Buses [LDT] Leyland National Mk1 (2 Viewers)

whoa!_larger_national_gif!.gif

That's right, folks, I'm working on a Leyland National Mk1!
After a long wait, Leyland Development Team (LDT) strikes its magic wand on that beautifully ancient and overgrown-with-moss stone of WIP threads, bringing some fresh new light into the scene!

ancient_stone.png

FAQ:
• Will you do the Mk2 version of the Leyland National as well as Mk1?
Probably yes, but it will take quite a while until I get the Mk1 National finished (absolutely no idea when that'll be), so don't expect anything on that in the near future.
• Do you have a rough estimate on when the release will be?
As I already said above, I have no idea on when the bus will be ready for release.
• Can I be an alpha or beta tester?
I don't know yet. I'm not saying "No" right away, but I'm not saying "Yes" either. Maybe, maybe not.
Alpha and Beta testers will be chosen at a later date, when it's even applicable to talk about it.
• Will there also be variants with the smaller roof-mounted heating pod and also ones without one entirely?
I do plan on doing the different variants of the roof pod as a setvar, so yes.
I'm not entirely sure though, we'll see. Let's just say: If I can figure out how to do it, yes. :)
• Some variants of the National had fog lights... do you plan on doing those as a setvar as well?
Yes, I do! :D In fact, I've already modelled the foglighted bumper!
• Will the bus come with a cab and interior?
Well, of course! What did you think?! 😄
• The "Streets of LOTUS" module for LOTUS-Simulator is out... do you think you'll do a port for that as well?
Okay so I don't have LOTUS-Simulator yet, but if I do, and if I have the module, and if I get some scripting and coding experience with that, and I understand it: Yes. :)

In conclusion:
I am extremely eager to share more news with you as I improve the model of this bus more and more, and I will do my best to give you updates as regular as possible, and I hope that you are as excited for this bus as I am.

Credits:
@LeylandNationalStagecoach (founder)
@Ecronbuses (co-founder, Discord server set-up and support)

But... I WANT MORE!! MORE MORE MORE!!
Want to be kept up-to-date with this project and others?
Want to be in a kind and loving community focused on buses and OMSI 2?
Have a Discord account? 😏
I've got just the thing for you...

Join the Leyland Developments Server today! It's simple, just click the link below!

- - - [LDS] Leyland Developments Server - - -

whoa!_larger_rear_national_gif!.gif

Last edited:

tr673

I'm a Scania
Apr 19, 2017
Notts or Lincs...
www.flickr.com
View attachment 55596

After a long wait, Leyland Development Team (LDT) strikes its magic wand on that beautifully ancient and overgrown-with-moss stone of WIP threads, bringing some fresh new light into the scene!

View attachment 55598

FAQ:
Probably yes, but it will take quite a while until I get the Mk1 National finished (absolutely no idea when that'll be), so don't expect anything on that in the near future.
As I already said above, I have no idea on when the bus will be ready for release.
I don't know yet. I'm not saying "No" right away, but I'm not saying "Yes" either. Maybe, maybe not.
Alpha and Beta testers will be chosen at a later date, when it's even applicable to talk about it.
• Will there also be variants with the smaller roof-mounted heating pod and also ones without one entirely?
I'm not entirely sure though, we'll see. Let's just say: If I can figure out how to do it, yes. :)
• Some variants of the National had fog lights... do you plan on doing those as a setvar as well?
Yes, I do! :D
Well, of course! What did you think?! ????
• Once the "Streets of LOTUS" module for LOTUS-Simulator releases, will you do a version for that as well?
Okay so I don't have LOTUS-Simulator yet, but once I do, once I have the module, and once I get some scripting and coding experience with that, and I understand it: Yes. :)

In conclusion:
I am extremely eager to share more news with you as I improve the model of this bus more and more, and I will do my best to give you updates as regular as possible, and I hope that you are as excited for this bus as much as I am.

Credits:

Have a Discord account? ????

Join the Leyland Development Server today! It's simple, just click the link below!

- - - [LDS] Leyland Development Server - - -

View attachment 55597
Well this looks fantastic! I think OMSI needs a few older buses in it and a National (or either length) would be perfect.
Just one thing though - aren't those the rear lights from a National 2?
nationalrears.png

Advertisement

LeylandNationalStagecoach

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
Well this looks fantastic! I think OMSI needs a few older buses in it and a National (or either length) would be perfect.
Just one thing though - aren't those the rear lights from a National 2?
View attachment 55603
Thank you! :D
Yeah the rear lights was the only thing I wasn't too sure on.
On a sidenote though: There was a Leyland National Mk2 mod for Midtown Madness 2, and it had the top rear lights (from your picture), just three on each side.
Maybe it's a variant thing, that some variants had 3 and some 4, National 1 and 2. I don't know.
If anyone has any more info on this, I'd appreciate it a lot!
Thanks again @tr673! :)

Reactions: arthurr

Albastru

Somebody stole my fantasy
Forum Moderator
Feb 11, 2018
Brighton & Hove, East Sussex, England
Pronouns
They/Them
View attachment 55596

View attachment 55598

FAQ:
• Once the "Streets of LOTUS" module for LOTUS-Simulator releases, will you do a version for that as well?
Okay so I don't have LOTUS-Simulator yet, but once I do, once I have the module, and once I get some scripting and coding experience with that, and I understand it: Yes. :)

In conclusion:
I am extremely eager to share more news with you as I improve the model of this bus more and more, and I will do my best to give you updates as regular as possible, and I hope that you are as excited for this bus as much as I am.

Credits:

Join the Leyland Development Server today! It's simple, just click the link below!

View attachment 55597
¡Muy, muy, muy bien!
I can’t wait to see more! ????
Modified to be B&H’s examples when? I mean what, did you hear something??

Hullian111

EYMS Buses Really Mean Business
Aug 5, 2017
... well, where do you think?!
First of all, we get an (MCW, I might add) Metrorider, now we get a National? What is this, deregulation?

Just watch - we'll probably be getting some of these, now...

Looking forward to seeing how this goes - its great to see we're diving into the older buses now. Will a London Transport variant be in the pipeline?

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
¡Muy, muy, muy bien!
I can’t wait to see more! ????
Modified to be B&H’s examples when? I mean what, did you hear something??
Heh, thank you very much my dear Sir. ????

First of all, we get an (MCW, I might add) Metrorider, now we get a National? What is this, deregulation?

Hi, Hullian!
Who's doing the MCW Metrorider?
If you mean V3D, no, he's doing the Optare MetroRider (not MCW).
Also, thanks for the kind words, those two buses would be very nice as well.
Might actually do them after the National's finished! (don't quote me on that though ;) )

Last edited:

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
Looking forward to seeing how this goes - It's great to see we're diving into the older buses now. Will a London Transport variant be in the pipeline?

I'm sure I'll do one once the Regional one's done. :)
The London-spec variant will most likely come as an additional variant which will come through an update. :)
Thanks for your interest, and yes it is great to see older buses coming our way. :)

Last edited:

Advertisement

tr673

I'm a Scania
Apr 19, 2017
Notts or Lincs...
www.flickr.com

Looking forward to seeing how this goes - its great to see we're diving into the older buses now. Will a London Transport variant be in the pipeline?

Those minibuses... what would be funny is a Dodge S56, as from what I've read they were vile machines. Although OMSI probably wouldn't be able to simulate the cramped interior, stiff destination blind cranks and the passengers breathing down the back of the driver's neck due to the lack of cab partition.
Thank you! :D
Yeah the rear lights was the only thing I wasn't too sure on.
On a sidenote though: There was a Leyland National Mk2 mod for Midtown Madness 2, and it had the top rear lights (from your picture), just three on each side.
Maybe it's a variant thing, that some variants had 3 and some 4, National 1 and 2. I don't know.
If anyone has any more info on this, I'd appreciate it a lot!
Thanks again @tr673! :)
I'll have to see what National pictures I can dig out from the various bus rallies and events I've been to and see if there are any variation.
One thing I do know is the the 'B-Series' Nationals lacked roof pods and had vents in the front panel, but what the reason for that was I don't know.

Albastru

Forum Moderator
Feb 11, 2018
Pronouns
They/Them

Advertisement

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
Those minibuses... what would be funny is a Dodge S56, as from what I've read they were vile machines. Although OMSI probably wouldn't be able to simulate the cramped interior, stiff destination blind cranks and the passengers breathing down the back of the driver's neck due to the lack of cab partition.

I'll have to see what National pictures I can dig out from the various bus rallies and events I've been to and see if there are any variation.
One thing I do know is the the 'B-Series' Nationals lacked roof pods and had vents in the front panel, but what the reason for that was I don't know.
I see... interesting!
Dodge S56... maybe. I have got a lot on my plate though at the moment (just the Mk1 National alone) so we'll just have to wait and see what the future will have to offer. :)
I'd appreciate any pictures you can dig up, thanks a lot! :D

My history is probably wrong, but I don’t think it's possible to find any blueprints.
I think this because I believe the original bus was involved in an accident, and instead of scraping her they converted her.
Ah, I see... Why was there more than one though, if just one of the buses was involved in an accident?
If you know, of course. :)

Albastru

Forum Moderator
Feb 11, 2018
Pronouns
They/Them
I see... interesting!
Dodge S56... maybe. I have got a lot on my plate though at the moment (just the Mk1 National alone) so we'll just have to wait and see what the future will have to offer. :)
I'd appreciate any pictures you can dig up, thanks a lot! :D

Ah, I see... Why was there more than one though, if just one of the buses was involved in an accident?
If you know, of course. :)
Well, I’ve learnt something new today!
Maybe I was thinking of another bus...

I will look forward to the O510 turbo charged engine, always sounded great up the gears and whine. Certainly one of the musical buses to ride. The Manchester transport museum has TXJ507K one if the very early examples which is really loud. Great memories.

Apr 1, 2016
View attachment 55596

View attachment 55598

FAQ:

In conclusion:

Credits:

View attachment 55597
Really liking this National so far :) I wish you luck on the project. Always loved the TL11 engines some were equipped with.

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
Well, I’ve learnt something new today!
Maybe I was thinking of another bus...
Perhaps. :)

I will look forward to the O510 turbo charged engine, always sounded great up the gears and whine. Certainly one of the musical buses to ride. The Manchester transport museum has TXJ507K one if the very early examples which is really loud. Great memories.
Really liking this National so far :) I wish you luck on the project. Always loved the TL11 engines some were equipped with.
Thanks a lot guys!

I've got to say something though. While I do like to call myself "fairly versed" in Blender as I have been using it for 7 years now, and I've managed to do a model like the one above, I don't have any access to any real life National, nor have I even ridden inside one in my life.
Therefore, I don't know how I am going to get the sounds and tuning (the bus's handling) right.
If anyone (and I do mean anyone) can help me with either sounds (say if you have filmed something inside a National by some coincidence once), or help me the bus's tuning, I would more than appreciate it.

I forgot to mention this earlier, and I'm very sorry about that, but if I can't get real life National sounds or information on how the bus handled (like me), as much as I don't want this to be true, I'm afraid it'll have to utilise most of the default MAN SD200 sounds. Really sorry! :(

Last edited:
Reactions: Albastru

Advertisement

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread