with that, and I understand it: Yes. :)

In conclusion:
I am extremely eager to share more news with you as I improve the model of this bus more and more, and I will do my best to give you updates as regular as possible, and I hope that you are as excited for this bus as I am.

Credits:
@LeylandNationalStagecoach (founder)
@Ecronbuses (co-founder, Discord server set-up and support)

But... I WANT MORE!! MORE MORE MORE!!
Want to be kept up-to-date with this project and others?
Want to be in a kind and loving community focused on buses and OMSI 2?
Have a Discord account? 😏
I've got just the thing for you...

Join the Leyland Developments Server today! It's simple, just click the link below!

- - - [LDS] Leyland Developments Server - - -

whoa!_larger_rear_national_gif!.gif

Last edited:

Advertisement

LeylandNationalStagecoach

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
Looks great. Reminds me of these (Leyland Leopard) that we had here when I was kid

9300126715_eecfa48ac9_b.jpg[img]
Thank you!
Yeah, they do look a bit similar.

I like the progress and the doors look fine to me. Were there ever any full auto Leyland National buses? Or was it just semi-autos? I have tried the Mercedes O.303 coach and I am not so good with manual gears :).
I'm not an expert on these buses, but to my knowledge all of them were semi-automatic.
That doesn't mean I won't do a fully automatic one as a fictional variant though! :)

looking good, can't wait. keep up the good work :)
Many thanks! :) I'll do my best!

Advertisement

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
can't wait, be nice to have one or two older uk buses, the bristol 2 DD is a classic also that ran around the same time as the SD leyland nat 1 & 2
lodekka would be nice they were bristol double deckers in the 60s-80s
I am still hoping someone will do a Bristol VR for OMSI ..
I won't make any false promises, but I might do one of these after the Mk1 National is in the game, finished and released.
And any plans that might exist are far from concrete.
Thanks for the posts though! :)

Reactions: jamiebally

Advertisement

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
I have wondered how are you going to get the sounds for this?
There have been some kind people who have sent me their clips of them riding on Nationals where you can audibly hear the engine's sounds, and I will be using them. For other more generic sounds (like opening the windows, etc) I might have to resort to using stock OMSI 2 bus sounds.
Thanks for your interest though!

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
I know some people who have preserved Maidstone & District National MK.1 that you could record if you have the equipment? I could arrange it?
Thanks you so much for the offer! ❤
Though before I even think of anything regarding sound recording, I do want to get the bus into OMSI 2 (to be actually drivable), and somewhat add an interior as well (like the cab, figuring out how to make buttons work, switches, etc.).
Thanks a lot though! I will definitely keep it in mind.

Advertisement

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread