Buses [LDT] Leyland National Mk1 (4 Viewers)

whoa!_larger_national_gif!.gif

That's right, folks, I'm working on a Leyland National Mk1!
After a long wait, Leyland Development Team (LDT) strikes its magic wand on that beautifully ancient and overgrown-with-moss stone of WIP threads, bringing some fresh new light into the scene!

ancient_stone.png

FAQ:
• Will you do the Mk2 version of the Leyland National as well as Mk1?
Probably yes, but it will take quite a while until I get the Mk1 National finished (absolutely no idea when that'll be), so don't expect anything on that in the near future.
• Do you have a rough estimate on when the release will be?
As I already said above, I have no idea on when the bus will be ready for release.
• Can I be an alpha or beta tester?
I don't know yet. I'm not saying "No" right away, but I'm not saying "Yes" either. Maybe, maybe not.
Alpha and Beta testers will be chosen at a later date, when it's even applicable to talk about it.
• Will there also be variants with the smaller roof-mounted heating pod and also ones without one entirely?
I do plan on doing the different variants of the roof pod as a setvar, so yes.
I'm not entirely sure though, we'll see. Let's just say: If I can figure out how to do it, yes. :)
• Some variants of the National had fog lights... do you plan on doing those as a setvar as well?
Yes, I do! :D In fact, I've already modelled the foglighted bumper!
• Will the bus come with a cab and interior?
Well, of course! What did you think?! 😄
• The "Streets of LOTUS" module for LOTUS-Simulator is out... do you think you'll do a port for that as well?
Okay so I don't have LOTUS-Simulator yet, but if I do, and if I have the module, and if I get some scripting and coding experience with that, and I understand it: Yes. :)

In conclusion:
I am extremely eager to share more news with you as I improve the model of this bus more and more, and I will do my best to give you updates as regular as possible, and I hope that you are as excited for this bus as I am.

Credits:
@LeylandNationalStagecoach (founder)
@Ecronbuses (co-founder, Discord server set-up and support)

But... I WANT MORE!! MORE MORE MORE!!
Want to be kept up-to-date with this project and others?
Want to be in a kind and loving community focused on buses and OMSI 2?
Have a Discord account? 😏
I've got just the thing for you...

Join the Leyland Developments Server today! It's simple, just click the link below!

- - - [LDS] Leyland Developments Server - - -

whoa!_larger_rear_national_gif!.gif

Last edited:

Advertisement

LeylandNationalStagecoach

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
New Render.png

UPDATE: Finally converted the National from 2.8 to 2.79b!
Good news everyone, now the bus is technically able to be put into OMSI 2! :D
The bus isn't ready just yet though. I'll do some more work to the model itself first. ;)

Edit: Also, forgot to mention, the head and foglight textures are now swapped with @Road-hog123's. :)

Last edited:

Albastru

Somebody stole my fantasy
Forum Moderator
Feb 11, 2018
Brighton & Hove, East Sussex, England
Pronouns
They/Them
View attachment 62212
UPDATE: Finally converted the National from 2.8 to 2.79b!
Good news everyone, now the bus is technically able to be put into OMSI 2! :D
The bus isn't ready just yet though. I'll do some more work to the model itself first. ;)

Edit: Also, forgot to mention, the head and foglight textures are now swapped with @Road-hog123's. :)
Fab work as per the norm ;)

BritishRail60062

A Friendly Rail & Transport Fan.
Jan 10, 2017
Northern Ireland
www.youtube.com
Now that looks good! Just a question for later really. Will this bus have setvars for the roofpod variants as I remember some having short pods, others having long pods and some rarer ones didn't have any on the top. Although I have not seen a National or been on one for the best part of 25 years. I thought I would press my luck and ask.

Advertisement

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
Now that looks good!
Thanks! :D
Will this bus have setvars for the roofpod variants as I remember some having short pods, others having long pods and some rarer ones didn't have any on the top. Although I have not seen a National or been on one for the best part of 25 years. I thought I would press my luck and ask.
No worries! Once I've figured out how to do setvars, I'm sure I'll do a setvar for the different pods!
Also, no roof pod at all sounds easy enough ????
Many thanks for your interest, and I'm glad you like it! :)

Looking good on this one. Just to note, pods were mark 1s, series Bs didn't have pods. Also, panel lighting was more expensive spec, standard strips were cheap spec. Think the longer pods were on the earlier versions/ When our c&G ones got moded with DAF engines, 305/9 & 13 as they became got two piece doors and mini fin pods as they went to town on the refurb. The others of the batch got less in the form of just heating, flooring, seats and the two piece doors, 3081 was the last to be done and was left with the four piece doors. Mark 2s had the bubble front, these didn't have pods on the cheap specs but did on dearer models. That'd be a good mod for this, a DAF engine or volvo version as there are a couple still thankfully in preservation!

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
Screenshot_2020-05-26_at_10.57.50.gif

UPDATE:
  • Lowered the entire bus (the bit between the lights and bumper is now much smaller, as per real life)
  • Added the fuel cap
  • Added rivets between the destie-box and windscreen
  • Added the driver's window
  • Made some minor interior flooring fixes
  • Applied the mirror modifier
  • Removed the o/s Dover-spec door light
Screenshot 2020-05-26 at 10.40.gif

Here's a GIF showing the height difference. (Ignore the top rivets, they have since been fixed, as seen in the picture above.)

Last edited:

Advertisement

Lukeyboi

Lukeyboi's OMSI Workshop
Apr 5, 2016
Pronouns
He/Him
1590500315647.png

This indent around the windscreen is not correct, it instead looks like this:
1590500394162.png

It follows the curve of the windscreen as opposed to being flat.

1590500489473.png

This needs to sit a lot more flush. I know the bottom of the bumper sits higher up than the bottom of the sides, but this looks like it just randomly protrudes out the front, like its been stuck on or something. It should curve around the bumper completely.
1590500595143.png

This image also shows that the curves on your indicators are too curved.

1590500730329.png

You may also want to fix this unevenly shaded mesh, unless you want the bus to look like someones clipped it into a lamp post.

Not a bad start otherwise

This is starting to take shape and I think it would be a good bus. I've never ridden on a National before and Sheffield did have them in both MK1 and MK2 AND operated by both SYTT (South Yorkshire Transport Trust - Later SYPTE) And Sheffield Mainline (Now First Mainine South Yorkshire - Routes Provided by SYPTE And operated by loads of companies who bid for them)

Advertisement

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread